Scary Stories?

Started by Carbon27, January 30, 2014, 06:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
 Anyone have a scary, creepy, story that they have experienced or that they know about? Doesn't matter if it is true or not, it just has to make you hair stand on end.

This actually happened to me on a spring day, while bringing the trash down my long driveway. So, I walked down my driveway, and my cat followed me. Which is normal. (I live in the country, FYI.) About midway down, a heard a horrid growl, sort of in between a growl and a scream. All of a sudden, EVERY DANG BIRD IN MY YARD WAS FLYING AWAY, trying to get the heck outta there. My cat, also running, my dog cowering. I looked over to where the noise was, and I looked into the woods, and say a 6 foot thing walking away. I got only a small look before my legs carried me away. Yes, without the garbage can. It was a bear, or dare I say it...             Bigfoot.
This wasn't my imagination, I saw a car going abnormally slow on my street, I mean, really slow. One does not imagine what I saw.

Another scary, true story, was the killing of Tim McLean. Because of it's disturbing story, look it up yourself. Some say he was controlled by the Windigo.

What are your scary stories?

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

January 30, 2014, 06:46:44 PM #1 Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 07:01:12 PM by -RepublicCommando-
-rephrased

I once played an FPS where you didn't control your player o.O

January 30, 2014, 07:06:51 PM #2 Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 12:53:51 AM by Unit 33
Well once I saw the first two minutes of a Honey Boo- Boo episode... I don't want to talk about it anymore

Quote from: Carbon27 on January 30, 2014, 06:31:07 PM
Another scary, true story, was the killing of Tim McLean. Because of it's disturbing story, look it up yourself. Some say he was controlled by the Windigo.
Greyhound Buses, Now offering lower ride costs when sitting next to deranged people with "Rambo" knifes
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

I know this one about a guy on the forum who constantly multi-posts... Spooky!

Yes COD that means you.

srsly

Real-life scary stories are rarely... scary. Especially when shared through the format of the written word.

So anyway I once had a session with a ouija board at a stag-do (Bachelor party), and after much hilarity forcing it to spell out rude words (to the consternation of the one guy who believed in ghosties) things got a bit weird.
Firstly, things got quiet.
Now, we had hired out this farm house on the moors for the party, and it was pretty much 3am, even still it never gets quiet, what with the wind and the occasional sheep.
But it got quiet all the same, the drunken laughter died out and all attention fixated on the board, now this time no questions were asked, it just began to spell out...

no more games

It certainly killed the buzz.

Anyway, one of the guys disappeared that night, and we kinda found him in two fields away during the clean up in the morning.

Quote from: Unit 33 on January 31, 2014, 01:05:17 AM

Real-life scary stories are rarely... scary. Especially when shared through the format of the written word.

So anyway I once had a session with a ouija board at a stag-do (Bachelor party), and after much hilarity forcing it to spell out rude words (to the consternation of the one guy who believed in ghosties) things got a bit weird.
Firstly, things got quiet.
Now, we had hired out this farm house on the moors for the party, and it was pretty much 3am, even still it never gets quiet, what with the wind and the occasional sheep.
But it got quiet all the same, the drunken laughter died out and all attention fixated on the board, now this time no questions were asked, it just began to spell out...

no more games

It certainly killed the buzz.

Anyway, one of the guys disappeared that night, and we kinda found him in two fields away during the clean up in the morning.
I think I saw this on Netflix  ;)

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Wait so was the guy uh um... "sleeping alot" or just passed out drunk

January 31, 2014, 11:04:45 AM #6 Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 11:11:12 AM by Unit 33
Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on January 31, 2014, 09:48:39 AM
Wait so was the guy uh um... "sleeping alot" or just passed out drunk
Well it could have been the large consumption of ales or a spooky ghost… or both!

Here are some other things which have convinced me that there is a ghost at college:

.The lift (elevator) has been stuck on our floor, opening and closing over and over again.
.During a group mono printing session a paint-covered roller flipped off the table on it's own accord.
.Several weeks ago I distinctly heard an audible sigh in the studio, despite being the only person in the room.
.We have observed that two windows at the back of the room are always opened in the morning, this is not due to the cleaners.
.Last week one of the projector's theft alarms triggered with no cause what-so-ever.

Spooky and scary.

Well my sister says that a shower in one of the dorms at her school is haunted by a girl who had hung herself in there, now she says that the shower literally turns on and of on its own without anyone in there. *Note* My sister got this information from reliable college drunks but its still true according to people who only smoke hemp at her college.

January 31, 2014, 11:50:09 AM #8 Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 11:57:23 AM by -RepublicCommando-
College:
Stirring your coffee with a highlighter, wetting your toothbrush with a water bottle, and home to ominous and (sometimes) creative pranks between peers.

-Oh yeah, don't forget about that one professor that just hates your guts for no apparent reason..
--

Are SWBF stories allowed here?
I've seen some very odd game mechanics from that trippy Zero engine..

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on January 31, 2014, 11:50:09 AM
College:
Stirring your coffee with a highlighter, wetting your toothbrush with a water bottle, and home to ominous and (sometimes) creative pranks between peers.

-Oh yeah, don't forget about that one professor that just hates your guts for no apparent reason..
Sounds like my brother...wait John?

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on January 31, 2014, 11:50:09 AM
Are SWBF stories allowed here?
I've seen some very odd game mechanics from that trippy Zero engine..

Well there is the 'strange things in SWBF' thread, but post it here. I won't ban you or anything.

Why once I knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy's cousin that saw... a SEABEAR. (What Spongebob would have said if he could finish) Hmmmm... anyone got any ghost stories

The scariest thing that ever happened to me was when I was about to watch a video on youtube, but before I could watch the video there was an ad, and the ad was of One Direction. But luckily I was able to lift up the computer and smash it on the ground. But I could still here the "music", it was stuck in my head! I submitted myself into an insane asylum. The doctors there treated me with shock therapy several times, but that didn't work so they  had to give do 1711 lobotomies on me, which thankfully worked. To this day I can't use the internet out of fear of hearing the band that shall not be named.

scariest things ive seen was every person ive seen die infront of me