Look here if you want any chance of Openspy again

Started by Carbon27, July 14, 2013, 02:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I found the Openspy site. I think we should tell them we use Openspy for battlefront, then maybe we can get some technical support on whats going on. http://openspy.net/ I'm not sure if I have found something important, or something unimportant, but I think I should make sure. If this is a stupid topic, please delete.

EDIT:

I think the reason there have been no responses is because they might not know what SWBF is, maybe someone should post something using the words Star wars Battlefront.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

i already tried posting there explaining the situation and it said comment awaiting approval from moderator but it wasn't approved you can try though.

I just looked at some comments, and I see one by Anyder:

"Is Openspy down? It actually seems to be down in SWBF1. We could play on it 2-3 weeks ago, but now it's not working anymore. Could you please let us play through Openspy again?"

Some guy named Fred Lauzus posted something. And a admin or somebody posted under that, and somebody else posted under that.

Quote from: Buckler on July 14, 2013, 04:12:26 PM
Its dead. 
Whats dead? Openspy as a whole, or just SWBF Openspy?

EDIT: Somebody who knows more about the servers needs to post something, I would but I don't know exactly what to say besides Openspy isn't working.

Quote from: Josh on July 14, 2013, 04:49:18 PM
Whats dead? Openspy as a whole, or just SWBF Openspy?

EDIT: Somebody who knows more about the servers needs to post something, I would but I don't know exactly what to say besides Openspy isn't working.

Openspy for SWBF PC is dead.  I have no way of verifying other games. 

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

*Sigh.. Oh well. We did all we could to save battlefront.

We still have Tunngle though
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Openspy fractured the community more than anything and it couldn't handle more than eight player servers. It wasn't exactly ideal in the first place.

On the plus side though Openspy had no lag when it was working, where as tunngle is borderline on unplayable for serious fighting.

We have the source code for openspy, but there are some issues inclusing some database issues with mysql.  SK is working on it. 

If we have any C++ programmers, mySQL experts, and people good with Linux, then feel free to chime in.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet