Does anyone know why SWBF didn't come out for the GC?

Started by Carbon27, June 06, 2013, 05:40:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
So, why is there no SWBF for GameCube? Graphics? No online? Both of those? Does anyone have an answer? This is probably a stupid question, but I have been wondering this for a while.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

The GameCube was graphically capable and had some form of online capabilities. It is actually more powerful than the PS2 and only slightly less powerful than the xBox. At a guess I would say it would be the fact that the GC would have been another platform to have to support. And since they probably didn't think the market was there for a game like SWBF on it, why throw the $100,000+ towards developing for it?

Quote from: SleepKiller on June 06, 2013, 06:08:55 AMAnd since they probably didn't think the market was there for a game like SWBF on it, why throw the $100,000+ towards developing for it?

That is my guess.

I think it might be partly with controls. GameCube had a "Camera Stick", Joystick, A,B,X,Y buttons, Start/Select button, a Z button on the right side, and a left and right trigger. Sure you could probably move about and what not  with those controls, but keep in mind both Xbox and PS2 had 2 Left and Right buttons on both sides, whereas GameCube had 1 button on the left, and 2 on the right.

Sure there could be some substitutes to the controls to make, but I think overall it would be just the idea of porting it to another system.

Still, makes me sad they never did put it on GameCube. I own one, played the life out of that thing almost. Unfortunately we lost our severely-corrupted memory card that had all of our data stored on it, so now I can't play my GameCube anymore, unless I want to start fresh every time I play. :(

Can't you just buy a new one? ???

I don't think GameCubes are manufactured anymore.. I used to have one, fun stuff.

Never could get the darn thing to save games :P

It's been hard to find another GameCube memory card locally, I'l have to try and hunt down one off eBay for a cheap price.

Also, I think the memory card was supposed to go into Slot A, if I remember correctly.

My GameCube library by far is probably my biggest game library (possibly bigger than my dad's NES library), got so many games for that thing. The only games I played on that thing a lot were Lego Star Wars, Lego Star Wars II, Need For Speed Underground 2, Need For Speed Carbon, and Jeremy McGrath's Supercross World.

Had Mario Party 4 and 7 on that thing, unfortunately my brother liked 7 so much he wrecked the disc beyond recognition. :P

Ah, I had NFSU2 for GC, but then right as I was getting very close to the end, my memory card, like yours, went haywire. Had the sickest RX8 imaginable, I miss that car.  :'( But now I have it for PC, and Oh, my it's soooo much fun.       When I first got GC gear for my W(crap)ii, I got a controller and a really high end memory card, for about 10$

The real question is, why are there hardly any starwars games on any nintendo system? If my sources are correct there were only 10 starwars games made for the Nintendo systems untill the Wii came out. The number has doubled or tripled since the Wii came out, but if you look at the past games for xbox and playstation the numbers far exceed those for nintendo systems.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Quote from: {212th} Ldr. Norris on June 06, 2013, 02:58:36 PM
The real question is, why are there hardly any starwars games on any nintendo system? If my sources are correct there were only 10 starwars games made for the Nintendo systems untill the Wii came out. The number has doubled or tripled since the Wii came out, but if you look at the past games for xbox and playstation the numbers far exceed those for nintendo systems.

It's a mystery for sure, I haven't checked actual sales for saying this, but I think the Xbox and PlayStation 2 were more popular in North America. This probably caused for the more popular titles to be put on there, rather than the GameCube.

Though I have yet to hunt down Call of Duty: Big Red One (one of the few shooter titles for GameCube), really want to play that game.