ICW3 Radar Usage

Started by Shazam, August 01, 2013, 03:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Does splitting half of the ICW3 maps between normal and anti-radar sound like a good compromise?

Yes
13 (54.2%)
No
11 (45.8%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: August 08, 2013, 03:08:58 PM

Does splitting half of the ICW3 maps between normal and anti-radar sound like a good compromise?

I did not make an "I don't care" option so neither side can claim that the I-don't-care's are technically on their side for some reason or another.  If you don't care and just want to have a fun tournament, you can just wait for the outcome.  :)

I cannot stress enough how much I do not want this to turn into a full-on radar discussion.  Please, just vote.

It is a reasonable compromise yeah.

August 01, 2013, 03:18:41 PM #2 Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 03:20:41 PM by «{๑Ωãrk§ìth๑}LordMike
ID RATHER BE SURPRISED WHEN I WALK AROUND A CORNER

Shazam's idea is now a law. If you don't like it you may leave the ICW.

Quote from: Oven on August 01, 2013, 05:28:57 PM
Shazam's idea is now a law. If you don't like it you may leave the ICW.

I will take this as a sign that I do not need to involve myself in this tournament adminning.  SWBFgamers.com is happy to host for this via tunngle.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: «{๑Ωãrk§ìth๑}LordMike on August 01, 2013, 03:18:41 PM
ID RATHER BE SURPRISED WHEN I WALK AROUND A CORNER
Your profile picture, is that pro or anti Jeff Gordon?

Here's a good compromise:

1, 2, or 3 people on every team can have radar! Or 1 person each map can have radar, and it switches who has it after every map!

Please note, I'm not in the ICW, Openspy was my only SWBF MP option.  :)

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: Josh on August 01, 2013, 06:21:15 PM

1, 2, or 3 people on every team can have radar! Or 1 person each map can have radar, and it switches who has it after every map!
Thanks, but a different, official, and more practical compromise was made just 3 posts up.

Quote from: Josh on August 01, 2013, 06:21:15 PM
Your profile picture, is that pro or anti Jeff Gordon?

Please note, I'm not in the ICW, Openspy was my only SWBF MP option.  :)
That would require the player closing battlefront to either add or remove radar after each map.

The biggest thing now is deciding what maps are and what maps are not allowing radar. The best way would seem to vote on it. Or come up with some system as to how large or small the map is allows or disallows radar.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Quote from: {212th} Ldr. Norris on August 02, 2013, 06:28:34 PM
The biggest thing now is deciding what maps are and what maps are not allowing radar. The best way would seem to vote on it. Or come up with some system as to how large or small the map is allows or disallows radar.

Quote from: Oven on August 01, 2013, 06:06:42 PM
1. Shazam's 50/50 radar suggestion has now been turned into a law. Details will follow, but possibly we will disable radar on mod maps and turn it on for everyone on stock maps. If anyone else has good ideas about how to determine which maps will be radar, post here.

In my opinion, think the mod maps should allow radar, and the stock maps should be the player's choice, so there would be no download required (unless you wanted to use radar, of course) for the stock map battles.

I'm open to suggestion, though.

Mod map to stock map would work. Personally I think radar is most annoying in a small map. Like the tech center, on larger maps it can actually help the flow of the match. Although determining small and big maps would undoubtedly cause more confusion than just labeling mod maps as radar and stock as no radar.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins