Closed
5 (55.6%)
Closed
2 (22.2%)
Closed
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: August 03, 2013, 06:42:08 PM

Wow. Now we can see how far we have come, how things have changed.
Last summer radar was out of the question, yet people still used it even though they knew the rules. Now we are debating something that was always going to have a predictable outcome. Split in two sides.
For a clan to be so associated with radar so much that they will not even go without it, I think is slightly ridiculous  ???  How come you entered the previous ICW's when radar was not allowed? Although I know some used it? Just questions I would like to know the answer to. No disrespect.
I also would completely disagree with your interpretations of the radar mod Phobos, but that will just start another argument I guess.

(212th) is prominently against the radar mod and would not use it against an opponent that is not thus giving us an advantage. We will play without an advantage throughout.
I will be the (212th)'s main representative.
Mart will be here for when I am not.

When I get time, I am going to slice this topic up into items relevant to ICW3 and radar.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

August 01, 2013, 05:14:29 AM #47 Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 05:28:47 AM by Buckler
What fred thinks on this topic if irrelevant, and will be until he starts playing MP.

Locking this topic momentarily until I can split it.

Unlocking this topic.  Keep this about the ICW3.  Generic Radar discussions are in this thread:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=6903.msg73095
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

@Helios, I read your post about 212 and radar but I do not know the topic to respond in.
I think it is not very thoughtful of you to release the radar mod and then go against it by saying that 212 have access to it - in response to my previous post. Of course we have access to it, you posted it on the site yourself. I believe the majority of the community has access to it. As I said:

Quote from: {212} Nixo on July 31, 2013, 08:26:06 PM
(212th) is prominently against the radar mod.

Yes we have access to it but we will not use it to give ourselves an advantage over the opposite team. If they don't use it, we won't use it. Simple.
If this post wasn't meant to be here please feel free to move it to wherever.

August 01, 2013, 06:35:44 AM #49 Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 06:37:34 AM by Phobos
Quote from: {212} Nixo on August 01, 2013, 06:33:50 AM
@Helios, I read your post about 212 and radar but I do not know the topic to respond in.
I think it is not very thoughtful of you to release the radar mod and then go against it by saying that 212 have access to it - in response to my previous post. Of course we have access to it, you posted it on the site yourself. I believe the majority of the community has access to it.
Shouldn't you be a little bit grateful he was at least willing to post the link for you guys to use if u wanted to? It is his job as an admin to ensure fairness after all, and by posting the link that is what he did. No need to be offended that it was released here, Buckler gave the okay. And nobody is forcing you to use it after all.

Quote from: SWBFGamers.com forum rulesAvoid political and religious topics.
Now are we going to disregard all forums rules? Because the way some people are talking this sounds like a political and/or religious discussion.

:D

Quote from: Phobos on August 01, 2013, 06:35:44 AM
Shouldn't you be a little bit grateful he was at least willing to post the link for you guys to use if u wanted to? It is his job as an admin to ensure fairness after all, and by posting the link that is what he did. No need to be offended that it was released here, Buckler gave the okay. And nobody is forcing you to use it after all.
It is not the fact that I am ungrateful for him posting the link. It is the fact Helios said I was being hypocritical about  radar.
Aside from radar.
Helios you said that is wouldn't make a difference if wusi entered or not. I think that is a little bit disrespectful towards them. I think it would be great to have as many clans entering as possible. Playing different opponents.

Grateful? Since when were you the only one who knew how to make the minimap hack?

Clearly the community is split on radar use, there might be a few more active players recently but not enough to have a big tournament if everyone falls out again. Until this tournament radar users and people who don't like it played separately on servers with clear rules. That works so surely we can just have a compromise where we play some maps with and some without radar.
I've already said that radar takes the fun out of the game for me but I don't think people should never be allowed to use it so I'm quite willing to play with people who use it as long as they play some games without it so I can have fun. That's the point of games. Fun. :)
Hopefully we have good admins who remain neutral and don't get involved in the argument. Let's see what they come up with and then either join the tournament or just play somewhere else.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

August 01, 2013, 10:19:07 AM #54 Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 10:20:52 AM by Phobos
Quote from: Ten Numb on August 01, 2013, 09:38:49 AM
Grateful? Since when were you the only one who knew how to make the minimap hack?
I don't know how to make a "minimap hack" only the radar mod. And I didn't see anyone else upload it? Plus I posted radar tutorial here long ago already, no surprise there.

Quote from: Phobos on August 01, 2013, 10:19:07 AM
I don't know how to make a "minimap hack" only the radar mod. And I didn't see anyone else upload it? Plus I posted radar tutorial here long ago already, no surprise there.
I didn't feel the need to upload a hack to the website.

Quote from: Ten Numb on August 01, 2013, 10:23:27 AM
I didn't feel the need to upload a hack to the website.
Neither did I, and the only thing Helios linked to is a radar mod, no hacks involved.

Quote from: Phobos on August 01, 2013, 10:27:16 AM
Neither did I, and the only thing Helios linked to is a radar mod, no hacks involved.
Why should we be grateful then?

Quote from: Ten Numb on August 01, 2013, 10:28:39 AM
Why should we be grateful then?
You don't have to be. Players who are grateful for it, and don't already have access to the mod, will be glad that Helios posted the link. Some players have already thanked us for it.

Quote from: Phobos on August 01, 2013, 10:30:30 AM
You don't have to be. Players who are grateful for it, and don't already have access to the mod, will be glad that Helios posted the link. Some players have already thanked us for it.