5 (55.6%)
Closed
2 (22.2%)
Closed
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: August 03, 2013, 06:42:08 PM

Quote from: Helios on July 31, 2013, 06:38:16 PM
Thats how its going to work, you have the choice to download radar, ICW3 will have radar in it, and its now available to all so dont complain.

How it will work is you guys have 24 hours to figure it out amongst yourselves, or I take over.  My hope is that before 24 hours is up, there are still teams left to play in it.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Thats how its going to work, you have the choice to download radar, ICW3 will have radar in it, and its now available to all so dont complain.

Well that settles it then. If it will have radar in it then no need for a poll. Thus we don't have to have this pointless debate.

Quote from: SirPimped on July 31, 2013, 06:23:47 PM
No one is going to change their position on this. The people against radar will continue to think so. Those for it won't be against it. Each side will think they can use reason to make their point, but in the end no one will change their position. So let's leave it at that.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

I believe the only way to make everyone somewhat happy, is to let everyone make their own choices on whether or not they want to use radar.  Anyone whining about the use of radar has 1 of 2 options:
1.  Download radar and use it yourself
2.  Only participate in the anti-radar mod maps

There are two other admins that have just as much of a say as you do, Helios.  Please keep that in mind.

Its decided Led radar will be allowed for ICW 3, download it now, or dont, but dont cry to admins about radar use as its available to the swbfgamers public.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: Helios on July 31, 2013, 06:51:21 PM
Its decided Led radar will be allowed for ICW 3, download it now, or dont, but dont cry to admins about radar use as its available to the swbfgamers public.

I want to see the three admins post in here that they are in agreement.

Quote from: Helios on July 31, 2013, 06:51:21 PM

So the voting is rigged then? more people don't want it in the tournament but because you are so very clearly sided with a certain group of people and when the polls go south you flip flopped and are gonna allow it now even though the people have spoken against it....good admin one of the best.

If the polls are rigged I wonder how this tournament will be??

July 31, 2013, 07:07:13 PM #36 Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 07:09:35 PM by Phobos
Quote from: WusiBabyEater on July 31, 2013, 07:02:04 PM
So the voting is rigged then? more people don't want it in the tournament but because you are so very clearly sided with a certain group of people and when the polls go south you flip flopped and are gonna allow it now even though the people have spoken against it....good admin one of the best.

Where did Oven or any other admin say that the poll results would be the FINAL SAY in the decision? I asked this question on the third post of this thread and it has not yet been officially answered http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=6881.msg73076#msg73076. The poll results were tied earlier, and although currently more people have voted no so far, voting is not closed until August 3rd.

Obviously Led has the final say in this matter, and I'm hoping Oven responds within 24 hours to clear things up once and for all. I like that Helios was willing to post the link for radar download, now anyone who wants it can download it and has no need to complain about it being unfair/unavailable etc.

Quote from: Buckler on July 31, 2013, 06:53:27 PM
Shazam and Oven please speak up when you see these posts.

Quote from: WusiBabyEater on July 31, 2013, 07:02:04 PM

The other two admins need to weigh in.  I do not understand why a poll was created, but for now, that is the ICW3 admins problem to deal with.

The choice is clear though, if you don't like the rules (when they have finally been settled), then don't participate.

Quote from: Buckler on July 31, 2013, 06:53:27 PM

I do not entirely agree with Helios.  As I said before;

Quote from: Shazam on July 31, 2013, 06:47:07 PM
I believe the only way to make everyone somewhat happy, is to let everyone make their own choices on whether or not they want to use radar.  Anyone whining about the use of radar has 1 of 2 options:
1.  Download radar and use it yourself
2.  Only participate in the anti-radar mod maps

If you do not want to play in a battle if your opponent has radar, then just participate in the anti-radar mod maps.  I will work with the modders to ensure that there will be maps that prohibit radar.

If you want to use radar, go ahead and use it.  We can't stop you from using it.

If you don't care, then you can decide whether or not you want to download the radar mod.

I do not fully understand why Helios made a poll for this anyway.  Just because someone is part of the minority, doesn't mean they need to be forgotten about and pushed to the side.  Let's try to make this tournament enjoyable for everyone.

helios informed me that shazam and oven asked him to create a poll, and that helios was opposed to the idea at first, but he was outvoted 2 to 1 so he had to make the poll.

Oven wanted a poll as he was afraid if radar was allowed people/clans would leave, shazam wasnt on at the time so we decided it was only fair to include his vote as a yes and no, which means i was outvoted 2-1

Quote from: Helios on July 31, 2013, 07:25:21 PM
Oven wanted a poll as he was afraid if radar was allowed people/clans would leave, shazam wasnt on at the time so we decided it was only fair to include his vote as a yes and no, which means i was outvoted 2-1

I am working on "guidelines for making an official tournament", with a hope that it will help people come to a mutual decision faster.  If you make a vote, you are going to have to have already decided what you will do based on the results.  Otherwise people will feel frustrated for providing input that is ignored. 

Quote from: Phobos on July 31, 2013, 07:14:45 PM
helios informed me that shazam and oven asked him to create a poll, and that helios was opposed to the idea at first, but he was outvoted 2 to 1 so he had to make the poll.

Oven may have, but I haven't.  Helios, if you're gonna admin, please don't make things up.

I would like potential clan representatives (if you don't know if that's you, then it probably isn't) to post whether or not their clan would be using radar, be against radar, or doesn't care if radar is used or not.  We may end up just having a radar tournament and a tournament disallowing radar.  I hope we can all find a way to play together, but apparently everyone is too caught up in their views on radar to just have fun in a tournament.

July 31, 2013, 07:45:35 PM #43 Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 07:18:19 AM by Phobos
Quote from: Dark_Phantom on July 31, 2013, 07:42:36 PM
If you're the better team, it's not going to matter in the long haul if you have any mods or not.  The best team will win.  The tournament will be played long enough that it will clearly separate the winners from losers, and one team will not win every single match with mods alone.
This has been proven historically yes.

Quote from: Shazam on July 31, 2013, 07:38:05 PM
I would like potential clan representatives (if you don't know if that's you, then it probably isn't) to post whether or not their clan would be using radar, be against radar, or doesn't care if radar is used or not.  We may end up just having a radar tournament and a tournament disallowing radar.  I hope we can all find a way to play together, but apparently everyone is too caught up in their views on radar to just have fun in a tournament.
Primary [FC] Representative:
- Phobos

Secondary [FC] Rep who will post for the clan if Phobos is absent:
- SirPimped

[FC] is a clan that supports radar and we will only participate in tournaments where radar is allowed/optional. We have no interest in any clan-based tournaments in which radar is not allowed to be used. [FC] is willing to provide help and instructions for downloading and installing radar mod to any opponent clans we face in a radar-allowed tournament. We do not use hacks in tournaments, only mods. [FC] is 100% prominently supportive of radar mods.

Quote from: Shazam on July 31, 2013, 07:38:05 PM
Oven may have, but I haven't.  Helios, if you're gonna admin, please don't make things up.

I thought id cleared that up by saying you were offline so we made a vote for you... Lol