SWBF leaderboards - Sign up thread

Started by {PLA}gdh92, August 12, 2012, 06:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 14, 2012, 05:41:51 PM #45 Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 05:46:26 PM by Niño
Quote from: SleepKiller on August 14, 2012, 04:52:47 PM
Mines are easier to see

If you're referring to the chamber on CC twilight then yes, it is easier to spot the mines but otherwise it doesn't really make a difference. I still get blown up by mines in the chamber anyway.

Quote from: SleepKiller on August 14, 2012, 04:52:47 PM
people stick out more.

That is false, I've never seen people stick out more.
Climate is what you expect. Weather is what you get.

ill see if wusi wants to put together a squad.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

Can I join the individual tournament

I'll update the list again now. Thanks to everyone who's still joining.
It seems the people for and against mod skins are pretty much even but it's easy enough to turn off. I will say this for the final time; I have every respect for the mods that are made for this game but if the lighting is changed on a map it does, even in a small way, change the gameplay. If both players/teams are happy I don't mind if it's used though. If players request it videos might have to be made but thats alot of effort for players so I want to avoid it.

I hope everyone can just get along and enjoy the tournament, I only started it for fun and that seems to be something I'm not getting out of it anymore but hopefully others will. :)

If people have any changes they want to the rules/I've missed something please continue to let me know, the only thing I'm considering changing at the moment is to do with the request for a mod map for the top players later in the tournament.

Quote from: [YAK]ComFrost on August 14, 2012, 02:59:13 PM
I think that I would like to join, if I can find the time and the ICW is over. Would it be alright if I use Regent's common.lvl?
Is that the custom crosshair? Talk to me over X-fire of you want.

Quote from: Rajsombath on August 14, 2012, 07:58:07 PM
Can I join the individual tournament
Of course everyones welcome. I'll add you as Rajsombath if you want your other name just edit your post. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

August 15, 2012, 04:50:54 AM #49 Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 05:12:23 AM by Phobos
Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on August 15, 2012, 02:48:07 AM
It seems the people for and against mod skins are pretty much even but it's easy enough to turn off. I will say this for the final time; I have every respect for the mods that are made for this game but if the lighting is changed on a map it does, even in a small way, change the gameplay. If both players/teams are happy I don't mind if it's used though.
So now you're letting everyone else except me use mod map skins? Really goes to show how you were just looking for a reason to exclude FC members. Nobody can claim they respect my cloud city skin mods when they exclude people from participating for using them. Thank god you will never be getting mmsc this just thread goes to show how far people can take contributions for granted.

I'm going to start another leaderboards tournament with map skin mods allowed the thread will be up later today or tomorrow.

Oven made a good point. Since everyone else is just going to be using cloud city skin changer to put it on stock mode when you guys ask for a screenshot, you truly have no way of preventing people from using twilight skins. You are just excluding the few people who are brave enough to stand up for the mods..

well if you want to use the CCSC u have to ask your opponent if u can u can NOT use the other maps other than the stocklike Bespin. 
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: Phobos on August 15, 2012, 04:50:54 AM
So now you're letting everyone else except me use mod map skins? Really goes to show how you were just looking for a reason to exclude FC members. Nobody can claim they respect my cloud city skin mods when they exclude people from participating for using them. Thank god you will never be getting mmsc this just thread goes to show how far people can take contributions for granted.
I said anyone can use the twilight mod skin if both teams agree (I've talked to Sev about this and he agrees). I'm not sure how that excludes FC members members, or what they have to do with this sorry if I wasn't clear. Out of interest is it just the twilight skin you want to use or other mods?
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on August 15, 2012, 05:10:00 AM
I said anyone can use the twilight mod skin if both teams agree (I've talked to Sev about this and he agrees). I'm not sure how that excludes FC members members, or what they have to do with this sorry if I wasn't clear. Out of interest is it just the twilight skin you want to use or other mods?
I only care about/would only use twilight skins, and I clearly stated if I am allowed to use the skin keep my name on the list, if not then remove it. So you removed my name, but now you are saying twilight skins are ok as long as both teams agree? Sounds fishy.

So now you're letting everyone else except me use mod map skins?

That's not at all what he said. 

Really goes to show how you were just looking for a reason to exclude FC members. Nobody can claim they respect my cloud city skin mods when they exclude people from participating for using them. Thank god you will never be getting mmsc this just thread goes to show how far people can take contributions for granted.

He's not looking to exclude anyone.  He just wants people to follow a consistent set of rules.  You are welcome to participate or not participate--same as WUSI was for the radar mod being allowed in the ICW--and they elected to not participate.

I'm going to start another leaderboards tournament with map skin mods allowed the thread will be up later today or tomorrow.

Excellent.

Oven made a good point. Since everyone else is just going to be using cloud city skin changer to put it on stock mode when you guys ask for a screenshot, you truly have no way of preventing people from using twilight skins. You are just excluding the few people who are brave enough to stand up for the mods and that is LOW.

If people are asked to use the stock map, then they should respect the rule and intent of the tournament.  Just because it's possible to not follow the rules and get away with it, it does not mean it's the right thing to do. This has nothing to do with being brave or LOW.  If anything, maybe it's just standing up for the stock map.

I wish your leaderboard thread to be successful.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Well we already know at least some of the others will be abusing the rule then by using CCSC in conditions where the other team has asked them not to use any map skin mods. Unless you have a surefire way to prevent anyone from using it, if you do I'd like to hear it.

August 15, 2012, 05:19:26 AM #55 Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 05:21:52 AM by {PLA}gdh92
I said twilight skins were ok if both teams agreed when you first asked about the rule over X-fire. I removed your name because I thought thats what you wanted. I'll gladly put it back if you're happy with the current rules. I just want to have as many people involved as possible and have a good time. :)

Edit: Sorry posted at the same time as others. I'm not feeling well at the moment and I'm half asleep. Whatever happens this is just game and I wish you the best of luck and will gladly join your tournament.

Quote from: Phobos on August 15, 2012, 05:18:50 AM
Well we already know at least some of the others will be abusing the rule then by using CCSC in conditions where the other team has asked them not to use any map skin mods. Unless you have a surefire way to prevent anyone from using it, if you do I'd like to hear it.
Four words tournament map.

Quote from: SleepKiller on August 15, 2012, 05:20:24 AM
After the past few days I think you're right. If you're happy for me to use your Cloud city map I will have it for the top 10 after the first 2 weeks assuming that no one has any issues with that.

Quote from: SleepKiller on August 15, 2012, 05:20:24 AM

Yes, we know--but GDH is firm about his wanting to use a map without people having to download.  He is aware of the advantages and disadvantages.  Since it is his tournament idea, we should let him run it as he sees fit.

We will have to just trust that players don't violate the rules or the spirit of the rules.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on August 15, 2012, 05:24:36 AM
After the past few days I think you're right. If you're happy for me to use your Cloud city map I will have it for the top 10 after the first 2 weeks assuming that no one has any issues with that.
As I stated in the readme anyone is free to use it as they will. That wasn't what I was thinking exactly when I said "tournament map" since FC would most likely drop out if it was used. Truth be told I don't know what I was thinkinh half the time I don't. "I'm a dog chasing cars. I don't think I just do."