Lua and ODF editing!!! HELP NEEDED ASAP!

Started by Helios, October 05, 2012, 08:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 05, 2012, 08:00:22 PM Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 06:46:52 AM by 501st Commander Sharpshot
Hi everyone I need help, how would I edit odfs or luas. Please help me out.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

October 05, 2012, 08:02:31 PM #2 Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 07:25:12 AM by Buckler
Thanx a bunch Sleepkiller  :cheers:

what program do i use to edit them, because accidently i changed them to notepad files!!! :slap: and i still dont know how to find the certain .odf i know where it would be but i dont know how to get to it!

edit by buckler:  please use the modify post button instead of double posting

Any text editing application will do. Notepad works just fine.

But the thing is it comes up as a code, I meant to say notepad++

What do you mean comes up as code? This what it looks like for me when I edit ODFs in Notepad++.

Oh man! i think i changed the lvl_pc to notepad files! how do i change them back

Quote from: 501st Commander Sharpshot on October 06, 2012, 05:23:47 AM
Oh man! i think i changed the lvl_pc to notepad files! how do i change them back

Couldn't you just manually change it back to .lvl_pc by renaming it? I don't know, I've never tried.

Otherwise get a another lvl_pc file that you haven't changed and copy the contents of your editted notepad file into it maybe?

Its not edited.

Quote from: 501st Commander Sharpshot on October 06, 2012, 05:23:47 AM

There is no need to change them back.  Just don't double click on them.  If you must change them back, right click on the file, choose "open with" then "choose program" and then uncheck "always open with" or else choose something else.

If you did not understand that then just know this:  Just don't double click on those files.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Ok Sereja explained it to me Ty Sereja, would Someone give me a directory for the rep_inf_trooper.odf

Quote from: 501st Commander Sharpshot on October 06, 2012, 08:25:29 AM
Ok Sereja explained it to me Ty Sereja, would Someone give me a directory for the rep_inf_trooper.odf

Do you mean that you want all the Clone Side files?  If so, get the mod tools or get one of the side builders.

What tools exactly?
All i have is Battlebelks toolbox and Phobos Common.lvl Builder.

click on the link that Sleepkiller gave you in the second post and follow those directions precisely.

alright thank you modding Odfs will be easier now that i understand.