[SOLVED] Changing map name

Started by Snake, April 10, 2010, 04:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 10, 2010, 04:57:31 PM Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 10:24:11 AM by Snake
Hey guys, can anyone explain how to rename the map? not the mod id but the in-game name. I am basing my map off the ELITE clan map I made and the name of the map is ELITE Clan Map so I want to change it lol.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

If im not misaken..

in the localize tool add a root level scope called mapname,
add a scope to that called name,
then add a key to that that uses the same name as your map's short name.
From there just select the key and write what you want in the box to the right.

Actually, the localize tool does not handle the name of the map. If you want to change it, you have to edit addme.script.

Assuming that you do not have the sources for the map:
Open up addme.script in the main directory of the map- that is, Addon/Map1/addme.script. Search for the current name of the map displayed ingame within the file. Once you find it, delete whatever's currently there, and type in what you want it to be in the map list. Simple.

If you're doing this from within BFBuilder, then from your project's folder, open up the addme folder, then addme.lua. Where it says local newEntry = { mapluafile = "MOD1", showstr = "MOD MAP 1", side_c = 1, side_a = 1, dnldable = 1, }
change to
local newEntry = { mapluafile = "MOD1", showstr = "NEW NAME HERE", side_c = 1, side_a = 1, dnldable = 1, }

Save, clean, munge. Done!

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

Thanks JK you're a real life saver  :D thx to you too milehighguy
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Snake on April 10, 2010, 05:43:29 PM
Thanks JK you're a real life saver  :D thx to you too milehighguy
local newEntry = { mapluafile = "MOD1", showstr = "NEW NAME HERE", side_c = 1, side_a = 1, dnldable = 1, }
Note: Also to specify eras side_c is clone and side_a is rebels so if you only want gcw it would look like this:
local newEntry = { mapluafile = "MOD1", showstr = "NEW NAME HERE", side_a = 1, dnldable = 1, }

hmm. Cool thanks I could use that.  ;)
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I just hex edit the thing, in my past. Cool that there is a way to do it that way.