Ghostz Halo 3 Model Set

Started by RepComm, October 27, 2013, 09:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 27, 2013, 09:46:56 PM Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 10:17:57 AM by -RepublicCommando-
I found this interesting: http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1032135
--
It sounds like fun to convert them to MSHs and TGAs.. And they're in FBX!

Wait, this guy has MORE than just the Spartans?! Someone get a Halo expert over here, we need a Halo mod! :o

October 28, 2013, 10:23:04 AM #2 Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 10:36:50 AM by -RepublicCommando-
QuoteSpartan First Person Hands.
This is what also surprised me, and FP hands aren't hard to animate (Of course, they're only weighted to 2 bones, but still.)

I haven't got them into XSI yet to see how many polys the characters have, but I'm sure Halo 3 handles much higher graphics than SWBF does, so I imagine some polygon reduction must be done (less details, sadly).

But I am extremely interested at picking at them and one day seeing a full blown Halo mod.

edit- I just tried dling, and the link is front gamefront.. and its gone.
I'm hunting for mirrors now.
edit2- Seems there are no more links to it..

Not entirely the same, but I found someone else who uploaded a lot of Halo 3 stuff. I would check it out, but my schools filters are currently on. :P He says something about 3DS Max or something, not sure if they will work, but figured I'd give it a shot. :P

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=39035

October 28, 2013, 11:13:34 AM #4 Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 09:16:33 AM by {TCE}Call-of-Duty
FINALLY SOMETHING FOR A HALO MOD and i am a certified Halocologest

EDIT: a trick i use for 3DS NOTE: this doesn't work for MAX i haven't figured that one out yet

1. open in Sketchup
2. export as DAE/FBX/OBJ
3. import into XSI
4. I think you know what to do next
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on October 28, 2013, 10:50:35 AM
Not entirely the same, but I found someone else who uploaded a lot of Halo 3 stuff. I would check it out, but my schools filters are currently on. :P He says something about 3DS Max or something, not sure if they will work, but figured I'd give it a shot. :P

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=39035

That 2nd file in the OP's post is all .max files.

Ya'll are going to be heartbroken, but you can only open .max with 3dstudio max. And even then it's somewhat version specific.

window of hope..... 30-day trial, plenty of time to export them into something

Link: http://www.autodesk.com/products/autodesk-3ds-max/free-trial

People and their stupid custom programs.. Why oh why must we have 5 billion tools that do the same thing but can't talk to each other!?

This is why people shoot up poor innocent school children.. And why kittens die.

uhhhhhhhh okay..... but its all better now the trial is a month long PLENTY of time to export them as something like 3DS and then you can consult my to-do list of 3DS to MSH a few posts above

October 28, 2013, 02:33:37 PM #10 Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 03:19:37 PM by {TCE}Call-of-Duty
No need, already covered in the Halo consulting

EDIT: what are we gonna do with all these models, Halo 3 Mod

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on October 28, 2013, 02:33:37 PM
No need, already covered in the Halo consulting

EDIT: what are we gonna do with all these models, Halo 3 Mod
Of course. I'd do it if I could mod.

Okay first we should decide BF1 or BF2, I say BF2 cause then we could incorporate all the Halo 3 gametypes (Deathmatch, GrifBall, Oddball) then we need to find a project manager depending on what game we mod for

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on October 28, 2013, 03:52:58 PM
Okay first we should decide BF1 or BF2, I say BF2 cause then we could incorporate all the Halo 3 gametypes (Deathmatch, GrifBall, Oddball) then we need to find a project manager depending on what game we mod for

Perhaps SWBF1 first, then SWBF2? for SWBF1, I think it would be our basic Instant Action stuff, unless some of our map makers want to give a try and make some Halo-style maps for the mod. :)

Here is a crazy idea; Release models, and let people make both!
Also, the characters are going to have to weighted to use animation, incase you didn't realize that already.