Freeware MAX Viewers/Editors

Started by {TCE}Call-of-Duty, October 21, 2013, 06:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey I was wondering if there is any freeware modeling software that could open/import MAX files mainly because alot of the Halo models are MAX (since it had outdated 3DS and that was the primary model format for Halo). It would also need a wide range of exporters but doesn't have to include MSH, just anything that can be imported into either Sketchup or XSI
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on October 21, 2013, 06:44:21 PM
Hey I was wondering if there is any freeware modeling software that could open/import MAX files mainly because alot of the Halo models are MAX (since it had outdated 3DS and that was the primary model format for Halo). It would also need a wide range of exporters but doesn't have to include MSH, just anything that can be imported into either Sketchup or XSI
I do not know of such a program (other than the freeware or trials that convert like.. a billion different files types; 3D Model Converter for instance, and even then, you have to register to get exactly what you want.)
But you aren't going to find one that can export a MSH file. Practically no one outside of SWBF knows about the MSH format (besides that, its too far bugged, and there are tons of other formats with way more functions)
--
I think you're best bet is going to be Blender and all of its plugins (theres quite a few of them..)
I find it kind of sad that there as so many dang formats. Its almost as stupid as all the different screw drivers we have now.