[solved]MSH collision questions

Started by RepComm, September 10, 2013, 08:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 10, 2013, 08:53:44 PM Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 09:13:34 AM by -RepublicCommando-
Ok so, I've been reading up on the art documentation in BF mod tools about collisions,
Quote#3. Do make the collision mesh a child of the root node or its corresponding node, and make sure its global center is at 0,0,0.
QuoteLastly, DO NOT move the center of primitive collision either or else the proper information will be lost as well.

So if I cannot move pieces, how on earth am I suppose to get the collisions exactly where I need them?..
I know I'm missing something here, but I don't know what.

Unfortunately, I didn't read any documentation, and usualy just try how it works first, by clicking any buttons :P.
Quote#3. Do make the collision mesh a child of the root node or its corresponding node, and make sure its global center is at 0,0,0.
Perhaps, this mean, you should not put collision mesh (not collision primitive) under any other null, except DummyRoot (most high of the hierarchy null). Also, you have to freeze all transforms, to make coordinates of it: 0,0,0.
QuoteLastly, DO NOT move the center of primitive collision either or else the proper information will be lost as well.
Center can be moved by freezing all transforms function, so just never freeze your collision primitives.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

September 11, 2013, 09:12:26 AM #2 Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 09:21:17 AM by -RepublicCommando-
I wondered what the freeze transform button was used for..
Thank you very much, my model now works ingame!