Scaling up the AT-AT skeleton

Started by Giftheck, December 20, 2016, 03:37:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I need to scale up the AT-AT skeleton to approximately 40% larger than it currently is, to accomodate my new AT-ACT mesh. How do I go about doing that? Do I need to manually edit the skeleton, or can I 'cheat' via the ODF or options files?
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

December 20, 2016, 06:01:46 PM #1 Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 06:07:13 PM by Sereja
It seems like you need a standart animation scaling tutorial:

1) Firstly, you need to have SWBF2 installed.
2) Also you need all of the unmunged animation meshes (not just model .msh).
3) Create at least one your own SWBF2 map. You need to call the project somehow so for example let it be ZZZ.
4) Copy from the next directory some of the stock animation folder:
C:\BF2_ModTools\assets\Animations\Prop
and put it to your custom map the in next directory:
C:\BF2_ModTools\data_ZZZ\Animations\Prop
5) Rename it like imp_walk_atact or so, and put there all of the unmunged animation mshes. (all previous stock mshes need to be removed from there ofcourse).
6) In this folder, open bat file, named munge, and edit it by clicking right mouse button on it. Change stock lines in it to this:
@call ..\munge_animation.bat "/keepframe0 /scale 1.8 /dest imp_walk_atact.zaf" Worlds\ZZZ
You may change the scale line as you whish.
WARNING! This line may not works for modern Windows types, so you need to have XP instaled or search for other tutorials adopted for them.
7) Clik twice to bat file, and go to your custom map MUNGED foler and grab your scaled animation.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

I have no problems munging on Windows 10 64bit, so I won't need to dig out my old laptop to do it. Thanks, Sereja :)
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

So is this worked for you Gistech?I just want to know.Another amazing tutorial jumping right into my collection of Sereja tutorials :D

Yup. Had to apply the 64bit munge fix manually to the munge.bat file but it worked. I have yet to test the scaled-up skeleton in the game though (I'm going to place the AT-ACT on my SWBF2 Kashyyyk map conversion to test)
In Progress:

On Hold:

So, scaling up the skeleton and animations works, but how do I then scale up the meshes on my AT-ACT to match? It looks like I have to do that through Mod Tool, but while I have tried to do that automatically by selecting the mesh and scaling it to 1.4, the mesh shows up in game scaled as it was before but forced to the scaled-up animations.
In Progress:

On Hold:

December 25, 2016, 10:13:20 AM #6 Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 10:15:19 AM by DylanRocket
Quote from: Gistech on December 25, 2016, 10:02:46 AM
So, scaling up the skeleton and animations works, but how do I then scale up the meshes on my AT-ACT to match? It looks like I have to do that through Mod Tool, but while I have tried to do that automatically by selecting the mesh and scaling it to 1.4, the mesh shows up in game scaled as it was before but forced to the scaled-up animations.

I think you might have to scale the mesh through the .option file. Add "-scale 1.4" to the .option.

Quote from: DylanRocket on December 25, 2016, 10:13:20 AM
I think you might have to scale the mesh through the .option file. Add "-scale 1.4" to the .option.

Thanks, that worked :D

Now just got to create the chunks for it.
In Progress:

On Hold: