new here, wassup

Started by JasonBall34, July 04, 2018, 06:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
it said to do this I think.

Does anyone still play these games? I found someone playing earlier online but it seems pretty barren around here

Hi, and welcome  :cheers:

Yes, it is pretty quiet on the MP servers these days, but there are 4-16 player games still.  We often play 7-10 PM weekdays US Eastern Time.  Not sure about today due to the holiday though.  We will often see the EU players on Saturday afternoons (US eastern time).

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

:wave:

Do you guys ever do set date/timed events so I don't have to check a vague window every day and hope to see someone? I am looking around here and not finding much.

Also, this is just a good site in general from what I have seen. Kudos to you and whoever else keeps it afloat.

It's been a while since we had an organized event--but we are always looking for volunteers to help set something up.  If you want to propose a time and date, we (or at least me) will support you in any way possible (server settings, maps, etc.)

Are you a SWBF1 or SWBF2 player?  And I also assume you have our SWBFspy patch installed.

Ah, yes, I installed it just today for both games. I play and love them both equally.

Today I saw that bf2 was on sale for 4 dollars on steam with the online play and I almost bought it but then I looked longingly at the 5-cd set I have had since 2005 and went "ya know I should not have to rebuy this game to play online, surely someone has set up a way to play the old disc version online" and whaddya know, I find this place. I tested both patches earlier, I even found and played a match with another person in bf1.

So If I just say some random date and time, there is a way to summon people in the community to play? I know precisely zero things about how servers work or communities or online infrastructure, I am just good at the game, haha.

Cool.

Yes, we will announce it here, on facebook, and in our discord channel.  If you make it those times I mentioned earlier, we will have a better chance to get as many players as we can.

Now about SWBF2, I will be honest with you that the new server system that GoG (Good old Games) have set up that are available through GoG and Steam will have more players on it.

For SWBF1 though, this is the only place to play  :cheers:

I suspect that new official online service for bf2 will shut down sooner than later, honestly, and then a flood of people with withdrawal will come here. That is the hope, anyways.

Yeah, well, just to see how it goes, lets do a bf1 event? How much notice do you think people need? Any? Coincidentally, I'm on vacation very soon, so it is either tomorrow or in 2 weeks, heh