Cutom Maps limit removal SWBF1

Started by RainboWarrioR, January 13, 2016, 11:13:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey guys. I have a question for SWBF1. i have looked on this site and google and haven't found anything. is there any way to remove the limit on how many custom maps you can have loaded/installed? i remember SWBF2 having a custom patch made for it that removed the limit  (need to find that patch as well) but i remember not being able to find any such utility for SWBF1 in the past and haven't been able to find one now. is there such a thing?

You can install the 1.3 update if you have the original cd version (it doesn't work with the dvd)but it doesn't work online after. There's no other way to do it that I know of but some mods that include a lot of maps get around the limit by having the maps out of the addon folder.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

yeah alot of stuff doesnt work with the dvd version like the map builder tools and everything >.> . oh well thanks for the help. maybe ill try to get a cd version. is that an official patch btw?

Yes it's an official patch but it was in beta, it makes a few other improvements to the game but nothing major.  It should be in the downloads here.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Another workaround is editing Mission.lvl to include the mod missions.

Quote from: RainboWarrioR on January 13, 2016, 11:33:26 AM
yeah alot of stuff doesnt work with the dvd version like the map builder tools and everything >.> . oh well thanks for the help. maybe ill try to get a cd version. is that an official patch btw?

There is a tool called BOPC fix that will allow the mod tools to work with the DVD version of the game.  It is included in the updated mod tools kit that I have posted in our downloads section.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

how do i do that Commander Awesome?

and thanks LED  :cheers: now i can move up from doom map building to 3d mapping (hopefully its easier than ut99 was)

Quote from: RainboWarrioR on January 13, 2016, 11:13:45 AM
Hey guys. I have a question for SWBF1. i have looked on this site and google and haven't found anything. is there any way to remove the limit on how many custom maps you can have loaded/installed? i remember SWBF2 having a custom patch made for it that removed the limit  (need to find that patch as well) but i remember not being able to find any such utility for SWBF1 in the past and haven't been able to find one now. is there such a thing?
There is no way to increase the limit for mod maps that can be stored in the addon folder unless you install 1.3, but there is a workaround for 1.2 and 1.0 that lets you add unlimited (or at least several hundred) mod maps to the game as if they were stock. Say you converted Coruscant Streets to a stock map and hosted a server for this, other players would need this mod and not the corus1 addon folder to play there. Since mod maps use the dc:\ command to call on addon, once it is converted to stock it doesn't have this command, and the game considers them different maps.

The process of converting mod to stock map involves adding custom LUA scripts in the mission.lvl you can place the map and other mod files within a custom subdirectory of _LVL_PC. The other files you need to edit is missionlist.LUA in the shell.lvl which determines whether the map works for instant action or campaign mode. Both work online but campaign maps are known to crash online sometimes so its best added to the instant action section of the code.

Also the server itself can only host so many maps/missions at once I think around the same limit as addon folder.

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on January 13, 2016, 11:28:01 AM
You can install the 1.3 update if you have the original cd version (it doesn't work with the dvd)but it doesn't work online after. There's no other way to do it that I know of but some mods that include a lot of maps get around the limit by having the maps out of the addon folder.
I uploaded a gamemaster patch for 1.3 executable here but currently nobody is hosting any servers on it. It works online though we just don't have noCD yet for it, and I'm not sure if the nick changer works for 1.3