Models Showcase (WIP and completed)

Started by Giftheck, May 05, 2015, 02:47:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Seeing as we have a thread for textures, I figured why not have a thread for models?

And seeing as I'm making this thread, why not kickstart this with a WIP I've been doing for the past week:

This is based off the TFU Royal Guard and the model itself has turned out quite well. I'm currently going through the process of testing it and finalising the weights (ATM, I think it's just the skirt I need to weight). I did lower the ploy count of the head, though, to match other SWBF models a bit better (so this can be used in SWBF) and the skirt is a retexture of the ARC skirt (which I also re-uv mapped as the UV on the original ARC skirt was atrocious).
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Here's something I threw together this morning. It's based off the Stormtroopers seen at the start of the XBox360/PS3/PC versions of The Force Unleashed:

To create this modification, I took the cheeks and back head parts from the Phase II Clone model and recreated the faces on the Stormtrooper helmet around those parts. I had to re-uv map those parts to fit (the texture parts come from the Phase I Clone texture as it's cleaner than the Phase II). As far as I can tell, the helmet is the only difference and as such I've only modified the helmet and plan on attaching it to the stock Stormtrooper's body.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Hey, it's been a while. Nobody's using this thread to show off models?

Well, here's what I've been working on:

In Progress:

On Hold:

err, female storm trooper?   ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Led on December 13, 2015, 05:45:12 PM

Part of me is surprised that hasn't been made yet, in either the SWBF1 or SWBFII modding communities. :P

I hadn't seen this thread before. I always just ended up seeing this one... http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=6561.0

Either way if I'd be able to suggest anything would be maybe some shape beveled into those belt pouches. For the material that is. One thing I've found handy (since I could never get bumpmaps to function) is faked lighting. One thing that hardly ever fails is shadowing underneath stuff. Why I say that is that your world lighting is almost always top down, so it really never breaks realism.

For full pre-built lighting though put your ordinary texture on a mesh and make sure it's all unique UVs. Then (if using XSI) light the object's scene to your liking and bake it onto the texture. What you end up doing is bypassing SWBF's awful, if not too simple lighting mechanics and manually building it. I know you can't do that with great results on a soldier/moving unit but the fake shadowing mechanics (if used sparingly) still does a wonder of good. Look at the materials in Jedi Knight Outcast for reference as they used no bumpmaps from my knowledge.
photobucket limit image removed

Quote from: Led on December 13, 2015, 05:45:12 PM

Nope, just a more accurate stormtrooper.
In Progress:

On Hold:

February 06, 2016, 07:13:08 AM #7 Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 07:46:01 AM by Gistech
I decided to redo the stormtrooper almost completely. The model now has four textures (it also uses the FPS hands and has a separate helmet texture), some parts have been rendered with higher polys and the UVs have been completey redone. There is a body glove mesh now which is based on the TIE pilot body (modified to work with the mesh parts). And yes, the idea to do this complete refit of the Stormtrooper came from my porting the SWBFEA stormtroopers.

The idea is that with this body as a base I can do whatever I want without having to re-export the entire model and re-envelope it. Also, this model will allow for dual mapping of textures.
In Progress:

On Hold:

I like this change, so we can make much more diverse skin textures. All models are getting this treatment?
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

At the moment I'm just doing it to the Stormtrooper. It's not an easy process. But I may do it to the Clone Trooper as well.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Well, there's been a bit of inspiration what with the hacking of SWBFIII being a success. So I'm going to show off two models today. First is my new Sandtrooper (I finished giving my Stormtrooper the complete remap treatment):

Second is my Imperial Remnant Stormtrooper. These guys featured in SWBFIII. I'm happy with my new Stormtrooper so I only borrowed some of the parts from the SWBFIII model:

In Progress:

On Hold:

Am I reallky the only one using this topic? Anyways, I thought you'd be glad to know I ported the SWBF3 AT-AT. It works in SWBF just fine (this is where I had to test it out):

The model has been modified in a few ways: first, the original model had a door on one of its sides and a compartment. I removed that and paced a single face there. I also shortened the upper legs and moved the head cannons a little bit. And of course, I've altered the pose to match the stock AT-AT. It's a fricking beauty, I can tell you. It currently sits at 14,017 tris. It's a beast, but it seems to work just fine in the first game (perhaps vehicle model memory is separated from unit model memory). Of course, I won't actually be using it in SWBF1 but in SWBF2.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: Gistech on March 02, 2016, 09:29:04 AM
Am I reallky the only one using this topic? Anyways, I thought you'd be glad to know I ported the SWBF3 AT-AT. It works in SWBF just fine (this is where I had to test it out):

The model has been modified in a few ways: first, the original model had a door on one of its sides and a compartment. I removed that and paced a single face there. I also shortened the upper legs and moved the head cannons a little bit. And of course, I've altered the pose to match the stock AT-AT. It's a fricking beauty, I can tell you. It currently sits at 14,017 tris. It's a beast, but it seems to work just fine in the first game (perhaps vehicle model memory is separated from unit model memory). Of course, I won't actually be using it in SWBF1 but in SWBF2.

This model look more accurate than the stocks one...I just love it!  ;) Will you think of an upcoming release?  :P
"When will you fools learn? No one escapes Commander Fox"
—Fox, after apprehending another criminal

https://media.giphy.com/media/2GjgvS5vA6y08/giphy.gif

At some stage, yes. There's a few things to sort out on it first, like the animations being too fast. I'm not sure how to slow them down. Plus, ODF files for the weapons need to be finished.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Great work! I think I speak for everybody, but your hard work is highly appreciated.