Help!!! Cheap PC's

Started by Kit Fisto, May 27, 2012, 07:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm thinking about asking for a super cheap PC laptop for my Birthday just for playing SWBF1 and maybe 2. Not modding or anything like that. Just a computer that has no lag when playing SWBF. It doesn't need internet connection. Any suggestions? Could I get links? It has to be from a legit store or my dad won't even think about buying it.

A PC that can play SWBF at mid or even high settings won't cost you an arm and a leg these days. Idk much about american stores, so I will leave others to recommend to you.

I would say you would want one with roughly.

128MB Graphics card will do for playing SWBF with no Lag,
Single Core CPU will work 2 GHZ+,
1 GB of RAM will do just fine, (The more the better!)
A Wireless card can't hurt.

The computer I used to mod/play SWBF on had,

64MB Intel Graphics Chip,
1 GB DDR2 Ram,
2.4 GHZ Intel CPU.

It ran SWBF at low settings no problem even with 200 AI it didn't really lag.

I wouldn't need a wireless card. I, like you put above, just want to play with no Lag on any level (even Endor :o). So thanks for the statistics on what to have SleepKiller! Now get back to the SWBF conversion pack!  :P  So anyone have an approximate price with these requirements?

128MB Graphics card will do for playing SWBF with no Lag,
Single Core CPU will work 2 GHZ+,
1 GB of RAM will do just fine, (The more the better!)

Or

64MB Intel Graphics Chip,
1 GB DDR2 Ram,
2.4 GHZ Intel CPU.

This is what I play SWBF on:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Dimension-E-510-Desktop-PC-Dell-17-Monitor-Logitech-Speakers-Keyboard-/251067180093?pt=Desktop_PCs&hash=item3a74c5243d

I upgraded my memory, video card, and power supply...which could be done for a $200 or so more.

But anyway, you might want to get a newish dell laptop or something  ;)

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

It has to be from a real store like target, wal-mart etc. or else my dad won't buy it and I want a laptop.

Ah yes. I was in a similar situation a while ago, here's the one I went for.

Acer Aspire 5733
15.6 inch Laptop (Intel Core i3-370M Processor, RAM 6GB, HDD 640GB, DVD-Super Multi DL Drive, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit)

Everything I've thrown at it runs smoothly.

I got mine second hand for £100 / $ 157.11

May 28, 2012, 02:06:16 AM #6 Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 02:23:45 AM by [TWA] RàZòR
I use:

Graphic -Card: Nvidea Geforce 9600 GS

Ram: 4GB

CPU : Quadcore (4x) 2,33Ghz
(~200€)
Battlefront highest settings with HQ mod, no lags.
  :tu:

Are there any laptop PCs under 50 to 75 dollars from a legit store?

I doubt it. Unless it's some horrible low-end thing without a CD drive (Net book).

Well, I guess I won't be asking for a PC.  :'(