Battlefront 3 ATRT

Started by ChadBad, April 09, 2016, 05:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Battlefront 3 ATRT

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1373

The Battlefront 3 ATRT, fully rigged to the Battlefront 2 ATRT skeleton.

Thanks Chad.If you can do this to other Battlefront 3 vehicles that will save me so so much time.

Chad, you obviously know what you are doing.  Can you tell us a little about yourself? (e.g. active on other forums, etc.)  We have a private board for advanced modders and auto-approval for uploads for the advanced modders group. 

You can PM me if you do not want to state anything publicly.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I realize these responses are coming rather late, I do apologize.
Quote from: Ginev on April 10, 2016, 03:52:47 AM
Thanks Chad.If you can do this to other Battlefront 3 vehicles that will save me so so much time.
You're quite welcome! I intend to convert as many as possible.

Quote from: Led on April 10, 2016, 05:15:01 AM
Chad, you obviously know what you are doing.  Can you tell us a little about yourself? (e.g. active on other forums, etc.)  We have a private board for advanced modders and auto-approval for uploads for the advanced modders group. 

You can PM me if you do not want to state anything publicly.
Well, thank you, but I'm actually still quite the amateur.  :)

I've never been active on any forum before. I've known about the Battlefront 2 modding community since the game first came out, and have watched from afar, but this is the first time I've released anything, anywhere.

I've messed around with the mod tools on and off over the past decade, trying to make a mod map or two and playing around with odfs, but nothing really came of it.

When the first of the Battlefront 3 models were released last year, I became interested in seeing them in action in BF 2, so I downloaded the required software and attempted to convert them. Unfortunately, for the longest time I had no real success in converting anything, mainly because I was focusing on the character models, which is probably not the best place for an absolute beginner to start.  :P
(There is at least one that I may be able to fix and release at some point, but I can make no promises.)

Once I started on the vehicles, however, I finally managed to find some success, and continue to do so, at least so far.

So, to sum it all up, amateur modder finally has first success after ten years.  :tu:

I see--well, your work has earned you a spot with the Advanced Modders.  The board is not different than it is here, so you are welcome to post here or there.

The advantage that you may get in the more private forum is that the signal-to-noise ratio is generally higher :P
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet