Avoiding windows 10? be careful

Started by Led, October 31, 2015, 06:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/10/windows-10-will-be-made-an-automatic-recommended-update-early-next-year/

MS will try to force windows 10 on us...

Be cautious...

If you don't want it, set your update schedule to
'check for updates and let me manually choose what to install'

The windows 10 nag function is KB3035583
you will have to uncheck it and then Hide it, and then Hide it again when it unhides itself...

Since Windows Media Center is not available in windows 10 and costs money to buy for Windows 8, I am all in for window 7  ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Oh heck naw.

Thanks for the warning. Changed my settings.

It's so good they're giving it away for free...  and forcefully.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

I don't see what the problem with Windows 10 is...
It works fine for me and I've stopped all the features which enables Microsoft to practically spy on you.
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on October 31, 2015, 01:56:19 PM
I don't see what the problem with Windows 10 is...
It works fine for me and I've stopped all the features which enables Microsoft to practically spy on you.

If you're talking about simply turning off features there are still dozens more under the hood. People have made scripts to remove it.

Quote from: Roxas on October 31, 2015, 02:53:05 PM
If you're talking about simply turning off features there are still dozens more under the hood. People have made scripts to remove it.
Lol, didn't know it was THAT bad! I sort of regret this now :(
I miss Windows 7 and 8.1
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on October 31, 2015, 03:20:11 PM
I miss Windows 7 and 8.1
There's so many hidden things.  Personally, I don't care too much if Microsoft is spying on my computer activity.  They own Windows and I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner.  In the long run, I just become a statistic that they analyze because there are so many PCs with it.  Windows 10 is a fine OS in and of itself, in my opinion.

Anyway, I hate the fact they are shoving Windows 10 at us.  It's going to cause a ton of problems when it becomes an automatic update, and I'm going to be sitting back with popcorn to see how hard Microsoft gets hit with negative publicity.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Quote from: Dark_Phantom on October 31, 2015, 07:34:50 PM
It's going to cause a ton of problems when it becomes an automatic update, and I'm going to be sitting back with popcorn to see how hard Microsoft gets hit with negative publicity.
But do you think they will care about the negative comments? I hope so because EA for example, ignore all negative feedback/publicity and only listen to the positive feedback.

EA does that because they know all the negative feedback is coming from the tiny group of people that are "real" fans. Everyone else just sees an awesome shooter, with huge terrain, based on a huge movie franchise that people used to talk about.
Microsoft does not have this advantage. People that get windows, get it to do business, not because its the next best/best advertised thing. That's Apples thing.

Personally all this talk about Windows 10 being evil reminds me of this old site I found buried deep in the Internet:

http://toastytech.com/evil/

It's about when Microsoft forced Internet Explorer down everyone's throat. This guy had the guts to make a full-on website about it, when nobody cared. :P

In regards to Windows 10 however, I agree with Phantom's sentiment. The fact Microsoft spying on us hasn't happened sooner is quite interesting, being the owner/creator of Windows and all. I myself updated, and have already had my friends saying to me "welcome to the botnet/borgnet". I can understand the effects of privacy and whatnot being ruined with Windows 10, but in any case, I just updated to it since I figured it best to have it while it's free. (I did not however account for the massive, 30GB download and simultaneous 20GB upload that would've incurred on my parents bandwidth from upgrading to Windows 10. Thankfully this is the last day, and our bandwidth limit gets renewed tomorrow, despite the fact we've gone over by 30%.)

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on October 31, 2015, 03:20:11 PM
I miss Windows 7 and 8.1
Formatting is always an option.

Quote from: Dark_Phantom on October 31, 2015, 07:34:50 PM
There's so many hidden things.  Personally, I don't care too much if Microsoft is spying on my computer activity.  They own Windows and I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner.  In the long run, I just become a statistic that they analyze because there are so many PCs with it.  Windows 10 is a fine OS in and of itself, in my opinion.

I saw a recording that sent what you were watching to Microsoft servers. Then again, as long as you don't use the stock player or anything you don't have to worry about that.

Thanks Led

good to know since 10 is constanly trying.