original SWBF seems to have a master server issue

Started by Led, October 08, 2015, 05:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
original SWBF seems to have a master server issue

can anyone else check ?

I think it is the North American Master server...
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I switched to the other one during last issue.. too tirred now. I will tomorrow if no one confirms

All servers have been down for 3 days now, from Oz end :o

This is all I found
http://forum.gameshare.co/showthread.php?tid=498

SWBF1 doesnt work, but swbf2 does...
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Ahhg!  I had offered to help more! 

I'm confused; he's turned off the server and giving us the source code in the hopes that we will help but not create our own game master community?  Maybe I read it wrong.  I'll email him and see what we can do.

Well, if we can get the source and it really works, I will host on our linux account...

Please tell Kalle I will pay him $250 if he will help us set up a master server and give us access to the source.

Edit:

We really need to control our own destiny.  I am willing to host a master server on our linux account, or another one like it.  I am only really interested in SWBF and SWBF2.

Let's move forward as a united group to ask Kalle--Drunkin Master will talk with him.

Kalle has an account here, but I am not sure which one it is.

Here is Kalle's post from Anyder's link

[spoiler]
Hey guys,

after a long journey to re-engineer most parts of GameMaster we're having trouble to invest the time like before. LeKeks and me are very busy (I just got a new apartment and have much to do) and also I'm annoyed of the response of the community. I know you all really like our work and  I really appreciate that! But there are always much noises if something does not work. They also threatening me, probably us, that tey'll change to GameRanger or VPNs like Tunngle if things are not working. I don't want that poop any more. Just keep cool and note: you didn't pay for that but you want me to keep it up and running. Think about that!

For now, I haven't the time to develop GameMaster alone. Hopefully someone out there knows PHP or VisualBasic and will help us to make GameMaster even better over the next years. Hopefully there isn't somebody that grabs all sources and tries to create a new "GameMaster". That's not what I want to.

I'm also surprised about the Battlefront Community. Some people (~ 5) have spent some money (~40€) for my project so I could pay the bills for the servers. But that money is gone for months now and nothing else happened. In the meantime others said via mail "I will help you" but nothing happend either. I'm sorry but it feels that nobody cares about us and the project. As an result: the official GameMaster gameservers will shutdown over the next weeks. Then you'll definately need to host your own gameservers. I don't want to spent 50euros per month any more. The GameMaster Masterservers will kept online as long as possible. But It wouldn't cost you much to spent some money (probably 1 euro per month) for our project. But it would help to buy the needed servers and spent time on doing something for the community.

The source will be available on github soon after I commented them. Maybe over the next 2 weeks. I hope someone will have a look at them and help us to improve the GameMaster servers.

Thanks for that!
[/spoiler]

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

PHP....I'm not a master at it but I know a fair amount. I really doubt it but maybe I could help.

I got a couple of additional smaller donations to help the offer and will make the offer to Kalle.

October 09, 2015, 09:47:56 PM #9 Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 10:47:06 PM by Phobos
That's unfortunate to hear Gamemaster is having financial problems but I'm glad they will share the source. We knew that eventually we would have to host own master server as Led stated. I'd be willing to host an alternate master server on the NFO Chicago Root, which will be moving to New York by next month. We should make minimal changes to the code only as needed to get the servers running again. I'd suggest we host one in Chicago, New York, and Frankfurt. If I was running Gamemaster I would close all game servers, but not the master server. The problem with hosting all those gameservers is that players are not active continuously in this game, most only play for certain events or at times when other friends are online. It is also more expensive than running the master server. Gameranger, Tunngle, Evolve, and other workarounds are nowhere near as efficient as Gamemaster.

Makes sense to me Phobos.  We'll see what Kalle and LeKeks say.

I can adjust my master server to accept and process native protocol or make the server wrapper report server details (such as ip, port, player stats etc). It would, however require dedicated process to support native clients (server list works perfectly even through the website MS)

the list is empty, but on gametracker i see some Servers?

Quote from: defiant on October 10, 2015, 06:59:37 AM
the list is empty, but on gametracker i see some Servers?
Gametracker doesn't seem to be using the master server. All the servers are running, but are not available through master server, because it's down (direct connection still works).