Upload mods/maps to file front?

Started by Kit Fisto, November 10, 2012, 07:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey guys! As I understand it swbffiles crashes pc people's browsers so I was wondering if anyone wants me to upload their mods/maps to that site? Some maps/mods really deserve to be publicized more. And swbfi file front gets a lot of traffic! Plus we can direct them to this site!!
I will upload according in the order of requesting uploads. :tu:

If you feel compelled to upload any of the things I have hosted here, I don't mind.

I generally avoid filefront for 2 reasons.
1) they crash my browser.
2) they suddenly stopped communicating with me in the middle of trying to resolve the issue.

I figure that if they want me, they know where to contact me. I've already gone above and beyond.

You mean your assets? I was think more addon maps/mods but I can do it for you no problem!

Only if you feel compelled.
I was just giving you the go-ahead from my end.
I don't think the assets are something folks are going to get excited about though :P

I'm more concerned with helping SWBFGamers' archive grow.

Filefront deletes files.

It will be a waste of everyone's time.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: tirpider on November 10, 2012, 07:24:18 PM
1) they crash my browser.
Not sure about uploads, but if you want download something, from filefront, with Explorer, you just need set browser option security level to high, but enable to download files.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Filefront is actually where I got my 3 mod maps from for SWBF2. Didn't want to try the SWBF1 maps, as I had heard of many bug reports on them over at Filefront.

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on November 11, 2012, 05:04:37 AM
Filefront is actually where I got my 3 mod maps from for SWBF2. Didn't want to try the SWBF1 maps, as I had heard of many bug reports on them over at Filefront.

All mod maps are written by players of the game.  SWBF2 or SWBF mods can have bugs or not.  Don't be fooled by SWBF2 bias  ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Buckler on November 11, 2012, 05:28:05 AM
All mod maps are written by players of the game.  SWBF2 or SWBF mods can have bugs or not.  Don't be fooled by SWBF2 bias  ;)

The maps I picked had really good ratings anyways. :P

By the way, for the downloads, are all the mod maps in ".rar"? Because I don't have WinRar on my laptop, and I generally prefer ".zip" files. Just asking is all.  ;)

Some are in rar, I've noticed more in 7z or zip though.
Every now and then you will find a self extracting (exe) archive.

Not sure what winzip covers these days, but I know 7zip and WinRar cover all three.

Quote from: tirpider on November 11, 2012, 05:45:04 AM
Some are in rar, I've noticed more in 7z or zip though.
Every now and then you will find a self extracting (exe) archive.

Not sure what winzip covers these days, but I know 7zip and WinRar cover all three.

Alright, I will keep that in mind. Thanks again, tirpider!  :)

Never EVER upload to Filefront. Theres no telling how many ingenious maps/mods/assets have been lost because of filefront deleting them.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I've uploaded my stuff to filefront. But that isn't my sole place I keep them. I was saying upload stuff that is secure here already so that swbfgamers.com will be more known. I have 1 request so far and Tirpider, you have so many things that you have released. Should I wait until you are done with you OTC units and upload them all in a "pack"?

I'm thinking the OTC units would be best as side packs.
With each side containing the BF1 and BF2 sets of units.
It is a long way from finished though.
I haven't even approached the 1'st person msh's or weapons yet.
I'd hold off on the OTC packs, as I'll probably end up expanding it and incorperating a side builder for modularity's sake.

That and most the folks modding for SWBF1 are already here.

The folks digging through filefront (as you originaly suggested) are likely looking for mods and complete levels.

Getting permission to cross post some of the older levels might be tricky.

It's understandable, wanting to use filefront to generate traffic, but they really have a flakey service and are more focused on newer games.

How about moddb? Do they host on-site?

November 11, 2012, 10:42:33 PM #14 Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 11:04:24 PM by Kit Fisto
I say file front because of my whole story of swbf mods/maps. That was the ONLY place I went for my mods/maps for about 6 months. And if you look at a download page of a certain map/mod and they have had downloads in the last 2 weeks then tha means tha there is SWBF1 players out there looking for cool SWBF1 mod maps. Like I did at one point.

On a side note: I had never heard of modb before I came here. I did know about file front. :)

EDIT: would I be doing something wrong if I put for example scum/strike Mustafar on file front?