Raka's Quest 2.0 (W.I.P)

Started by Breakdown, August 19, 2009, 03:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Well currently, I am working on a second version of Raka's Quest, with more gameplay areas and fixes from the original.

However, since I am making this for you guys, I thought I could get your guys's opinions and suggestion! Since I didn'tr eally get that much input in the 1.0 topic. It'd be really nice if you could list all the bugs that NEED to be fixed

NEW CONTENT:

Cruiser level!
  - The Rebel Cruiser Raka thought to be safe has been taken over by the imperials!
  - New checkpoints and missions throughout the cruiser, originally the last part in 1.0
  - The cruiser is flooded with imperials, so you may have to find different options other than running around joyfully destroying everything...
  - Destroy main components of the ship and make an escape from theoverrun cruiser

Improved Imperials
  - I thought that the Imperial units that were shipped in 1.0 were sort of cheap, as in I put little work in them, so now I will work them over and make them more...Breakdown style  8)

Improved Multiplayer
  - I still need more suggestions on this, but I am planning to upgrade the multiplayer for better experience,
  - This is where you can come in! I know the MP wasn't really great with the whole jumping around thing, since grappling hook crashes in multiplayer, so I need some suggestions!

Raka/Olos Changes

- Raka's weapons will be changed for better effectiveness in the Star Destroyer level/ minor edits
  - Olos will be reskinned / minor edits

Locals  (POSSIBLE)
  - I may move the Tuskens to a local team, just to pester the player

More Health and Ammo, More Hidden!
  - I'll be adding more H/A bots, but they'll still be hidden! And the current ones will be changed location, so you can look for them again :P

Bug Fixes
  - The only one I can think of at the moment is the multiplayer heigh restrictions bug, which was patched
  - I'm counting on you guys to give me some bugs to fix, because the less buggy, the better

Those are all the changes I have in mind right now, I have a few others, but I have to work them out further before posting.

Don't ask for a release date, since school is coming soon, I won't have as much time to work on this, so it may take a few months. Screenshots are coming soon, I will try to keep your updated...but keep me updated with suggestions too please ;)

-Breakdown

:wub: BD

I'm pretty sure there was this bad glitch in the canyon where you fall to your doom, so I'll check it when I get the chance.

i think in this version he should have a slow health regen and the quest needs more direction maybe a line in the minimap

There's a very odd glitch inside the ship where you'll get stuck in some "invisible" door. I have to record that because it is hard to explain.

#TYBG

@AG That's gonna be fixed, I already removed those room to make way for the expansion

@MHG: What do you mean? You want me to make a minimap so people don't get lost? If so, I probably won't do that, because it makes you think harder where to go and what to do without the aid of a minimap

@ MZ: :wub:

I might suggest, if your not going to have a mini map, perhaps remove the CP's from the map so its really hard for the player to figure it out, i mean your not going to have a map of outpost for the Imperials for any real reason.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Quote from: Hardcore on August 19, 2009, 05:30:56 PM
I might suggest, if your not going to have a mini map, perhaps remove the CP's from the map so its really hard for the player to figure it out, i mean your not going to have a map of outpost for the Imperials for any real reason.

That's a great idea, yeah I never really noticed that until now

I couldn't find the glitch I talked about earlier. I guess my mind's playing tricks on me.  :wacko:

You might want to fix the spawn regions (whatever they're called). Sometimes I spawn as empire and I end up falling through the ground.

Also one more thing regarding Multiplayer, please add more than one ticket count. Heck even a two ticket count will do great (olos and raka).

#TYBG

The idea for their to be 1 ticket is because you can't die.

MP is never ment to be played with more then 2 players so its alot easier to live then when you have 9+ like we did during one of the only MP matches i ever saw for it.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

August 20, 2009, 09:05:11 AM #10 Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 06:29:31 AM by Braeden
Recent Updates:

- Gave the checkpoints and explosion, still tinkering.
- Removed checkpoint icons
- Brought some imperial path nodes above ground to prevent spawning underground
- Started work on cruiser inside

Update (August 23rd)

-Began work on stealth part of the mission