Creating sides?

Started by Cmd_Smith, February 19, 2015, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Sounds are controlled by the sound file that is loaded.  Sounds should be stock usually, and in the same era.  There is a tutorial somewhere that I wrote to get sounds from different era sounds in the same map but it's a hit or miss thing.  Unless you are creating new sounds, which is a whole different section, and doesn't even munge on 64 bit systems.

Changing "Wookiee Smuggler" is a core.lvl edit.  You will need to get the core.lvl tool from one of the toolboxes or a download on here to do it.  Some of the core.lvl builders just do addons, so you will need to sort through them.

Auto Repair, if I'm not mistaken, is tied to the "Pilot" classlabel.  I think it is "Classlabel = "pilot"", but I would check the pilot odf just in case.

And the fall damage is controlled by something called CollisionScale = 0.0 or something.  I don't have the tools open, but it is in the Jet Trooper and Dark Trooper files.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Quote from: Dark_Phantom on February 21, 2015, 09:47:02 AM
And the fall damage is controlled by something called CollisionScale = 0.0 or something.  I don't have the tools open, but it is in the Jet Trooper and Dark Trooper files.
Collision scale is a Vector(3), which means you can set the scale of all three local axises individually (I think Y is up in battlefront).
So CollisionScale = 0.0 is setting just x axis. You want to set it for all three axises like this.

CollisionScale = 0.0 0.0 0.0 //No collision damage response for x y z

here it is from the ODF, it is in quotes

CollisionScale      = "0.0 0.0 0.0"
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I cant find the sound files? And can somebody please point me to a decent core.lvl modifier?

Okay. Can someone point me to a list of class labels an their effects?

Colision scale changed. I sill need a way to edit the core.lvl

I'm still not sure what to do about the sounds.