Running two battlefronts at once?

Started by Antstafer, March 09, 2016, 07:21:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Is there any way (if even possible) to run TWO battlefront clients at once? Let's just say this was possible, and you could run two windowed versions at the same time, would you technically be able to play lan?
The reason I'm asking is because I have a friend coming over this week and we both love the PC version of battlefront, and I'm wondering if we could play lan if this method could work. Although I'm 95% sure it's not possible without some obscure program, but hey, you guys are the experts.

You would only be able to use one window at a time, so no, not on the same computer.

Tell your friend to bring his PC.  If you have a 2nd monitor (LCD TV included), he wouldn't have to bring very much, though it may be a hassle.

Just have one of you control wasd + the rest of the keyboard and the other control the mouse.

Quote from: {Alpha} Kiwi on March 09, 2016, 04:24:54 PM
Just have one of you control wasd + the rest of the keyboard and the other control the mouse.

To be honest, that actually sounds like it'd be fun ha ha. Might try doing that.

Also I might have found a way if anyone wants to attempt this in the future.

-Run a normal Battlefront windowed using the custom resolution launcher.
-Download dxwnd (a windowed mode application).
-Run the normal battlefront.exe with dxwnd (not the custom resolution launcher).
-Find a way to do the lan part from there. You will have two separate battlefronts, although keeping them both active at once is the tricky part.

If you've got the professional version of Windows and 2 screens you could try and run 1 game on virtual pc and one on the current windows. I expect there's a few ways to get 2 games running at once but the problem is controlling both.

There's a thread on here somewhere about splitscreen on pc but it was never made playable.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: Dingo224 on March 10, 2016, 03:16:53 AM
keeping them both active at once is the tricky part.
I dont think this can be done, because of the way windows works. (i just tested it, although on windows 10).

[spoiler]
When moving the mouse between Microsoft Word and Firefox, scrolling will happen in whichever window the mouse is over (but only one). However, commands (such as ctrl-f, which does something in both apps) will only work in the active window, even if two are displayed.
[/spoiler]

I think you best bet is to ask for your friend to borrow a laptop from someone   ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Thanks for all of the suggestions guys. I have another small question, and I don't think it needs another thread.
Is there a way to make gamepad sensitivity higher? I use a wireless Xbox 360 controller and It's always bugged me how low the sensitivity is despite turning it up all the way. Very frustrating :(.