Pilots need a parachute

Started by Carbon27, October 11, 2012, 12:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Everyone knows that you can eject out of a plane, but you end of falling like a rock. I would like someone to change that. Could pilots, just pilots, have a chute that could deploy in the air that would help them not die from the fall? I'm not sure if its possible, but that would be REALLY awesome.   :moo:

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: Josh on October 11, 2012, 12:32:25 PM
Everyone knows that you can eject out of a plane, but you end of falling like a rock. I would like someone to change that. Could pilots, just pilots, have a chute that could deploy in the air that would help them not die from the fall? I'm not sure if its possible, but that would be REALLY awesome.   :moo:
No I don't think we could implement a parachute that pops out, but a jet-pack and the removal of fall damage could do it.

If you add the collision scale line under the Unit health line, it takes away fall damage. (you can get this line in Jetpack trooper odf)

Oh, and the line in onlinecompatible, but only works if you are the host (and in single player)
only one glitch. Your person doesn't make hurt sounds when someone else hosts.

Just had a completely ridiculous idea.

-A jetpack configuration that's set so that it can't propel you up, but it only slows your fall in midair (because activating a jet in midair does slow your fall slightly)
-A particle effect designed to look like a parachute, that shoots up out of the units backpack/back
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

The Deka Shield also negates fall damage.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Thats so crazy, it just might work!

Jdee you are a smart guy! I LOVE your idea. :tu:

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

parachute bubble
evil grin :)
Can we make it bounce?

Quote from: tirpider on October 14, 2012, 07:46:50 PM
parachute bubble
evil grin :)
Can we make it bounce?
Dang it we need a way to be able to apply SWBFs physics system to something other than chunks.