Stormtroopers (Version 2)

Started by Giftheck, August 08, 2015, 02:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Here is version 2 of my kitbash Stormtrooper models. There are some different variants included this time as well.

I deliberately did not include the 501st Stormtroopers, Jump Trooper or Heavy Trooper from the previous pack as I have no plans to alter them.

DOWNLOAD

================================
Stormtroopers by GGCTUK
================================

Here is the second version of my TFU-based Stormtrooper models.

What I have done is taken the 501st Stormtrooper helmet, split it in two and re-UVed it to the stock Stormtrooper helmet texture, with some modifications to the texture to make it flow better. The original UV for the 501st Trooper helmet was a real mess - I can't help but wonder if they just atlased the UV then left it that way when they built the model rather than trying to merge the parts into a coherent texture. The modified stock texture actually fits quite well to the model. Another change is the replacement of the belt detpack and the addition of the belt blocks that were previously texture only - I have also added the kneepad blocks to the right knee to make the stormtrooper look more faithful. I have also included the TFU gear.

Included in this pack are the following:

-Stormtrooper (2064 triangles vs stock 1651)
-Sand trooper (2200 triangles vs stock Shocktrooper 1877)
-EVO Trooper (2366 triangles)
-Jump Trooper (2840 triangles)
-Shadow Trooper (Reskin of the Stormtrooper, 2064 triangles)
-Incinerator Trooper (2108 triangles)
-Shock Trooper (2189 triangles)

These units have been tested in game with no visible issues. No low-res unit versions have been included this time as I have a workaround in place that enables me to use these units as 'low-res' without creating specific models.

==CREDITS==
-Pandemic Studios for the mod tools.
-Krome Studios for the TFU Heavy Trooper and 501st Stormtrooper parts
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

These look awesome! Well done! Are they for SWBF1 or SWBF2?
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

August 08, 2015, 02:44:58 PM #2 Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 02:46:33 PM by Gistech
They work in SWBF, though they cause lowres flipouts because they set the hardcoded memory pool too low for PC. I have been told of a way round it though it's not yet perfected.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Ah I see. Good luck making them for SWBF1 too ;)
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

You do such a great job of these Gistech! Since your doing some really awesome kitbashes of TFU models/pandemc models has there been any consideration for the navy commando or possibly the  TFU officers?
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

There's already a fairly decent Navy Commando model (the texture isn't perfect but I did modify it). As for the officers... wouldn't they just be AT-ST/AT-AT pilots modified?
In Progress:

On Hold:

I suppose thats true about the current one, but it would look miles better with  your TFU pauldrons.

I'll look into it for Version 3.

Other possible fixes or additions for Version 3 might be reducing the polygons of some parts of the helmet (I only shrunk down certain parts from the original helmet to smooth them over, I may also apply the fixes done in this version to the 501st Stormtroopers. I could also 'remap' the helmets to allow you to do skins like the Stormtrooper Commander.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Actaully sereja has that model already in his umbara assets if you wanted to take a look. It would be cool to be able to have a revamp like that so we can get the most out of texturing.

August 13, 2015, 01:49:54 PM #9 Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 01:51:27 PM by Gistech
Funnily enough I didn't even know Sereja had done his own one. It's a very decent conversion, but you are right: that pauldron looks out of place. The stock pauldron is very poorly done.

I could send him my pauldron and backpack.
In Progress:

On Hold:

August 15, 2015, 01:27:27 AM #10 Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 09:18:32 AM by Gistech
Preview for a unit to be included in the 'third version'

It's not finished yet, I'm currently remapping the helmet to a modified stock Stormie texture (as you can see, what I've done is taken bits and pieces from the TFU model and attached them to stock Stormtrooper parts - the legs are Galactic Marine legs remapped and the parts are all remapped to the new texture. The helmet texture has yet to be modified - I'm going to UV-map it first)

================
EDIT:

I have finished converted these models. There's two varieties: with captain gear or without.

Mine uses more stock parts than Serejas and I've gone and made the UV map for the non-stock parts conform to a modified Stormtrooper texture.

I've also done some work on my Jump Trooper to bring it closer to TFU. I did actually take some parts from the TFU model (though some of them have been reduced in polygons).

In Progress:

On Hold:

August 18, 2015, 02:43:48 AM #11 Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 09:29:40 AM by Gistech
Here's a list of what's being included in the next version so far:

* denotes that I have modified these since the last revision:

[spoiler]Standard Units:

-Stormtrooper* - reduced the polygons on the helmet slightly as I didn't need the 'cheeks'. Most other Stormtrooper variants also have this change.
-Sand trooper*
-Dark Trooper NEW

TFU HD version-style units:

-EVO Trooper* - changed it to use two textures instead of four
-Jump Trooper* - now has mesh parts from the actual model such as the jump pack. However, the base model is still the stormtrooper as above.
-Shadow Trooper* - minor texture changes
-Incinerator Trooper*

TFU Wii version-style units:

-501 Stormtrooper* - Changed the helmet to reflect the changes I have made to other versions of the Stormtrooper helmet, also altered the UVs. Includes blank texture
-501 Shocktrooper* - as above.
-Navy Commando
-Navy Commando Captain
-Heavy Trooper* - now uses two textures instead of four, helmet has been altered (I'm using a modified 501st Stormtrooper helmet)
-Jump Trooper* - Almost complete overhaul to make it much more like the WiiFU Jump Trooper. New jetpack, modified the helmet from the Heavy Trooper helmet, modified body meshes. Includes blank texture

SWBFEA-style units:

-Shock Trooper*[/spoiler]

I'm considering alterations to the TIE and AT-AT pilots as well.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Very interesting updates. You said you use a tablet for these edits?

Quote from: 411Remnant on August 18, 2015, 09:51:44 PM
Very interesting updates. You said you use a tablet for these edits?

For things like markings and blending on the textures, yes: it's more precise than using a mouse.
In Progress:

On Hold:

So the next set will take some time to come out as I'm branching away from just the Stormtrooper variants. I'll be including revamped Clone Troopers as well.
In Progress:

On Hold: