I can't gain access to Gametoast: What you can do (read all posts)

Started by Giftheck, August 02, 2015, 11:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have no access to Gametoast ATM so I have no idea what's been going on, even though I still get e-mail topic update notifications (the most annoying is that I'm subscribed to Deviss' thread, he recently replied but I have no idea what he replied with, sicne Gametoast e-mail notifs don't come with the message that's been posted).

I've googled the problem, the issue seems to be with the router yet I don't think my dad would be willing to mess with it to resolve access to a single site.

I've had this problem before, with another website and it did eventually resolve itself after about two months of no access to it.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Well, as far as I know, Gametoast, closed access for many countries, because of spam attack. Perhaps they have a reason to act like that, but if everything goes this way - Gametoast, may turns in to a very small and secret society...
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

I'm french and I can't acess too  :'( :'(  I survived so"gametoast" is not obligatory!!!

But I would still love to party "gametoast", I sympathize :wave: :wave:
"When will you fools learn? No one escapes Commander Fox"
—Fox, after apprehending another criminal

https://media.giphy.com/media/2GjgvS5vA6y08/giphy.gif

Same for me, they must have blocked the UK. I wouldn't be surprised if they block everywhere and just allow a few IP's at this rate...
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

E-mail Guru, I'm sure he'll let you all through.

Spam attack? Ironically, wasn't that why my original account here got banned? (Yahoo! e-mails were being used to register spam accounts or something).
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Quote from: Gistech on August 03, 2015, 12:44:43 PM
Spam attack? Ironically, wasn't that why my original account here got banned? (Yahoo! e-mails were being used to register spam accounts or something).

Yahoo accounts (and some others) were restricted from registration back in the MPCgamers days.  Since then, I have loosened up on the account registrations and Jedikiller has installed a some anti-spam mods for the forum.

Even here, I have blocked IPs from China, as we get a lot of questionable visits from that part of the world.

So, I understand what they are going through, but it seems a bit aggressive to me.

However, if you email Guru, he should be able to whitelist your IP.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I've e-mailed. Just waiting back.

It's not an ideal solution, but in the interim it might be adviseable to use a US-based proxy server.
In Progress:

On Hold:

I've received instruction from Teancum to post what to do here. So if you want to have access to Gametoast restored, please PM Teancum on here with your IP address and he will pass it along to get it whitelisted.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Yeah, I propose to create on SWBFGamers, a sort of embassy of the Gametoast, that people who have never been there, might learn about existence of this site, and could apply for a visa.  :D
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

I created an account just for this.

Thank you Gistech for making this thread , it helped me a lot.
Hopefully I can find a way to contact Teancum...  although after using the searchbar I can't seem to find his profile so I'm gonna need some help with that.

EDIT: NEVERMIND! just used the Members tab , sorry I've been browsing this website for some years but this is the first time I registered.

Cheers.

All,

I sent the IP whitelist requests to Guru, who is the server administrator. If you did not PM me with your IP and can't access Gametoast let me know. I have requests all the way back to May 2015 (Sareja's request) so he should be able to get everyone.

Please give it about a week and let me know if you still can't get access. Guru's a busy guy.

Thanks, Teancum.

I should let DEVISS know. He's currently having to use a proxy to get to Gametoast himself (he told me this on Facepunch).
In Progress:

On Hold:

Speaking of Proxy servers (I still haven't heard anything solid from Guru), maybe anyone using a proxy can share how they're doing it so others can easily access Gametoast as well for now?

Deviss suggested this proxy to me:

http://unblockwebsense.com/
In Progress:

On Hold: