How to use Steam in-game (Battlefront 1)

Started by {PLA}gdh92, July 12, 2015, 04:57:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
If you want to use Steam to chat and take screenshots in game here is how;
1. Open your Steam library
2. Click on add a game in the bottom left corner then select 'add a non steam game'
3. On the list that appears find battlefront-shortcut* and tick it. Click on 'add selected programs'.
4. Battlefront will now appear on the games list to the left
5. To use the Steam overlay in game you MUST launch battlefront from the Steam library menu not any other shortcut.
6. Hold down Alt and Tab to open Steam in game or use F12 to take a screenshot in game and it will appear in the battlefront section of your library.
7. If you want an FPS counter in game (this will apply to all Steam games) go to; Steam - settings - In game - then turn on the counter there.

Issues:
I assume /noframelock works as it uses the same shortcut to launch but am unsure
F12 for screenshots will also call for health and opening steam puts up the player list as well, you will have to remap controls to avoid this.

*I don't know if this works without a desktop shortcut
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Sorry, GDH!
I was scrolling through the subforum and realized I accidently copied you about this post. I didn't see your post first, so we'll leave it as a mistake.

And here's the thread in question, my thread; http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=9496.0
I suppose that 2 threads of the same subject aren't needed, so I'll let the admins handle this how they want. (Possibly deleting my post since it's the newer one? lol)

But, Thank you GDH for addressing an issue that we both knew needed an answer. ;)
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

No problem. Hopefully they both helped some people.  :tu:
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quick question. Using the SWBF1 GameMaster executable on Steam, the overlay doesn't seem to show up. Does this take a while, or does the fact it's using a modded executable have something to do with the overlay not working?

Are you launching it from the steam library not the desktop shortcut?

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on November 09, 2015, 01:30:07 AM
Are you launching it from the steam library not the desktop shortcut?
Yes (I actually launch most if not all of my games through Steam nowadays).

Strange. I just checked and it works fine for me so it's not a Steam change. I get a little message in the bottom right when I turn the game on saying 'use steam to connect to friends' or something similar then I can use steam as normal.

I don't know if this problem is just me, but I used to be able to run it just fine using steam, but ever sense I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, my steam won't open battlefront. Everytime I do, it'll go to the launcher, and when I click "Start Game" it'll say "Star Wars: Back Catalog Launcher has stopped working" and it'll just close it. Anyone else getting this problem? :/
Worlds Greatest Troopers

Scout

Haven't gotten that either, though to be fair, I did upgrade to Windows 10, and it worked fine before that.

Is anyone else experiencing issues with SWBF and Steam on Windows 10?

Quote from: Gold Man on November 09, 2015, 07:36:48 PM
Haven't gotten that either, though to be fair, I did upgrade to Windows 10, and it worked fine before that.

Is anyone else experiencing issues with SWBF and Steam on Windows 10?

Just go to steam, games, add non-steam games add battlefront, last I checked that still worked, unless it changed?

I'm on my phone at the moment so I can't check this but can you add the gamemaster exe to steam instead?