SWBF Game informer

Started by Sonic, June 15, 2015, 04:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 15, 2015, 04:39:00 AM Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 06:36:01 AM by Encorn5
I'm not sure if this is the right topic but...here it goes. I made a little app to keep track of servers and then decided to make it into something useful. So what it does is monitoring servers, looking for not empty servers and keeps you informed. So whenever there is specific ammount of players, you will get notification (never have to miss a battle).
Note that this is early version and may contain bugs. However, sometimes servers send incorrect player list and all invalid or missing fields are interpreted as "???".
Screenshots, the app and source code in attachment.

TODO:
- Custom resolution
- Map catalog and manager
- Custom framerate
- Sound customization and notification

NOTE:
Setting files generated by versions lower than 1.9 are no longer supported. It is recommended to remove those settings and regenerate.
Master server IP has changed. If you can't see any servers running open Master server options and reset settings to default by pressing "Default" button
UPDATE:
Version 1.21_
- Extractor utility is now library (and radically reduces the archive size)
Version 1.20:
- Added new master server
- Added map downloader (to be used with great caution)
Older:
[spoiler]
Version 1.13:
- Added maps.txt: Optional file to override map names, and/or add custom maps
Version 1.12:
- Fixed naboo battle names
Version 1.11:
- Fixed master server IP
- Added ICW5 maps
Version 1.10:
- Fixed server resolver ( ~ )
Version 1.9:
- Added master server settings
- Added correct FPS settings
- Increased name limit to 17 characters (Experimental - longer nicks rewrite controls)
Version 1.8:
- Added game settings window
- Added server ping
- Added sounds (+ default sounds)
- Added nick changer (profile cloner)
Version 1.7:
- Option to join server with own profile
Version 1.6.1:
- NPO fix (~)
Version 1.6:
- Server menu
- Filtering empty servers
Version 1.5:
- Automatic startup (Windows only)
- Manual update button
- Start minimized option
Version 1.4:
- Fixed game server resolver (~^)
- Added some colors
- Custom limits for each servers
- Forgot the rest
Version 1.3:
- pure java (no more libraries)
- dat compatibility
Version 1.1:
- fixed 1-player bug
- added debug
[/spoiler]

Nice one.
I'm actually coding the same thing in C++  :XD:  :cheers:
But now I have more time to get the SWBFadmin done.

Nice work Encorn--and welcome to the site.   :cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Nice work, should be especially useful now we can't see who's playing with X fire.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

I have finally made it work without the libraries.  :cheer:

Quote from: Encorn5 on June 26, 2015, 06:41:53 AM
I have finally made it work without the libraries.  :cheer:

Very nice  :cheers:

June 26, 2015, 09:10:59 AM #8 Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 10:09:44 AM by Shazam
This tool will be very useful.  Thanks for sharing this with the community.  :cheers:

If you're looking to create an upgraded version, a manual refresh button would be useful.  :)

This is fantastic sir! Works quite well for me right out of the box. That says a lot coming from me right now, as I'm having a ton of networking issues to fix on this machine. So if it works on this thing, you know it's doing it's job.

Just a suggestion for a feature though, maybe besides the simple ignore option maybe have a secondary option enabled to inform you of change on a specific server. Like have the initial message of servers with X players, but then maybe have the option of running silent till the server gains any more players. I guess just additional options to be able to watch for but since I know this is an early version it's all good.

I've gotta agree with {PLA}gdh92 though, this has gotta be one of the best things I've seen since the whole thing with Xfire shutting down.
photobucket limit image removed

June 26, 2015, 10:05:57 AM #10 Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 10:16:17 AM by -RepubliqueCmdr-
Oh cool, I just got done with my Java programming classes for school (I guess it counts as a second language?).
I was having a bit of issues with networking, but it was fun after getting a handle on the stuff.

Welcome to the website by the way!

Thanks for replies. I have added some requested features, feel free to suggest more  :moo: (wtq is this cow...).
:cheers:

This is great. Now if I could get this to automatically run on startup and minimize to tray we're set!

Most the other game trackers/overlays don't support the first SWBF, so this is perfect.
photobucket limit image removed

nice work, could you add features later to disable the automatic update except when manually clicked, and maybe a way to show the server TPS? this tool is quite impressive  :cheers:

Server TPS is not contained in query, so there is no way to get it this way.
Added automatic startup (windows only), minimized startup and manual update button.