Author Topic: SWBF Reveal at SW Celebration  (Read 11526 times)

hellish hellbird

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: SWBF Reveal at SW Celebration
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2015, 06:58:26 PM »
Update. They said there will be hard copies for pc ps4 and xb1

Commander Awesome

• SWBF 1&2 Modder
  • Moderators
  • This Man Has No Life
  • Addicted to Battlefront since 2006.
  • Awards Special Award for players of the EA's SWBF (2015) Participated in the ICW6 Special Award for those that play SWBF2 Special Award for those that play the original SWBF
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • PSN: AaTc_CmdrAwesome
  • Steam ID:
  • Origin ID: Rayce_Skykiller
« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2015, 08:41:30 PM »
Besides the Clone Wars era (Which would be nice, but doesn't really matter), this is looking like everything I had hoped for!  :tu:

Especially these:
PLAY AS ICONIC STAR WARS CHARACTERS
Fight as the galaxy's most memorable heroes and villains, like Darth Vader and Boba Fett.

Interact with some of the most beloved characters from the original trilogy.

Become the hero or villain of the battle.

Seamlessly swap between 1st person  and 3rd person perspectives.

Fight for the Empire or Republic offline, solo or with a friend, in carefully crafted missions.

Droideka

• Retired Staff
  • Advanced Member
  • Awards Special Award for those that play SWBF2 ICW3 Participant ICW2 Participant Intergalactic Clan War 1 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
  • Xbox: thetakedown77
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2015, 10:42:26 PM »
I can't fight as a Droideka  :(

Still pre-ordering. I think people are overreacting to the no space combat thing. SWBF1 certainly did fine without it...and if the space mode was going to be tacked on like SWBF2's sorta was, then maybe it's better to leave it as expansion content.

Also, if I get to slaughter ewoks from the cockpit of an AT-AT, that's worth $60 right there  :moo:
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

Epifire

• Master Modder
  • Frequent Poster
  • Didn't know I was a Mandalorian did ya :P
  • Awards Admin for SWBFgamers.com ICW Tournament
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2015, 10:55:56 PM »
I can't fight as a Droideka  :(

Still pre-ordering. I think people are overreacting to the no space combat thing. SWBF1 certainly did fine without it...and if the space mode was going to be tacked on like SWBF2's sorta was, then maybe it's better to leave it as expansion content.

Also, if I get to slaughter ewoks from the cockpit of an AT-AT, that's worth $60 right there  :moo:

Now this man is a true fan. I'm only waiting to see if it'll remain only Downloadable, otherwise I'll preorder once if that's all there's gonna be for PC. Just something about having the actual game in your hands. Nothing gon beat that.

But on another note it's stated that it's gonna be really setup for friends/squads as I'm hearing. So we need to establish a group representing us in the game when it comes out. Not sure if there's gonna be community managed servers (optional community servers?) or if it will be all EAs stuff hosting it. Either way, as we're pretty much longtime friends here, we ought to press on with the new SWBF in style. Get'n organized, be'n readying for release you know?
photobucket limit image removed

Snake

• So little free time, so much to mod..
  • Moderators
  • Internet Addict
  • "Play to win, not to not lose"
  • Awards Special Award for players of the EA's SWBF (2015) Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site Special Award for those that play the original SWBF To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month Intergalactic Clan War 1 Participant Releasing Multiple Mods on SWBFgamers.com
    • View Profile
    • =AaTc=
    • Awards
  • PSN: Octa-king
  • Tunngle ID: aatcsnake
« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2015, 11:18:26 PM »
Yeah, a while ago we discussed some type of confederation of SWBF1 clans. I think if I like it enough I will bring back =AaTc= full force, in which case I will gladly join any SWBF1 clan group. I have a feeling it'll be like a reunion with all the old players coming back to try the new game. We need to make sure they know we are here! I think we will make a separate thread to flesh out ideas sometime this summer.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Droideka

• Retired Staff
  • Advanced Member
  • Awards Special Award for those that play SWBF2 ICW3 Participant ICW2 Participant Intergalactic Clan War 1 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
  • Xbox: thetakedown77
« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2015, 11:30:04 PM »
What I'd like to know is whether there will be private servers that clans can host and recruit on, or if SWBF3 will just use a matchmaking system. I'd like to be able to join a server that plays heroes mode all the time, or has a set playlist of maps like in SWBF1.
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

StoneCold

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2015, 05:57:06 AM »
Hi guys,

Don't know where I should post this, but I'm pretty excited about it:

https://twitter.com/DICEfigge/status/589207550358228992

:D

Gistech

• Imperial Shock Trooper
  • Moderators
  • This Man Has No Life
  • Awards Releasing Multiple Mods on SWBFgamers.com
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • PSN: ggctuk
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2015, 08:00:17 AM »
So it seems this is the equivalent to Instant Action in older games.

Don't say "this is it" yet. EA haven't shown us everything for usre, and more will definitely be revealed at E3.
Works in Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront Legacy (Phase 1 released - Phase 2 in development, base game due 2017)

Dark_Phantom

• The Official Ghost
  • Moderators
  • Advanced Member
  • Awards A member of the winning team of ICW6 A member of the winning team of ICW5 Administered events in ICW5 Special Award for those that play the original SWBF ICW4 Participant Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site ICW3 Participant Recognizes a winner of an Amateur Modding Contest on this site.
    • View Profile
    • The BOBclan
    • Awards
  • PSN: phantom567459
  • Steam ID:
  • Origin ID: phantom567459
« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2015, 08:11:55 AM »
I want the jetpack and missile launcher.  And while I'm at it, throw in that air strike too.  Also, give me excellent graphics and explodey things, and that's a game that I want.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Epifire

• Master Modder
  • Frequent Poster
  • Didn't know I was a Mandalorian did ya :P
  • Awards Admin for SWBFgamers.com ICW Tournament
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2015, 09:05:16 PM »
No UI shown yet but man I get the feels when I see this shot.

Honestly I feel the only other game that made the E-11 really cool was JK2: Jedi Outcast, and to me that shot really retains the cool factor (as well as correct scale).
photobucket limit image removed

aeria.

• Internet Addict
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • GR ID: 294260
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2015, 12:51:37 AM »
Shoutouts to no story mode.

Not like we played SWBF for story mode to begin with.

The game looks DANK. All we need is real gameplay now.

#TYBG

Gistech

• Imperial Shock Trooper
  • Moderators
  • This Man Has No Life
  • Awards Releasing Multiple Mods on SWBFgamers.com
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • PSN: ggctuk
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2015, 01:33:02 AM »
Regardless of what's in it or not from the original games, I'm still hyped, and will probably get more hyped when we see some actual gameplay. DICE has, for the most part, done their homework.

I do love the irony that some are calling this a 'Battlefield reskin' when SWBF is a Battlefield clone to begin with.
Works in Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront Legacy (Phase 1 released - Phase 2 in development, base game due 2017)

{PLA} Van STING

• Frequent Poster
  • Awards Special Award for those that play SWBF2 Special Award for those that play the original SWBF ICW4 Participant ICW3 Participant ICW2 Participant Intergalactic Clan War 1 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2015, 04:28:07 PM »
I have no idea where I should post this, but this seemed like the best spot.

It looks like amazon has the PC disc version for pre-order, doesn't have the deluxe edition for some reason.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00W8FYF4W?ref=spkl_5_5_2079618842&ie=UTF8&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-auto-sparkle&pf_rd_r=1PPFB71019KG5YPW8NZ2&pf_rd_p=2079618842&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_i=star%20wars%20battlefront&qid=1429655159

Gold Man

• Comic Team Moderator and Alpha Clan Retiree
  • This Man Has No Life
  • Just chillin'.
  • Awards Special Award for those that play the original SWBF ICW4 Participant ICW3 Participant Intergalactic Clan War 1 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • PSN: Bronzium
  • Steam ID:
  • Tunngle ID: goldman27
« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2015, 09:22:25 AM »
Interesting, I might go for the Amazon pre-order, it looks slightly cheaper. :P

And for those too lazy to have clicked the link, this is apparently going to be the box art:

Looks reminiscent of the old Battlefield 3 box art to me.

Shoot me a membergroup request if you want to join our Comic Team! :D

Norwood

• BOB.ldr.Mirky
  • SWBFSpy Engagement
  • Frequent Poster
  • Long live the BOBclan!
  • Awards Participated in the ICW5 Special Award for those that play SWBF2 Special Award for those that play the original SWBF ICW4 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Mirky!
    • Awards
  • GR ID: 5151166
  • Steam ID:
  • Tunngle ID: PatriotNorwood
« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2015, 09:54:36 AM »
I really want a disc version of the game, but the fact that they don't have the Premium version available is a bit of a bummer. I'm guessing it is unlikely for them to add the premium version later?

And just a side note Gold Man, but that is the cover art for the Standard version, the Premium version of the game apparently has a black cover. (Just solid black.) I wasn't sure if you had seen that yet.
Join the BOBclan!
Proud member of the BOBclan since April 16, 2014.