login

Author Topic: [TUTORIAL]How to mod mission LUA for SWBF2  (Read 1997 times)

Anyder

• Global Moderator & Illuminated Modder
  • Lavish Poster
  • Awards A member of the winning team of ICW6 A member of the winning team of ICW5 To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month SWBF LeaderBoards 2-first ICW4 Winner Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site Special Award for players of the EA Reboot of SWBF
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
  • Origin ID: AnyderMotionless
[TUTORIAL]How to mod mission LUA for SWBF2
« on: November 15, 2014, 11:34:13 AM »
First of all u need to have the SWBF2 modding toolbox installed in ur PC (or if u wanna hexedit the swbf2.exe file, it's also possible to make the server spawn delay be changed). If you don't have the modding tools, here i leave u a link: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=436

Then you'll have to go to C:\BF2_ModTools\data\_BUILD and run Modtools VisualMunge.exe

Create a map with the name u want, I usually write LEL but u can write whatever u want xD

After the data_*the name u've given to ur map* (eg. data_LEL) you'll have to head to C:\BF2_ModTools\assets
and copy all the folders in there (BES, COR, .. ), and paste them into the (C:\BF2_ModTools\data_LEL\) Common folder
Now go ahead and mod whatever u want in the lua, but make sure u do it correctly
Here I leave the tutorial about how to mod mission.lvl lua: https://sites.google.com/site/swbf2modtoolsdocumentation/battlefront-ii-mission-lua-guide

After getting everything modded, go to the previous folder where u should find mission.req

Just copy this and paste it there (replacing all previous text):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

*I hope I didnt forget any map, except of the space ones and rhen var, if u wanna have added these maps, do it on ur own by adding them after the last one:

"rhn2g_1flag"

Finally go to C:\BF2_ModTools\data_LEL\_BUILD and run Modtools VisualMunge.exe

Right as it is, just click on munge and u'll have ur mission.lvl munged in the _LVL_PC folder.

If I forgot something, please, just post it  :cheers:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 09:28:13 AM by Anyder »
| SWBFSpy Admin | Community Ambassador

Motionless in White - Rats