Zeroediter problems please help! x-P

Started by Samistheone, November 07, 2014, 07:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
November 07, 2014, 07:53:51 PM Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 08:02:02 PM by Samistheone
Hi I am having zero editing problems, when ever I start up BFbuilder or BFbuilder PRO and try to edit one of my projects ZeroEditer starts and the ZeroEdit start up screen pops up and right after words crashes right away. x-P

Does anyone know how to fix this???

I am desperate to get it working, I have a few maps that I have ideas for and want to edit and make.

I hope someone knows how to fix this!!

Edited at 11:00 PM Eastern (Also when it crashes there's no way I can manually close it, not even with Windows Task Manager. Also it is on my Windows XP, but if I recall it correctly it does the same thing on my Windows 7 computer.)

Yes I did several times, I'm not sure if it ever worked. Its been quite a while since I used BFbuilder, almost a year, actually maybe it was a year not sure. It was sometime around winter if I am correct.

I will check that link right now thanks.

November 07, 2014, 09:09:19 PM #6 Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 09:13:27 PM by Samistheone
Zero Editor Runtime Error (XP, Vista, Windows 7/8)

Postby AceMastermind ยป Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:07 am

There is no single solution to get ZeroEditor working for everyone. In this post you will find a compilation of possible fixes collected around this site in an effort to keep information in one place for convenience. Some of these may or may not work for you, cross your fingers and read on.

There is a lot of inconsistency in who is able to get it to run and how they got it working, it just doesn't work for all users.
In order to put this issue to rest we need more feedback from those who have and have not gotten it to work.

Questions for Vista and Windows 7, 8.x users:
Please just post your answers to this questionnaire in this topic
•Does ZE work for you? (Yes/No)
•What edition of Vista or Windows 7/8 are you running? (ex: Vista Home Premium)
•What graphics card are you currently using? (ex: NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS)
•What's the current driver version of your gfx card? (ex: 186.18)
•Are you running 32 or 64 bit? (32/64)
•What version of Microsoft .NET Framework do you currently have installed?

1. (Given x-P No not really.)
2. Windows XP Professional.
3. I don't have a graphics card in the computer that I know of, I basically fixed the computer up out of 4 computers alike it that had different problems on why they didn't work, fans hard drive excreta, into this one working computer.
4. (gfx card = graphics card?) don't have one I guess.
5. 32-bit Windows XP Professional
6. (Microsoft .NET Framework??)

Found at http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?p=259567#p259567

How do you change your display Color Quality Settings to Highest 32 bit??

Install it directly to C:\BFBuilder? or install it and then put it in C:\BFBuilder???

Edited at 12:13 AM Eastern Standard time. (By the way didn't BFbuilder and BFbuilder PRO originally come with the first SWBF gaming disc where you had 3 discs to fully install SWBF to your computer??? because I have the original.)

November 07, 2014, 09:27:24 PM #7 Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 09:34:09 PM by MileHighGuy
Ok so you installed in the right place.

Usually if  ZE stops working its because a new graphics card driver messed it up. But since you don't have a graphics card (integrated graphics?)(and it seemed it never worked to begin with) then I would do the other things recommended in that thread (3D analyze etc).

If those don't work then i think you're out of luck.  You can still mod, you just can't make maps...

EDIT: BFBuilder was not included in any game disc. Its downloaded only..

November 07, 2014, 10:09:32 PM #8 Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 12:04:09 AM by Samistheone
Quote from: MileHighGuy on November 07, 2014, 09:27:24 PM

If those don't work then I think you're out of luck.  You can still mod, you just can't make maps...

EDIT: BFBuilder was not included in any game disc. Its downloaded only..

3D-Analyze is an emulator program used for many things, but in the case, we'll be using it to emulate the TnL requirements of Battlefront 2

Found at: http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=15117&start=0

Given that information that it simulates what happens when you start SWBF2, well I have tried SWBF2, ((SWRC) Star Wars Republic Commando), and other games alike and none of them started after I installed them, so with that given information would it mean that this suggestion will not work on any of the XP computers I fixed up correct??

I thought once upon a time I saw BFbuilder and or BFbuilder PRO in the main start up menu or options menu of SWBF though????

Not make maps?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!! But all the maps and maps ideas I have in my head, I have reason to believe could make me be one of the greatest if not the greatest map maker that could be seen on SWBF!!!!!

(I can't say the credits all mine though.)

How do you change your display Color Quality Settings to Highest 32 bit??

November 07, 2014, 10:30:15 PM #9 Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 10:32:44 PM by MileHighGuy
I would suggest trying 3D analyze anyway

the thread I linked you has a link that tells you how to change your color settings...

QuoteHere's a list of some things you can try. Try one at a time. If unsuccessful, revert change before trying the next:
    Update your graphics card driver
    NVIDIA
    ATI[/list]
    Change your display Color quality settings to Highest 32 bit (Vista) (Windows 7, 8, and 8.1)
    Change the compatibility mode for ZE
    Right click on the ZeroEditor.exe and "Run as Administrator"
    Roll back your graphics card driver (if possible)
    Run ZE with 3D-Analyze
    Download and install the Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package[/list]

The typical solution to get ZE to run on XP is usually this:
      Change your display Color quality settings to Highest 32 bit
      but you could also try using 3D-Analyze with 'emulate Hw TnL Caps' ticked[/list]

[size=150]Disclaimer[/size]
      You promise that by using any of the above methods you:
        (a) will
      not blame me or Gametoast if anything goes wrong with your computer after you try it
      (b) will not ask me questions about it because I don't really know much about Vista or Win 7
      (c) will not blame me or Gametoast if anything goes wrong with your computer after you try it[/list]

and you can also google

Okay so now I ran in to a few more problems.

1. My XP was already at highest 32 bit.
      2. What application is needed to run a .bat file??
      3. when I found the original Zero Editor and tried to run it there alone it said this (Zero Editor Error:) ("config.ini" not found, unable to start.) and I couldn't find it in any other location when I was running the 3D analyze.

Do you have any other suggestions??

Oh yea and the folder I found it in was C:\BFBuilderbackup\Zeroeditor (Already extracted).

To run a bat file you just double click on it..

I would stick with running the zeroeditor program in the BFBuilder/Data<whatever> folders (the project folders). I don't know about 3D analyze since I have never used it. I would just stick to the tutorial they have there. If you have questions about maybe post on gametoast technical support.

Sam, in my opinion, you have likely just not installed the mod tools correctly.

The mod tools were never meant to be user-friendly, and they come from a time windows XP was a new operating system.  You will need to know a lot about old computer technology to get them the mod tools to work, and you will have to read directions very carefully.

It should run fine under windows XP and with your graphics card, if SWBF can run on it.  Messing around with TnL emulators is a dead end.

Go back and read this tutorial:
      http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=8.0

and follow the directions exactly.

Good luck.
      Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
      Don't believe everything you read on the internet