Author Topic: Dark Trooper Championship 2014  (Read 32469 times)

Black Water

• {212}
  • This Man Has No Life
  • Awards Participated in the ICW5 ICW3 Winner ICW2 Participant Intergalactic Clan War 1 Participant
    • View Profile
    • 212th Site
    • Awards
Re: Dark Trooper Championship 2014
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2014, 12:46:50 PM »
Read the rules, everything is explained there (however the answer is yes)
I've read the rules, unless I missed something, I see nothing that explains a time limit for every match, I don't mean dates, Anyder.

Anyder

• SWBFSpy Manager
  • Community Ambassador
  • Lavish Poster
  • Awards To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month SWBF LeaderBoards 2-first ICW4 Winner A member of the winning team of ICW6 Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site Special Award for players of the EA Reboot of SWBF A member of the winning team of ICW5
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
  • Origin ID: AnyderMotionless
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2014, 12:51:26 PM »
Sorry i thought he posted it. I'm gonna make a site in the fc webhosting with all this info and thought it was said here

Match shall not last more than 30 mins (unless there's a problem)
| SWBFSpy Manager | Community Ambassador | communityambassador@swbfgamers.com

SWBFSpy Info Website: 85% Completed (Viewable: http://info.swbfspy.com)

Phobos

• Poodoo
  • The Chosen One
  • Awards Shotgun Tournament 1st Place Award for extensive modding contributions and/or donations to TWD Battlefront Special Award for those that play the original SWBF To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month LeaderBoard 1 organized by GDH92 and ComSharpshot T.1 1v1 Tournament 1st Place organized by SleepKiller Releasing Multiple Mods on SWBFgamers.com Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site Special Award for those that play SWBF2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2014, 12:43:38 AM »
I've read the rules, unless I missed something, I see nothing that explains a time limit for every match, I don't mean dates, Anyder.
It shouldn't be a problem, there is no advantage to running, and if people are going to run from fights just to heal from the slow auto-heal, that will be disabled too.

Matches should not last more than 33 minutes and 20 seconds at the most. I'll add this rule to the main post. If the mission time exceeds 2000 then the match will be forcibly ended - each player will suicide at the same time until the player with most deaths reaches 0 reinforcements.

It is unlikely this will be a problem however if it is then a rule is now in place to deal with it.

Update 10-1
Also adding a rule that if a player excessively runs from battles (such as using glitches, going outside or above the map, etc.) just to delay the time and try to win by abusing the time limit rule, will be disqualified.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 10:23:32 PM by Phobos »

Black Water

• {212}
  • This Man Has No Life
  • Awards Participated in the ICW5 ICW3 Winner ICW2 Participant Intergalactic Clan War 1 Participant
    • View Profile
    • 212th Site
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2014, 06:41:58 AM »
The  times I will be able to play are most likely Mondays and Wednesdays from 6 PM EST to 9:30 PM EST, and on sundays from 2:30 EST- 9:30 EST. Any other days I'm busy most likely.. but if needed I'll try to squeeze something in.   

Phobos

• Poodoo
  • The Chosen One
  • Awards Shotgun Tournament 1st Place Award for extensive modding contributions and/or donations to TWD Battlefront Special Award for those that play the original SWBF To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month LeaderBoard 1 organized by GDH92 and ComSharpshot T.1 1v1 Tournament 1st Place organized by SleepKiller Releasing Multiple Mods on SWBFgamers.com Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site Special Award for those that play SWBF2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2014, 06:28:30 PM »
@Black Water
Ok I added your best times to the thread

- Also I updated the rule of health drops from kills, the bacta only lasts 5-10 seconds now so it must be taken right after the kill or it will expire. This is to prevent camping around bactas or running from a fight to heal. The slow LUA autoheal may or may not be disabled. DTC map is 75% finished and should be ready soon.

-Important The start of DTC has been delayed 1 week and will now begin on November 7th. The weekly schedule in main post has been updated.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 03:51:20 AM by Phobos »

Davenport

• The Resident Bird
  • This Man Has No Life
  • Formerly Ultimo
  • Awards Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site Special Award for those that play SWBF2 Special Award for those that play the original SWBF
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • PSN: Only_Whisper
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2014, 05:03:24 PM »
Just a reminder that registration for the DTC ends in 10 days.

Hope some others are interested! "The more, The merrier"
Long-time SWBF community and clans member.
Formerly of Alpha, FC, and WUSI.

Phobos

• Poodoo
  • The Chosen One
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2014, 05:46:01 AM »
Registration Deadline - Nov 1
DTC Map Distribution - Nov 1
Bracket Posted - Nov 6
Tourney Starts - Nov 7

To keep things less confusing there will only be one password used for the duration of the tournament, and it will only be changed if unauthorized players join the server.  Since there are currently only 8 players signed up there will likely only be 4-5 rounds. Awards will only be given to the top 3 participants instead of top 4, unless more players join the DTC.

Davenport

• The Resident Bird
  • This Man Has No Life
  • Formerly Ultimo
  • Awards Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site Special Award for those that play SWBF2 Special Award for those that play the original SWBF
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2014, 11:51:42 AM »
Just a reminder that Today, October 31st, is your last chance to sign up for the DTC! I hope you wish to join in, or perhaps spectate. ;)

RepComm

• Internet Addict
  • Awards Award for extensive modding contributions and/or donations to TWD Battlefront ICW2 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: rccommandotac
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2014, 12:04:47 PM »
Wow, this is totally ridiculous of me..
I'll join and try to show up for as many rounds as possible! -- Think of me as the guy that you can replace with someone else if they can't show up. (Or I can spectate the whole time too..)

Norwood

• BOB.ldr.Mirky
  • SWBFSpy Engagement
  • Frequent Poster
  • Long live the BOBclan!
  • Awards Participated in the ICW5 Special Award for those that play SWBF2 Special Award for those that play the original SWBF ICW4 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Mirky!
    • Awards
  • GR ID: 5151166
  • Steam ID:
  • Tunngle ID: PatriotNorwood
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2014, 12:06:18 PM »
I think Ultimo that tomorrow is actually the deadline to sign up.

I might be willing to give this tournament a shot, but I can't guarantee my availability. But if that is not an issue I will try and join.
Join the BOBclan!
Proud member of the BOBclan since April 16, 2014.

Phobos

• Poodoo
  • The Chosen One
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2014, 02:02:13 PM »
The rules will be a bit leniant for players who miss some battles, you won't get disqualified because there's so few members playing, but u will lose points for missing battles. Players have until 11:59pm tomorrow to sign up, the deadline is in 32 hours from now.

Davenport

• The Resident Bird
  • This Man Has No Life
  • Formerly Ultimo
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2014, 03:39:40 PM »
Is the DTC map now available and I missed the link somewhere?

Phobos

• Poodoo
  • The Chosen One
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2014, 06:57:42 AM »
Is the DTC map now available and I missed the link somewhere?
not yet i will make an official announcement later this week when the map is available for download.

Davenport

• The Resident Bird
  • This Man Has No Life
  • Formerly Ultimo
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2014, 08:03:38 AM »
ok, thats fine. thanks!

Phobos

• Poodoo
  • The Chosen One
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2014, 08:12:37 AM »
Ok the mod map is attached to this post and the link added to main post.

1. Place the DTC folder in AddOn
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\AddOn

2. Place the DTC.lvl file in SIDE folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\Data\_LVL_PC\SIDE

You can play single player on hard as empire for standard 1v2 training against AI to get used to the speed, and the map should be hosted using server tools if you want to play online or else the reinforcements will be unequal.

For server hosts only
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We have 10 participants, so the Tournament will last for 5 weeks, with the final top placement rounds taking place before December 13th.
Good luck to all participants, the ladder should be up by Thursday. Let me know if the map has any bugs or crashes.