login

Author Topic: How to play SWBF2 with Gamespy down  (Read 24058 times)

Anyder

• Global Moderator & Illuminated Modder
  • Lavish Poster
  • Awards A member of the winning team of ICW6 A member of the winning team of ICW5 To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month SWBF LeaderBoards 2-first ICW4 Winner Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site Special Award for players of the EA Reboot of SWBF
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
  • Origin ID: AnyderMotionless
Re: How to play SWBF2 with Gamespy down
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2015, 01:11:42 PM »
Watch this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52iIELRthMU :)
I think i'll add this vid to the first message of the thread

EDIT:
Apparently some people say that the installing file is in spanish (what is quite odd as i have the game completely in german lol)
So if someone can test this, please let me know by posting here
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 01:19:16 PM by Anyder »
| SWBFSpy Admin | Community Ambassador | communityambassador@swbfgamers.com

Motionless in White - Rats

Anyder

• Lavish Poster
  • Awards A member of the winning team of ICW6 A member of the winning team of ICW5 To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month SWBF LeaderBoards 2-first ICW4 Winner Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site Special Award for players of the EA Reboot of SWBF
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2015, 12:03:35 PM »
Apparently some people say that the installing file is in spanish (what is quite odd as i have the game completely in german lol)
So if someone can test this, please let me know by posting here

I've remade the installer, so if someone has any problem, feel free to report it.

BlackScorpion

• If your jimmies are rustled...
  • {PLA}
  • Frequent Poster
  • then do a 360 and walk away.
  • Awards A member of the winning team of ICW6 A member of the winning team of ICW5 ICW4 Participant ICW3 Participant T.1 1v1 Tournament 2nd Place organized by SleepKiller Admin for SWBFgamers.com ICW Tournament
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2015, 10:42:31 PM »
Is there an .exe for people who have the Steam edition?

Anyder

• Lavish Poster
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2015, 12:51:53 AM »
Is there an .exe for people who have the Steam edition?
Dont think so. At least that i know...

BlackScorpion

• If your jimmies are rustled...
  • {PLA}
  • Frequent Poster
  • then do a 360 and walk away.
  • Awards A member of the winning team of ICW6 A member of the winning team of ICW5 ICW4 Participant ICW3 Participant T.1 1v1 Tournament 2nd Place organized by SleepKiller Admin for SWBFgamers.com ICW Tournament
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2015, 01:20:32 AM »
Dont think so. At least that i know...

No non-automated .exe?
Will changing the host file do it, then?  (so far, i dont see anything)
I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do with GameMaster Launcher downloaded from http://gameshare.co/gamemaster as I'm having trouble opening it.

Led

• Administrator
  • The Chosen One
  • The 82nd Element
  • Awards Award for extensive modding contributions and/or donations to TWD Battlefront Special Award for players of the EA Reboot of SWBF Special Award for those that play the original SWBF
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
  • Tunngle ID: _PLA-Led
  • Origin ID: plaled
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2015, 06:35:14 AM »
SWBFII has no DRM, so any patched exe should work.

Anyder

• Lavish Poster
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2015, 06:42:01 AM »
No non-automated .exe?
Will changing the host file do it, then?  (so far, i dont see anything)
I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do with GameMaster Launcher downloaded from http://gameshare.co/gamemaster as I'm having trouble opening it.
Editing the hosts file should work.
Im not at home but ill check the link later.

SWBFII has no DRM, so any patched exe should work.
The thing would be to find the folder if it is placed somewhere else (or in a hidden folder)

Led

• Administrator
  • The Chosen One
  • The 82nd Element
  • Awards Award for extensive modding contributions and/or donations to TWD Battlefront Special Award for players of the EA Reboot of SWBF Special Award for those that play the original SWBF
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
  • Tunngle ID: _PLA-Led
  • Origin ID: plaled
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2015, 08:04:36 AM »

The thing would be to find the folder if it is placed somewhere else (or in a hidden folder)

In your steam game library, find the game and then right click and select "properties" , "local files" "browse local files" to find the game location.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 08:33:34 AM by Led »

Anyder

• Lavish Poster
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2015, 08:41:22 AM »
In your steam game library, find the game and then right click and select "properties" , "local files" "browse local files" to find the game location.
Thanks, i'll add all this to the main post later :cheers:

Norwood

• BOB.ldr.Mirky
  • Walking Dead Campaign Group
  • Frequent Poster
  • Long live the BOBclan!
  • Awards Participated in the ICW5 Special Award for those that play SWBF2 Special Award for those that play the original SWBF ICW4 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Mirky!
    • Awards
  • GR ID: 5151166
  • Steam ID:
  • Tunngle ID: PatriotNorwood
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2015, 08:42:05 AM »
The patched exe will work fine, but I don't think you can use GameMaster's launcher with the Steam version of the game.
Join the BOBclan!
Proud member of the BOBclan since April 16, 2014.

Anyder

• Lavish Poster
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2015, 02:44:52 PM »
The patched exe will work fine, but I don't think you can use GameMaster's launcher with the Steam version of the game.
Using steam or not, u need a swbf2.exe to run the game.
Steam's swbfii version is 1.1 (the one supported by game) so i dont see the prob...

{Alpha} Kiwi

• Frequent Poster
  • Awards Participated in the ICW6 Administrated the ICW6 Administered events in ICW5 Participated in the ICW5 ICW4 Participant ICW2 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Alpha Clan Site
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2015, 03:03:09 PM »
Its in my tutorial if you want to see (its at about 2:30 minutes) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFRcECfV2YI

Dark_Phantom

• The Official Ghost
  • Moderators
  • Advanced Member
  • Awards A member of the winning team of ICW6 Administered events in ICW5 A member of the winning team of ICW5 Special Award for those that play the original SWBF ICW4 Participant Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site ICW3 Participant Recognizes a winner of an Amateur Modding Contest on this site.
    • View Profile
    • The BOBclan
    • Awards
  • PSN: phantom567459
  • Steam ID:
  • Origin ID: phantom567459
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2015, 03:04:32 PM »
The actual folder of most steam games I believe is "Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common" or something like that.  There they are split into the actual games and files which you can switch the exe.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Norwood

• BOB.ldr.Mirky
  • Walking Dead Campaign Group
  • Frequent Poster
  • Long live the BOBclan!
  • Awards Participated in the ICW5 Special Award for those that play SWBF2 Special Award for those that play the original SWBF ICW4 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Mirky!
    • Awards
  • GR ID: 5151166
  • Steam ID:
  • Tunngle ID: PatriotNorwood
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2015, 03:46:12 PM »
Using steam or not, u need a swbf2.exe to run the game.
Steam's swbfii version is 1.1 (the one supported by game) so i dont see the prob...
I think you miss understood me. GameMaster has a "launcher", which will launch any of the games they patch. (In addition to the actual patched exe file.) You can read about it here: http://gameshare.co/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=131
Join the BOBclan!
Proud member of the BOBclan since April 16, 2014.

haynesd98

• Recruit
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2015, 01:11:25 AM »
Im currently running Mac OS X YOSEMITE 10.10.3, before the update my battlefront had worked perfectly, and ive tried replacing the battlefront.exe file on this page but that doesn't fix it, i click on it and the icon will appear and disappear?

im not interested in multiplayer but i just want to play single player?? please help