Requesting Spore Jetpack Model

Started by ETW_Modder, May 27, 2014, 12:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 27, 2014, 12:16:47 PM Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 08:38:01 AM by ETW_Modder
I would like to request a msh model for the Waspen jetpack from Spore pictured here:

Would anyone be willing to make this? Or perhaps saw off the Battledroid's backpack, hm?

May 27, 2014, 08:29:10 PM #1 Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 09:53:00 PM by -RepublicCommando-
I can do it, but I need to know what type of unit to fit the pack to, or else you risk having it
hovering over his back or slightly into his body.

Attached is a picture of the model as it currently stands (not quite finished, but I can't do more until I know what to fit it to)

That is an awesome looking model so far  :tu: I think it should be fitted to the Phase 1 Clone Trooper. Thanks for your work!

I don't mean to double post, but how's it coming along?

Just now exported it. Here you are!
It's got some shadow-volume and a uvmap.tga if you want it re-skinned.
I was going to add a bump map, but I've not done that before (not for swbf, at least), and have to experiment first.

It works just like all the other standard backpack addons, attach it to bone_ribcage in the odfs (if that is a problem, I can also just export it on the unit itself).

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on May 27, 2014, 08:29:10 PM
I can do it, but I need to know what type of unit to fit the pack to, or else you risk having it
hovering over his back or slightly into his body.

Attached is a picture of the model as it currently stands (not quite finished, but I can't do more until I know what to fit it to)
That looks pretty cool.  :tu:
Nothing is written here...