Clone Commando Pack Sereja edition

Started by Sereja, December 11, 2013, 01:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 11, 2013, 01:03:18 PM Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 01:15:40 PM by Sereja
Clone Commando Pack Sereja edition

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1094

This is Republic Commando model & skins.

Source material from Star Wars: Republic Commando video game.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Credits:

Sereja: 3D Final Edition (model remaking & reanimation), specular render effect, shadow and lowrez.
Converted by "-RepublicCommando-"/DarkKnight
-RepublicCommando-: Conversion and optimization, edits.
LucasArts: for SWRC and its source files
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Thank you for fixing these Sereja, you work wonders!

Thank's! :)

I am not sure, but this models, look's very similar, to released by abdyla, on sketchup.google.com. There is a realy huge assets collection, named 3dwarehouse.
Unfortunately, most of them, released in SketchUp (.skp) format, which can't be recognized by XSI :(.

December 11, 2013, 04:05:28 PM #4 Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 04:09:23 PM by -ChristmasCommando-
The ones on abdyla's collection are converted (To SKP via *.DAE Collada format) from the source files in Republic Commando Modding SDK.

I found out how to get the original format to SKP then exported OBJ format that I can open in XSI.
When using downloaded models, you get errors sometimes (vertex bugs), so thats why I converted the originals.

The source files are too detailed for SWBF to handle as well (8k polys, I think?), so I had to reduce alot  :confused:
--
SKP format is a Sketchup Scene file (like Softimage *.scn or *.XSI), and it would have some extra stuff that XSI can't use even if XSI could read SKP files natively.
--
If you want to get Sketchup models into XSI or anything that supports DAE or OBJ (I don't recommend DAE, it goofs up materials and UV maps..), you can export DAE from Sketchup natively, and here is an export plugin for OBJ format:
https://sites.google.com/site/messiaen64/level-importer/ObjExporter.rb?attredirects=0

Have already tossed them ingame and they are awesome.  Thanks so much!
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

December 11, 2013, 05:29:42 PM #6 Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 05:32:15 PM by {TCE}Call-of-Raindeer
AMAZING (Heavenly Music Plays in the Background)

EDIT: where did you get the RC source files
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Quote from: Sereja on December 11, 2013, 03:19:00 PM
Thank's! :)

I am not sure, but this models, look's very similar, to released by abdyla, on sketchup.google.com. There is a realy huge assets collection, named 3dwarehouse.
Unfortunately, most of them, released in SketchUp (.skp) format, which can't be recognized by XSI :(.

You will also find several Gametoaster's models in his collection... They have a thread complaining about how he just posted them without asking them. Kinda like he stole them and didn't give credit to the original authors.

December 11, 2013, 07:33:10 PM #8 Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 07:35:13 PM by -ChristmasCommando-
Yes, and there was a sudden stop in his releases a while back as well, I try to avoid using things from Sketchup warehouse, because things tend to get.. Well, Sketchy. (Forgive the pun)

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Raindeer on December 11, 2013, 05:29:42 PM
where did you get the RC source files
Quote from: -ChristmasCommando- on December 11, 2013, 04:05:28 PM
from the source files in Republic Commando Modding SDK.

Where do you get the SDK? Cut to the chase, Jase ( yes im watching it right now...)
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

When you install Starwars: Republic Commando video game, it should install the SDK in the system folder automatically, otherwise, I think you can get it separately online?..(unrealed.exe, and corresponding folders of assets).

sereja can you convert more models from RC or its illegal?If you can why dont you convert all models from the Geonosis level so we can make one amazing Geonosis map :P :D

Hmm... Thank's for the info... I can't to install Sketchup anyway for now, because haven't enough free space. My PC, have only 153MB for free :).
Quote from: Ginev on December 12, 2013, 12:47:33 AM
sereja can you convert more models from RC or its illegal?If you can why dont you convert all models from the Geonosis level so we can make one amazing Geonosis map :P :D
Yes, it's could be great to have converted Republic Commando assets, but them was converted, by Republic Commando, not by me... I do not have Republic Commando SDK, because, I can't have the original Republic Commando game disc.

I doubt lucas arts would care since they no longer exist. Plus it is a game that no longer makes any kind of large revenue, its not like anyone would bat an eye anyway(especially for a 9 year old game). That's why I like it here, there isn't a big deal being made about it.  :tu: Great job on the release, I was looking for these when one of the mods at gametoast locked his thread. I understood his reason but really it was shame it was taken down. If anyone would be willing to take some  ingame picks, that would be great!
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

December 13, 2013, 04:23:28 PM #14 Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 12:48:24 AM by -RepublicCommando-
edit- It would seem the tools I used no longer can be found on the internet.. Unrealed engine sure locked itself up in a tiny cage that I cannot open..