login

Author Topic: RSS Feed for SWBFGamers?  (Read 454 times)

Gold Man

• Comic Team Moderator and Alpha Clan Retiree
  • This Man Has No Life
  • Just chillin'.
  • Awards Special Award for those that play the original SWBF ICW4 Participant ICW3 Participant Intergalactic Clan War 1 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • PSN: Bronzium
  • Steam ID:
  • Tunngle ID: goldman27
RSS Feed for SWBFGamers?
« on: October 23, 2013, 06:16:34 PM »
Hey guys, today I was browsing some other forums, and found on one of them a feature called "RSS Feed". I know this is used to feed people blog posts and sometimes forum posts, but I wondered, why doesn't SWBFGamers have an RSS Feed? I know there's probably few people that use them, but for some like me, it would be cool to have. That way I don't have to always boot up my laptop, open Chrome, and then login and view unread topics, instead I'd just see them as they come. :P

Anyways, just a suggestion I thought of for the site. If we don't have it for some good reason, that's cool with me. :P

Shoot me a membergroup request if you want to join our Comic Team! :D

Ltin

• Greyscale Trout
  • This Man Has No Life
  • Wololo
  • Awards Special Award for those that play SWBF2 Special Award for those that play the original SWBF ICW4 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: RSS Feed for SWBFGamers?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 06:35:02 PM »
a feed like that is a terrible idea, as you would see every post, and it would clutter up. I tried that once. It didn't work. There is an app called pulse that i believe is able to do this, it should be both ios and android.
However, a feed that displays only stuff in the news section might be useful, as there is a lot of stuff that you have to go through to get to the topics.

tirpider

• Hex-Knife Craftsman
  • Master Modder
  • This Man Has No Life
  • Awards To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month Award for extensive modding contributions and/or donations to TWD Battlefront Releasing Multiple Mods on SWBFgamers.com
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 06:53:40 PM »
Alternatively, you could check the "stay logged in" button and bookmark the following:

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=unread;all;start=0

It will show you all the updated topics since your last visit.

I stopped reading RSS feeds a couple of years ago, as my interests swayed away from the feeds I was following. It turned into a bunch of streams of blog entries and articles I just marked as read and moved on with the day. Eventually I recognized checking the feeds as a literal time waster and just started skipping it. I deleted the cache of articles a couple of months ago, it was like 300mb of "I can't remember why I wanted to know about it."

While I do actively read every thing here, I don't think I would set up an RSS reader just for this site.

RepComm

• Internet Addict
  • Awards Award for extensive modding contributions and/or donations to TWD Battlefront ICW2 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: rccommandotac
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 08:07:19 PM »
Personally, I like it how it is.

Led

• Administrator
  • The Chosen One
  • The 82nd Element
  • Awards Special Award for players of the EA Reboot of SWBF Special Award for those that play the original SWBF
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
  • Tunngle ID: _PLA-Led
  • Origin ID: plaled
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 08:35:45 PM »
Well, I'm not sure how to set one up for this site, so...I guess we go old school :)
Don't believe everything you read on the internet