Naboo: Prototype?

Started by Kit Fisto, September 12, 2013, 11:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So I've recently gotten into the map Naboo: Prototype. According to what I've read this map is what Pandemic tested SWBF on.
But I've only seen if twice in either Battlefront game.
SWBFII= map in the conversion pack 2.0/2.2 (patch). The description says "Map that was used to test SWBFI. This breaks the fourth wall"   I have no clue what that means.

SWBFI= ggtuck ported the SWBFII version of the map and included some vehicles that were in the Convo pack mod for SWBFII.

So my questions are,

If this map was used to test SWBF why isn't there a native SWBFI version. In fact where did the map come from? Did P-Fred have the map? Was it used to test SWBFI or SWBFII? Or both? Does that mean the map was made by professionals? Where are the assets for the map now? Are the vehicles in the SWBFI port vehicles tested in the original battlefront?
And any other questions about the map you know the answer to. :)

As you can see I'm interested in the story behind this map! :happy:

Here is the SWBFI port of Naboo: Prototype converted from the SWBFII conversion pack mod.

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=62

Oh and the map plays WAAAAAY better in SWBFI. :P

Teancum released the source for the SWBFII port he had made I think. So it did originally exist for SWBF1 but Teancum either lost or just didn't keep it after he had ported it.

So who gave Teancum the original SWBFI source?

So the map was made by professionals?
Also what does the SWBFII convo pack description mean? "...It breaks the fourth wall"

Quote from: Kit Fisto on September 13, 2013, 06:52:47 AM
Also what does the SWBFII convo pack description mean? "...It breaks the fourth wall"

Fourth wall on Wikipedia
QuoteThe fourth wall is the imaginary "wall" at the front of the stage in a traditional three-walled box set in a proscenium theatre, through which the audience sees the action in the world of the play.

Breaking the wall means breaking the illusion, revealing the reality of the play to the audience.

Quote from: tirpider on September 13, 2013, 01:06:47 PM
Fourth wall on Wikipedia
Breaking the wall means breaking the illusion, revealing the reality of the play to the audience.
Ah. I don't really see how this breaks the fourth wall but  :shrug:

So why doesn't someone email P-Fred asking for the SWBFI source so that we can get the version that was made by the developers?

September 13, 2013, 06:14:48 PM #5 Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 10:24:39 AM by -RepublicCommando-
Quote from: Kit Fisto on September 13, 2013, 05:48:06 PM

So why doesn't someone email P-Fred asking for the SWBFI source so that we can get the version that was made by the developers?
Good idea -hehehe

Quote from: Kit Fisto on September 13, 2013, 05:48:06 PM

There won't be much difference aside from vehicle placements and the like. Is it really worth bothering him?

So I sent an e-mail to Fred asking for the SWBFI source, and he replied with a download link in less than a day! :ohmy:

So I have downloaded it but there seems to be a few issues.

I know I can fix one but there are a lot of munge error's that I have no clue what to do.  :slap:

So my question is, who would like to work with me to get this map 100% working with no problems in SWBFI?

I can do the mission.lvl bug (no AI will spawn at the moment) and I would love to learn how to get the minimap to look like SWBFI style minimaps.

Who will join me in making this map (made by professionals!) into SWBFI like it was meant to be!

Link to source (Thank You Fred!): http://www.secretsociety.com/forum/downloads/Psych0%20Projects/Maps/Datanabproto.zip

Cool!! I'll help however I can.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

September 14, 2013, 10:21:49 AM #10 Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 10:31:03 AM by -RepublicCommando-
Booyeah, lets do it.
Thank you Fred!
- What the heck is HashTreeOfDir.exe?..
Apparently it has something to do with the hex format auto assigned digit names when weapons aren't localized? I wonder if cheat engine could manipulate it, I'm a little rusty, so I do not recall.

wait so if its the data file in the BFBuilder doesn't that mean that we can just munge it into BF1 just thinkin out loud hear.
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on September 14, 2013, 10:42:01 AM
wait so if its the data file in the BFBuilder doesn't that mean that we can just munge it into BF1 just thinkin out loud hear.

No, SWBF2 operates a lot different than SWBF1. It would just crash.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Kit Fisto on September 14, 2013, 07:02:05 AM
So my question is, who would like to work with me to get this map 100% working with no problems in SWBFI?

I can do the mission.lvl bug (no AI will spawn at the moment) and I would love to learn how to get the minimap to look like SWBFI style minimaps.

I can help you fix the minimap :)

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on September 14, 2013, 10:21:49 AM
Booyeah, lets do it.
Thank you Fred!
- What the heck is HashTreeOfDir.exe?..
Apparently it has something to do with the hex format auto assigned digit names when weapons aren't localized? I wonder if cheat engine could manipulate it, I'm a little rusty, so I do not recall.

I'm not even certain that HashTreeOfDir.exe is affecting the lvl. People use hashes of numbers and files for a couple of reasons.

A hash is typically a shorter way ti uniquely identify a file, and it can also be used in comparisons to identify whether a file has changed.

I wouldn't spend a lot of time figuring out why it's there. He probably just left it there by accident.