login

Author Topic: [WIP]..Forever (Maps/mods showcase)  (Read 6739 times)

Sereja

• Master Modder
  • This Man Has No Life
  • Waiting for medal.
  • Awards Award for extensive modding contributions and/or donations to TWD Battlefront Recognizes an exceptional artist on this site. Halloween Modding Contest 2012 To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month Releasing Multiple Mods on SWBFgamers.com
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [WIP]..Forever (Maps/mods showcase)
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2013, 02:06:16 PM »
Some cut out test scene, from my BF2 Kashyyyk conversion map:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Unfortunately, those cable, in some reason, works incorrect at Kashyyyk, and realy stay useless...
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Hail to the Ukraine!  :mf:

RepComm

• Walking Dead Campaign Group
  • Internet Addict
  • Awards Award for extensive modding contributions and/or donations to TWD Battlefront ICW2 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: rccommandotac
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2013, 02:23:25 PM »
Unfortunately, those cable, in some reason, works incorrect at Kashyyyk, and really stay useless...
That would be magnificent!
It's too bad.. I really enjoy tripping those silly walkers, so clumsy.
JSchMEe - A (wip) swbf 3d model library in Java
Forum Topic
GitHub

Kit Fisto

• That one guy who used to be around more often
  • Lavish Poster
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2013, 05:58:13 PM »
Unfortunately, those cable, in some reason, works incorrect at Kashyyyk, and realy stay useless...
That is a brilliant idea! I hope you can get it to work as that would be so amazing to fly that thing and tow the walkers. Such an awesome idea! :o
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/kitfisto15678

Snake

• So little free time, so much to mod..
  • Moderators
  • Internet Addict
  • "Play to win, not to not lose"
  • Awards Special Award for players of the EA Reboot of SWBF Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site Special Award for those that play the original SWBF To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month Intergalactic Clan War 1 Participant Releasing Multiple Mods on SWBFgamers.com
    • View Profile
    • =AaTc=
    • Awards
  • PSN: Octa-king
  • Tunngle ID: aatcsnake
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2013, 01:39:25 PM »
Make sure you have this in your .lua:

SetMemoryPoolSize("OrdnanceTowCable", 8) -- need extra for wrapped/fallen cables

=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

RepComm

• Internet Addict
  • Awards Award for extensive modding contributions and/or donations to TWD Battlefront ICW2 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2013, 01:48:27 PM »
I know its off topic, but is the tow cable geometry (the black wire thing, which I think the shape is controlled by the exe) able to have a texture map? I think the black colour is just the default no texture bug.
Forum Topic
GitHub

MileHighGuy

• SWBF1 Modder
  • Master Modder
  • Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2013, 02:28:37 PM »
No, the tow cable has a texture. It is the grappling hook that doesn't have a texture. I really want to find what that is.

Sereja

• Master Modder
  • This Man Has No Life
  • Waiting for medal.
  • Awards Award for extensive modding contributions and/or donations to TWD Battlefront Recognizes an exceptional artist on this site. Halloween Modding Contest 2012 To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month Releasing Multiple Mods on SWBFgamers.com
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2013, 04:05:23 PM »
The cable has texture? Interesting. I didn't found any line, responsible for that... :confused:
Well, my problem, with cable - walker cable targetable collision, not the cable itself. If you ever try to make few laps around spider walker, you also may find this bug.

MileHighGuy

• SWBF1 Modder
  • Master Modder
  • Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2013, 04:16:56 PM »
maybe there is some hardpoints or collision in the at-st or at-at models made for that purpose. have you looked in them?

Sereja

• Master Modder
  • This Man Has No Life
  • Waiting for medal.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2013, 05:14:12 PM »
maybe there is some hardpoints or collision in the at-st or at-at models made for that purpose. have you looked in them?
Sure, any collision can be targetable for cable. There is special lines for that in odf like this:
Code: [Select]
TowCableCollision = "p_front_left_thigh 0.36 0.0 1.06"The problem is - collisions just dissapear on some legs, and cable loose the target. I found some solvation for AT-AT, (it should be loaded from the game memory bank, like this:
ReadDataFile("SIDE\\imp.lvl",
"imp_walk_atat");
or from the custom side folder.
ReadDataFile("dc:SIDE\\imp.lvl", "imp_walk_atat");But If both lines activated at ones - cable collision will be lost  :blink:
Unfortunately, for any other walkers, this trick, not works, and their legs, loose collision anyway.

RepComm

• Internet Addict
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2013, 05:19:58 PM »
That is too bad.. I wonder what the difference is between the grappling gun and tow cable are.. Grappling gun seems to target any collision (Never attempted with primitives)..
Forum Topic
GitHub

MileHighGuy

• SWBF1 Modder
  • Master Modder
  • Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2013, 06:53:29 PM »
I don't think they are too similar. And the grappling gun doesn't target terrain.

Sereja

• Master Modder
  • This Man Has No Life
  • Waiting for medal.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2014, 11:22:59 PM »
Well, here another pics of my WIP project, and I think, it's realy "cool", matby even cold or freezed... it's a Polar Express.

Unit 33

• Co-Admin
  • Lavish Poster
  • EA SHILL
  • Awards Award for extensive modding contributions and/or donations to TWD Battlefront Participated in the ICW5 Special Award for those that play the original SWBF ICW4 Participant ICW3 Participant Recognizes an exceptional artist on this site. To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month ICW2 Participant Intergalactic Clan War 1 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • GR ID: 287863
  • PSN: Ansifen
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2014, 04:27:05 AM »
Well, here another pics of my WIP project, and I think, it's realy "cool", matby even cold or freezed... it's a Polar Express.

WOAH!

I may not be a fan of the creepy faces in that film, but you've got the great set design down to a T!

Great stuff!

Sereja

• Master Modder
  • This Man Has No Life
  • Waiting for medal.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2014, 05:21:53 AM »
WOAH!

I may not be a fan of the creepy faces in that film, but you've got the great set design down to a T!

Great stuff!

Thank's! :)
Well, this map, may works with stock sides in GCW era, and creepy custom, as alternative. I just have to found any early 20th century units, and put there everything, what I found in my PC. In original film, except kids, friendly ghost and counductor, nobody was there, so I have to improvise...

Gold Man

• Comic Team Moderator and Alpha Clan Retiree
  • This Man Has No Life
  • Just chillin'.
  • Awards Special Award for those that play the original SWBF ICW4 Participant ICW3 Participant Intergalactic Clan War 1 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • PSN: Bronzium
  • Steam ID:
  • Tunngle ID: goldman27
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2014, 09:25:23 AM »
That looks like an AWESOME modmap, Sereja! I'd play that in a heartbeat! :o

Shoot me a membergroup request if you want to join our Comic Team! :D