Over 100 Star Wars Battlefront I Concept Art and Production Images

Started by Kit Fisto, May 16, 2013, 09:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
As I was looking around Gametoast I came across a nice little topic that had a link to where I could download some SWBFI Concept art and production art.

Little did I know that this would include OVER 100 images of SWBFI in its various stages of production.

It even has names of people who created the things you see in the image. Including Psych0fred!

It doesn't matter if you mod this game or not, it's just fun to look through the various images. I strongly suggest you download it and take a look at the cool images that this has. They really are awesome. I have decided to host just the SWBFI pictures (since the original download had other games) to make it easier for you all.

Unfortunately I could only compress it on my Mac, which means that if your on a PC and decompress the .zip file you will see random junk. Pay no attention to that stuff, once you see a folder named "Battlefront Images" and there are folders, pictures and a README in there your at the right place.

Here is the README
[spoiler]README

ALL credits go to Darth D.U.C.K. These are not mine and I only uploaded them to give just the Battlefront I images.

See this link for more information and Darth D.U.C.K.'s release thread:
http://gametoast.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=28736

-Kit Fisto
[/spoiler]

MY DOWNLOAD LINK 71.04 MB (includes only SWBFI images, but it was compressed on a Mac so you might have trouble after decompressing): http://www.mediafire.com/?x5ioi7llrniddj8

DARTH D.U.C.K.'S DOWNLOAD LINK 158.79 MB (includes images from Battlefront 1, 1313, and Battle for Naboo): http://www.mediafire.com/?fgtc30nf8apmvav

Once again, if you play SWBFI and don't mod these images are still fun to look at. Thank you Darth D.U.C.K.!

Oh you don't believe its that cool? Tell me these couple pictures don't look awesome!

One of the alternate game menus you see in this collection of images.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Concept art for Tatooine: Dune Sea
[spoiler][/spoiler]

What's this? SWBFII maps that were made for SWBFI!?
[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Downloaded and viewed nearly all the images (I skipped a few of the vehicle ones). I must say, half that stuff I had no idea was planned for the game! Psych0Fred's Venator work was really epic though, and a lot of the models he made for the game seemed really epic. That entire file is like a reference book for any SWBF modder, and who knows, maybe someone can make the Rebel's Hovernaut? :D

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on May 17, 2013, 08:19:44 AM
Downloaded and viewed nearly all the images (I skipped a few of the vehicle ones). I must say, half that stuff I had no idea was planned for the game! Psych0Fred's Venator work was really epic though, and a lot of the models he made for the game seemed really epic. That entire file is like a reference book for any SWBF modder, and who knows, maybe someone can make the Rebel's Hovernaut? :D

Hovernaut was included in Psych0Fred's assets on his website.  Phobos recreated it and nearly perfected it.  Here is the link:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=621
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Huh I've never noticed it before, but there's a mistake in the Bespin Platforms art:

Tiny Tie Fighter or massive Cloud Car?

Quote from: UNIT 33 on May 17, 2013, 10:09:17 AM
Huh I've never noticed it before, but there's a mistake in the Bespin Platforms art:

Tiny Tie Fighter or massive Cloud Car?
LOL. Must make giant cloud car and tiny tie fighter! :pirate:

I dunno, maybe it's just the view, like on all car mirrors: Objects in mirror are closer than they appear. :P

Also, found some really cool model designs and stuff in the photos, I would put them up, but I don't feel like spoiling the surprises that are in the download. :P

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on May 17, 2013, 08:19:44 AM
maybe someone can make the Rebel's Hovernaut? :D

[spoiler][/spoiler]
I remember playing a couple mods or maps with that vehicle ingame.

I told you guys the images are good! ;)