Majin Revan maps

Started by Kit Fisto, April 14, 2013, 02:51:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 14, 2013, 02:51:19 PM Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 03:10:07 PM by Kit Fisto
As you may have noticed I just uploaded almost all of Majin Revan's most current maps. All except 2. These 2 are not on this site yet. I couldn't upload them due to the size limit HostGator has placed on us.
Could someone please upload them here? I can make a description for the uploader so all they have to do is copy and paste. Here are the 2 files:

http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/file/Kashyyyk_Shores;47010

http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/file/Myrkr_Show_of_Force;45966

Please let me know if an admin is going to upload these so that I can create the description for them.

EDIT: Here are the descriptions since they don't take me that long to do...

Kashyyyk map start below:

Mirrored from filefront
Pictures hosted on filefront

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

README

Made by: Majin Revan
Forums: http://s9.invisionfree.com/Majin_Revan_Forums/index.php?act=idx (Go here and register please!!)

Installation:

Run the self-extractor.

Uninstallation:

Remove KasS from GameData\AddOn folder.

Description:

Well, this is my Kashyyyk: Shores (Version 3.0 Size Reduction) map.
This map has been COMPLETELY redone. Many might faint by seeing what I have done to this map.
It takes places in a sea of Kashyyyk with islands and a Wookiee village on one of the islands.

Here's what has changed since the last version:

* The MAF has been renamed to MAF, as it isn't the same thing as the HMP Droid Gunship.
* The STAP has a fast speed, as it should.
* The map has been turned dark, and there is lightning and cloudy skies.
* The bot routes, most barriers, and hintnodes have all been painstakingly redone.
* The AAT rocks! It has four passenger slots, as it should, with the correct weapons!
* The IAAT is no longer a prototype, as the GCW Era is now the Post-GCW Era. It has been fixed like the AAT.
* The TX-130S and TX-130T have three passenger slots each now, as they should.
* The sky now has flying objects.
* Every weapon, vehicle, soldier class, soldier name, vehicle name, and weapon name have been corrected and fixed. You will find TONS of fixes.
* The whole map has been tested many times and no found errors remain. TONS of stuff has been redone!
* This map is no longer the same.
* The size of the map is smaller.
* Commander Gree is on the battlefield.
* A new movie has been added.
* So much stuff has been redone that I have probably left out stuff that could fit in another list that is double this size.
* DooFi did the following skins:

- Commander Gree
     - ILAAT/i
     - Imperial Waveskimmer Transport
     - Republic 41st Elite Corps. Soldier
     - Republic Clone Commando
     - Republic Clone Trooper Pilot (RotS)
     - Republic Prototype TIE Fighter
     - Republic Waveskimmer Transport
     - Vulture Droid Starfighter

A BIG shout out to DooFi, Qdin, and Delta_57_Dash for the work they did on this map.
DooFi's skins can be found at every corner of my map, every Republic soldier has a skin of DooFi's! He rocks!!
Qdin modelled the Republic Clone Commando weapons (except for the Sonic Detonators). That was some hard work! It took a while, but rocks!
Delta_57_Dash made the ODF files for Qdin's weapons. I hadn't felt like doing them (but I had to make large changes to the rifle and sniper ones).

This map could have never been created without L-5-R's and Saturn_V_SWBF's help.
I used Saturn_V_SWBF's TIE Interceptor
I also used L-5-R's T-21 Light Repeating Blaster model.
Also, I cannot forget my loyal testers CloneWarrior90/Revan, Delta_57_Dash, and DooFi.
I added an underwater sunken Wookiee village for him as well.
Thanks, you guys!!

First things first, an apology for how bad the distance range is.
I had to lower it and lower it more so the game wouldn't crash.
You may still experience crashes because of the whole map being filled with water.
Try lowering settings too if needed. It does not crash for me!
Sometimes it is just a typical SWBF crash. Many shipped and user-made maps do this.

The map takes place on Kashyyyk and it can be played in both Eras.
There is a ton of water, so slower computers may experience lag.

CW Era Story- The CIS is attacking Kashyyyk in order to enslave them.
The Republic has forged an alliance with the Wookiees and are trying their best to stop the CIS.
This was kind of supposed to parallel the Battle of Kashyyyk in RotS.

Post-GCW Era Story- The Rebel Alliance has allied with the Wookiees.
Kashyyyk, an Imperial-held world, is struggling for freedom from the Empire.
The Wookiees have joined the Rebel Alliance in this battle.
The Empire is trying to stop the Rebel Alliance from liberating Kashyyyk.

One might think that too many Wookiess spawn, but think, this is the Wookiee homeworld.

Special Thanks:

Thank you, my testers:

CloneWarrior90/Revan
Delta_57_Dash
DooFi

Thank you, for helping:

DooFi
Qdin
Delta_57_Dash
TK-8252
Psych0fred
And Others

Glitches:

For the Galactic Civil War, it should say Post-GCW Era, but it doesn't, I tried to fix it.

Legal Stuff:

THIS LEVEL IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD.  ELEMENTS TM & (C) LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD.

Myrkr start below

Mirrored from filefront
Pictures hosted on filefront

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

README

Made by: Majin Revan
Forums: http://s9.invisionfree.com/Majin_Revan_Forums/index.php?act=idx (Go here and register please!!)

Installation:

Place MyrSF folder in GameData\AddOn folder.

Uninstallation:

Remove MyrSF from GameData\AddOn folder.

Description:

O.K., this is Myrkr: Show of Force (Version 2.1 Size Reduction).
I basically deleted useless files and added tiny things in (Force powers and their sounds, skin changes, bug fixes).
I also decided to remove Darth Vader and put Grand Admiral Thrawn in instead.
Also, this takes place after the movies suring the time of the Imperial Remnant and the New Republic.

Here is last version's README file:

This is a major update.

Here is a list of new features:

* Every vehicle can be used by any team (besides mobile command posts).
* The Rebel Bothan Spy has made it into this map as well.
* There is a new vehicle, the Rebel Bothan Spy Speeder. The main weapons are Stouker Concussion Rifles. The secondary weapon is the Modified TB-47 Time Bomb. The gunner's weapon is the Repulsor Cannon, kind of like a Force Push.
* Bot routes have been streamlined.
* Barriers have been fixed.
* Some floating objects have been placed on the ground.
* New spawn points.
* There are TIE Fighters and T-65 X-wings soraing through the sky. There are exactly 72 TIE Fighters and 120 T-65 X-wings.
* The map has been streamlined overall.

This map could have never been created without L-5-R's and Saturn_V_SWBF's help.
-=RedKitten=-, thanks a lot for testing!!
General Mobo, you caused this map to be created!! You wanted a map with AT-AT's versus AT-TE's.
TK-8252 also helped a ton!! He gave me the correct names of every weapon...
The new T-21 Light Repeating Blaster that the Imperial Phase II Dark Trooper uses was created by L-5-R!!
Also, CGArtist, I used one of your skies. It is beautiful. Thanks for creating such a sky!! I love it!!]
Psych0fred, thanks for creating the Rebel Bothan Spy!
Thanks, you guys!!

The map takes place on Myrkr and it can be played in the GCW Era.
There are eight walkers, so slower computers may get lag...

GCW Era Story- The Rebels and Imperials clash on Myrkr, a planet full of life and only inhabited by colonists.
The Myrkr Independent Colonists do not want to have their peaceful planet to be involved in the war between the Rebel Alliance and the Galactic Empire.
They will fight against both sides to keep them out!! Beware of them, they are bloodthirsty!!
The Rebel Alliance is testing three new vehicles here. One is the new Liberator-class AT-TE. Another is the 74-Z Speederbike (Sniper Variation). The last vehicle is the Rebel Bothan Spy Speeder.
This is the ultimate battle between AT-AT's and AT-TE's.

Special Thanks:

Thank you, my tester:

-=RedKitten=-

Thank you, for helping:

Jedi Master L-5-R
TK-8252
Saturn_V_SWBF
Psych0fred
General Mobo
And Others

Glitches:

The radar image is a bit off. I can never get it quite right. You all must have noticed this in all of my maps...

Legal Stuff:

THIS LEVEL IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD.  ELEMENTS TM & (C) LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD.