login

Author Topic: Jet Wars Campaign Mod v1.0  (Read 7992 times)

Phobos

• Poodoo
  • The Chosen One
  • Awards Shotgun Tournament 1st Place Award for extensive modding contributions and/or donations to TWD Battlefront Special Award for those that play the original SWBF To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month LeaderBoard 1 organized by GDH92 and ComSharpshot T.1 1v1 Tournament 1st Place organized by SleepKiller Releasing Multiple Mods on SWBFgamers.com Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site Special Award for those that play SWBF2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Jet Wars Campaign Mod v1.0
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2013, 08:52:05 AM »
Seems to be hard-coded, yet it only happens sometimes.  You could play one game for hours looking, and in the next you only get a certain time.
Maybe it has something to do with SetHistorical() ?
In the ifs_sp script for the campaigns there is this:
ScriptCB_SetHistoricalRulesOn(1)

instant action has
ScriptCB_SetHistoricalRulesOn(nil)

I dont know if that is the cause but I'll look into it.

Shazam

• [FC]
  • Master Modder
  • This Man Has No Life
  • Awards Administered events in ICW5 A member of the winning team of ICW5 Special Award for those that play the original SWBF ICW4 Participant ICW3 Participant ICW2 Participant Intergalactic Clan War 1 Participant A member of the winning team of ICW6
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2013, 05:37:41 PM »
This sounds amazing! For some reason my game freezes up before I can start the campaign, though. I have downloaded and installed the mod twice, and I followed the readme exactly. It freezes when I go into the Jet Wars Campaign and hit "launch" to start the first mission. Am I doing something wrong?

Snake

• So little free time, so much to mod..
  • Moderators
  • Internet Addict
  • "Play to win, not to not lose"
  • Awards Special Award for players of the EA Reboot of SWBF Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site Special Award for those that play the original SWBF To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month Intergalactic Clan War 1 Participant Releasing Multiple Mods on SWBFgamers.com
    • View Profile
    • =AaTc=
    • Awards
  • PSN: Octa-king
  • Tunngle ID: aatcsnake
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2013, 06:09:21 PM »
There's a part between missions where it stops and I have to click once for it to go to the next mission, maybe that's it?
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Kit Fisto

• That one guy who used to be around more often
  • Lavish Poster
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2013, 07:55:55 PM »
I've submitted Jet Wars Campaign to Filefront in ZIP format the download is 75mB I'll post the link here once its approved.
Just letting you know it will be up in about a month. Files only go up like every month and one just went up, so check there in a while. ;)
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/kitfisto15678

Phobos

• Poodoo
  • The Chosen One
  • Awards Shotgun Tournament 1st Place Award for extensive modding contributions and/or donations to TWD Battlefront Special Award for those that play the original SWBF To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month LeaderBoard 1 organized by GDH92 and ComSharpshot T.1 1v1 Tournament 1st Place organized by SleepKiller Releasing Multiple Mods on SWBFgamers.com Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site Special Award for those that play SWBF2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2013, 01:11:26 AM »
This sounds amazing! For some reason my game freezes up before I can start the campaign, though. I have downloaded and installed the mod twice, and I followed the readme exactly. It freezes when I go into the Jet Wars Campaign and hit "launch" to start the first mission. Am I doing something wrong?
Not sure, if its crashing on the first mission maybe you didn't copy in the new mission LVL.

Black Water

• {212}
  • This Man Has No Life
  • Awards Participated in the ICW5 ICW3 Winner ICW2 Participant Intergalactic Clan War 1 Participant
    • View Profile
    • 212th Site
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2013, 04:30:02 AM »
Maybe click space? mine freezes but I press space. Took me a couple of hours to get to level 9. Tk was on... :D

Shazam

• [FC]
  • Master Modder
  • This Man Has No Life
  • Awards Administered events in ICW5 A member of the winning team of ICW5 Special Award for those that play the original SWBF ICW4 Participant ICW3 Participant ICW2 Participant Intergalactic Clan War 1 Participant A member of the winning team of ICW6
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2013, 04:23:56 PM »
Not sure, if its crashing on the first mission maybe you didn't copy in the new mission LVL.

I correctly installed the mod twice (with the mission LVL) so I think it has something to do with a different modded file.

What other files does the campaign read in order to start? I have modded worlds, core.lvl, common.lvl, sides, the list goes on... All of my mods work in MP and are OC, so I'm not sure how it would effect the campaign, but its the only thing I can think of that could be causing this.

Maybe click space? mine freezes but I press space. Took me a couple of hours to get to level 9. Tk was on... :D
I don't see how that would help, but I guess it's worth a shot. I'll try it when I get home, maybe that will start it.

Dark_Phantom

• The Official Ghost
  • Moderators
  • Advanced Member
  • Awards A member of the winning team of ICW6 Administered events in ICW5 A member of the winning team of ICW5 Special Award for those that play the original SWBF ICW4 Participant Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site ICW3 Participant Recognizes a winner of an Amateur Modding Contest on this site.
    • View Profile
    • The BOBclan
    • Awards
  • PSN: phantom567459
  • Steam ID:
  • Origin ID: phantom567459
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2013, 06:45:20 PM »
Yes! I beat it in 2 days.  I would feel better about it if on the last level the Warlord hadn't died as I was getting his health down (I killed everyone else... even that bothersome Sith Lord  :happy: )
Did anyone else have to get over 100 kills (sometimes upwards of 150) to even have a chance on Medium?  Even with bleed it was like "Do these guys ever end?!?  Will I win?"  I can't wait to try it on Hard  :o
Great, challenging mod  8)
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Arež

• [FC]
  • Frequent Poster
  • Awards Shotgun Tournament 4th place ICW2 Tournament Winner LeaderBoard 1 organized by GDH92 and ComSharpshot Intergalactic Clan War 1 winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2013, 08:11:17 PM »
Thank you, glad you enjoy it  8) Yea 6-10 are some very fun and challenging levels

RepComm

• Internet Addict
  • Awards Award for extensive modding contributions and/or donations to TWD Battlefront ICW2 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: rccommandotac
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2013, 08:16:14 PM »
Wow, I got time to play it this after noon, pretty frickin' awesome you guys...

Very good mod indeed.

Phobos

• Poodoo
  • The Chosen One
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2013, 06:48:22 AM »
I correctly installed the mod twice (with the mission LVL) so I think it has something to do with a different modded file.

What other files does the campaign read in order to start? I have modded worlds, core.lvl, common.lvl, sides, the list goes on... All of my mods work in MP and are OC, so I'm not sure how it would effect the campaign, but its the only thing I can think of that could be causing this.
I don't see how that would help, but I guess it's worth a shot. I'll try it when I get home, maybe that will start it.

It uses a modified core, mission, and shell, along with all the files in JWC folder (which needs to be in LVL PC). Any of these files not present would cause a crash most likely.

-=(212) Nixo=-

• The Original
  • Advanced Member
  • Awards Participated in the ICW5 SWBF LeaderBoards 2-third ICW4 Participant ICW3 Winner ICW2 Participant Intergalactic Clan War 1 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2013, 01:37:57 PM »
Yeah, just tried it myself, nice job! @Shazam, like snake said, the only way to start the map is to press the mouse or press a button on your keyboard. There is no freeze either you just need to press the button and it should give you another option to start straight away :)

Shazam

• [FC]
  • Master Modder
  • This Man Has No Life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2013, 11:32:15 AM »
I got the campaign to work and I played through it today. It's so much better than the stock campaign that the game has. I especially liked the "last stand" type levels where you are the lone person on your team.

Even though the little competition is over, I want to post my level 10 scores. :) I played through it twice, both times on hard difficulty. The first time I played only 16 AI spawned, though.

First time through:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Second time:

The only thing negative I have to say about the mod is that the AI don't shoot back sometimes on level 10 and they all swarm the middle CP after a while, but I don't think that can really be changed, so very good job. :tu:

-edit: Oh, and by the way, I got the campaign to fix by downloading the stock worlds that were in the campaign. For some reason my Hoth was causing the campaign not to start.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 11:34:34 AM by Shazam »

Gold Man

• Comic Team Moderator and Alpha Clan Retiree
  • This Man Has No Life
  • Just chillin'.
  • Awards Special Award for those that play the original SWBF ICW4 Participant ICW3 Participant Intergalactic Clan War 1 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • PSN: Bronzium
  • Steam ID:
  • Tunngle ID: goldman27
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2013, 01:42:31 PM »
I finally got this campaign to work earlier today. Although I've been busy doing other things, I'm right around Level 8 at the moment (I'l get back to it hopefully after supper), and I must say, LOVE this campaign! First time I've played SWBF with a "boss-like" character to defeat. So far Yavin (Level 7) is the toughest one I've played yet. I think the AI are also a bit harder in the campaign than they ever are. I always play medium, though I noticed a jet do a fly-by grenade to me on Mos. I think the boss AI are hard too, and not just the health. When they see you they will literally fly after you (within a certain distance). I'm lookin' forward to Level 10, so pumped!

Shoot me a membergroup request if you want to join our Comic Team! :D

Sereja

• Master Modder
  • This Man Has No Life
  • Waiting for medal.
  • Awards Award for extensive modding contributions and/or donations to TWD Battlefront Recognizes an exceptional artist on this site. Halloween Modding Contest 2012 To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month Releasing Multiple Mods on SWBFgamers.com
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2013, 07:14:28 AM »
Very funny, mod, with lot of new abilities. Specialy, I like "hunt missions" :D.
Unfortunately, I did not spot any "bosses", but on the last level, enemy AI, become realy more stronger for gunshots... Well, maybe they are was a bosses after all... Probably, I have to look more carefully, who exactly am I shooting :P. That's how the jet sides looks: all of them, are funcy rainbow colored, so I just do not realy remember, who of them are enemy, and who are friends, and when rifle was in my character hands, probably lot of friends are die...
 Oh, and of'course the voice!  :tu: In some reason, it reminds me, Admiral Ackbar voice :D.
Well, some bugs, I found:
1. Blueprint theme, from "Instant action" (planet movie show), is dissapear.
2. Probably count of letters, for mission breef, is limited, so it's just cuted off.
3. Dantooine map, have a bug: near CP, with big letter "D", AI, may path thrue the walls, and stay there, so capturing those CP, is impossible, just like to kill AI.
4. Yes, the game, have very wise ability, to kill AI "campers". This happens for all maps, if the any AI infantry not move, during some time, I guess...
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Hail to the Ukraine!  :mf: