Author Topic: New Rule about Radar Discussions  (Read 4196 times)

Led

• Administrator
  • The Chosen One
  • The 82nd Element
  • Awards Special Award for players of the EA's SWBF (2015) Special Award for those that play the original SWBF
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
  • Tunngle ID: _PLA-Led
  • Origin ID: plaled
New Rule about Radar Discussions
« on: February 24, 2013, 10:10:48 PM »
Hear ye, Hear ye!

Radar is an advantage to those that use it.

In matches, I think all players should make an agreement and stick to it.  Either available for all, or available to none.

However, I also think that some people can not be bothered to disable radar for the occasions when they are asked.  I think that this is a shame, but it is something we must accept.

There are tournament maps that can be made secure.  If you want your tournament to be no radar, this community can make the mod for it.  At this point, no one left can't install a mod map.  This is your only sure option to make sure that people don't use radar.

Another perhaps less fun option is to just not play with people that you know use radar.

I have asked that one public PLA server be left for people that do not use radar.  I hope that everyone follows that wish.  There is a fun aspect to the game when you don't know what is around every corner that gets taken away by half the players using radar.

These are our options.

Any more posts about complaining about radar--one way or another--will be deleted.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Phobos

• Poodoo
  • Just Registered
  • Awards Shotgun Tournament 1st Place Award for extensive modding contributions and/or donations to TWD Battlefront Special Award for those that play the original SWBF To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month LeaderBoard 1 organized by GDH92 and ComSharpshot T.1 1v1 Tournament 1st Place organized by SleepKiller Releasing Multiple Mods on SWBFgamers.com Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site Special Award for those that play SWBF2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: New Rule about Radar Discussions
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 10:17:17 PM »
Fair enough, if someone wishes to discuss the ethics of radar and such then PM me. There is no reason to bloat the forum with these discussions.

There are tournament maps that can be made secure.  If you want your tournament to be no radar, this community can make the mod for it.  At this point, no one left can't install a mod map.  This is your only sure option to make sure that people don't use radar.

I'd also like to point out that tournament maps can also be modded so that everyone has radar. These decisions are up to the tournament host.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 10:22:38 PM by Phobos »

D4R|< $1D3

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 05:31:00 PM »
Radar/UAV hack. Led is right about it sounds fair.

Black Water

• {212}
  • This Man Has No Life
  • Awards Participated in the ICW5 ICW3 Winner ICW2 Participant Intergalactic Clan War 1 Participant
    • View Profile
    • 212th Site
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 02:36:33 PM »
So can someone make a no radar mod map for Mos, Rhen ver or CC? I think Sleepkiller's only has ten tickets. My last request didn't go so well....

Led

• Administrator
  • The Chosen One
  • The 82nd Element
  • Awards Special Award for players of the EA's SWBF (2015) Special Award for those that play the original SWBF
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 03:48:24 PM »
So can someone make a no radar mod map for Mos, Rhen ver or CC? I think Sleepkiller's only has ten tickets. My last request didn't go so well....

The tickets can be adjusted.  It's only 10 for the tournament.

I will ask SK if we can use his sides for the other maps.

The real issue is to make sure that no one can use their personal sides on the maps--i.e. they have to use the ones that come with the map.

RepComm

• Internet Addict
  • Yeah, I painted that!
  • Awards Award for extensive modding contributions and/or donations to TWD Battlefront ICW2 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 05:27:23 PM »
The real issue is to make sure that no one can use their personal sides on the maps--i.e. they have to use the ones that come with the map.

And make sure they have some ODF changed in some way, so that they can't just replace the maps sides (atleast without knowing the changes to that 1 ODF file)

I once got a map that had it's own sides, but I just replaced the sides that were in it's own side folder, and I could play with whatever mod I wanted, hopefully this isn't possible in the new maps.

codergames

• View Profile
    • Shmups, PC and Flash games.
    • Awards
  • Tunngle ID: codergames
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2015, 01:44:44 AM »
Radar is the mini map, right?
I'm ~PFA~ Lord Satan, I love killing you on the battlefront and then devouring your souls for eternity :o

I'm a part of Lord Majesty's skillful clan of leaders.

{PLA}gdh92

• {PLA}
  • This Man Has No Life
  • Awards Participated in the ICW6 Participated in the ICW5 Special Award for those that play the original SWBF ICW4 Participant Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site Just for Gdh, because he is awesome. ICW3 Participant ICW2 Participant Intergalactic Clan War 1 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2015, 04:24:02 AM »
Radar is a mod that displays the enemy on the minimap all the time. It means you can always find the enemy. Some players use it as they say it improves skill and fighting others say that it's a cheat as the game wasn't designed that way.

It caused alot of arguments so now it's 'don't ask don't tell '.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

codergames

• View Profile
    • Shmups, PC and Flash games.
    • Awards
  • Tunngle ID: codergames
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2015, 05:00:07 AM »
Give me the mod.
I'm ~PFA~ Lord Satan, I love killing you on the battlefront and then devouring your souls for eternity :o

I'm a part of Lord Majesty's skillful clan of leaders.

Anyder

• SWBFSpy Manager
  • Community Ambassador
  • Lavish Poster
  • Awards DET1-admin To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month SWBF LeaderBoards 2-first ICW4 Winner A member of the winning team of ICW6 Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site Special Award for players of the EA's SWBF (2015)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
  • Origin ID: AnyderMotionless
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2015, 05:13:03 AM »
Give me the mod.
U can make it yourself or ask your beloved "Lord Majesty Hacker" to make it  :cheers:
| SWBFSpy Manager | Community Ambassador | communityambassador@swbfgamers.com

| WhatsApp: +34 602 67 61 20

SWBFSpy Info Website: http://info.swbfspy.com

Black Water

• {212}
  • This Man Has No Life
  • Awards Participated in the ICW5 ICW3 Winner ICW2 Participant Intergalactic Clan War 1 Participant
    • View Profile
    • 212th Site
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2015, 05:39:13 AM »
Radar is a mod that displays the enemy on the minimap all the time. It means you can always find the enemy. Some players use it as they say it improves skill and fighting others say that it's a cheat as the game wasn't designed that way.

It caused alot of arguments so now it's 'don't ask don't tell '.
It doesn't improve skill, still it is a massive advantage knowing where everyone is, therefore giving you opportunities you would have not had to get extra kills or avoid someone trying to flank you, therefore less deaths. No way to prevent this so, if you can't beat them, join them lol.

4lbLordUxor

• Awards ICW4 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2015, 02:22:23 PM »
Its great to see all the erstwhile supporters of Lance Armstrong moving their focus to SWBF, justifying the use of radar and playing down its effectiveness, calling it a disadvantage. The bleating of youth, and what was that stuff about God and melting wax? Too much crackpipe?
Some of these posts are drifting into the realm of fantasy.
Heres the thing', radar is a cheat.
It takes specific advantage of positional awareness. If you want to use it, fine, but remember ,however you justify it ,you are still a cheat. And well beat you anyway, unassisted. So I will ask, and I will tell others of, the weaker players that use it consistently, that's a promise...lol so pathetic  :censored:

Helios

• God of the Sun.
  • Comic Team
  • This Man Has No Life
  • La Flame/Cactus Jack
  • Awards A member of the winning team of ICW6 A member of the winning team of ICW5 Special Award for players of the EA's SWBF (2015) ICW4 Winner ICW3 Participant ICW2 Tournament Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2015, 02:56:49 PM »
That is where you are wrong :) ,it's a mod, and it is very accessable to everyone. As far as i am aware most people these days use Radar, therefore it isn't a cheat ;)
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Dark_Phantom

• The Official Ghost
  • Moderators
  • Advanced Member
  • Awards A member of the winning team of ICW6 A member of the winning team of ICW5 Administered events in ICW5 Special Award for those that play the original SWBF ICW4 Participant Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site ICW3 Participant Recognizes a winner of an Amateur Modding Contest on this site.
    • View Profile
    • The BOBclan
    • Awards
  • PSN: phantom567459
  • Steam ID:
  • Origin ID: phantom567459
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2015, 02:59:03 PM »
Uxor, opinions are opinions.  Leave this discussion as is.  There have been too many arguments and fights caused over this, and you have been warned.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Led

• Administrator
  • The Chosen One
  • The 82nd Element
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2015, 03:02:21 PM »
That is where you are wrong :) ,it's a mod, and it is very accessable to everyone. As far as i am aware most people these days use Radar, therefore it isn't a cheat ;)

You too Helios.  Leave it alone.

Locked.