Jet Wars

Started by Are§, February 24, 2013, 03:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 24, 2013, 03:58:10 PM Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 02:02:51 PM by Are§

Jet Wars v1.0 by Are§/[FC]Fate

This is a side modification for the GCW era. It contains all new units for imp and reb factions, each a different kind of jet (hence the name). Each unit yields 5 weapons (with the exception of the Aquos Breed), some familiar some customs, all fun to play with. It even includes some custom reticules made specifically for the new weapons (but I left the main ones as they were, such as sniper, so that your custom rets will still show up for those). Each unit being a jet allows for a new type of game play that is very enjoyable and has never been seen before. Please download and enjoy!

Back Story: Towards the end of the Galactic Civil War, there were a number of encounters between these elite jet forces that each side had meticulously recruited and compiled to be the optimal warring factions. Each unit is dangerous in it's own way, depending on the background from which it comes. Surviving Jet Troopers from the Clone Wars times have divided themselves into clans, each fighting for a different cause. Further mutations of the Dark Trooper have led to many new breeds, some even that the Empire could no longer control.

Factions: [spoiler]*Rebel Jet Factions*

- "AmeriClan Jet" - patriotic warriors bred directly from genuine American DNA

- "Guardian Breed" - results of Dark Trooper mutations that went wrong, for the Empire... Sworn to protect all that is right and just

- "Enron Clan Jet" - fights to protect and preserve the natural environments of planets from the destructive, war-bent Empire

- "Emberos Breed" - rebellious Aquos Breed, it's hate burns with a lust for vengence against the deceitful Empire

- "Bryant Clan Jet" - valiant fighters for good... extremely well trained and athletic, some say they are a little full of themselves however

*Imperial Jet Factions*

- "Aquos Breed" - standard new-age Dark Trooper, serves the Empire dutifully

- "Zahada Clan Jet" - mysterious mercenaries hired by the empire to carry out it's will in battle

- "Destroyer Breed" - pure evil mutations of the Aquos Breed

- "Hegemon Clan Jet" - fallen members of AmeriCLan, lured to the Empire by promises of supreme power and authority

- "Death Breed" - rumored to have been created by the Devil himself, carries out Imperial orders ruthlessly
[/spoiler]

Weapons: [spoiler]-Unit Arsenal-

- AmeriClan Jet
   1. Standard Issue (SI) Rebel Blaster Rifle
   2. SI Rebel Blaster Pistol
   3. A-20 Hyper Rifle
   4. Combat Knife
   5. Thermal Detonators
- Guardian Breed
   1. Enhanced Rebel Missile Launcher
   3. C-130 Repeater
   4. Mines
   5. Thermal Detonators
- Enron Clan Jet
   1. Enhanced Rebel Shotgun
   3. Bow Blaster
   4. SI Health and Ammo Dispenser
   5. Remote Detonation Charges     (Press "Reload" to detonate)
- Emberos Breed
   1. SI Rebel Sniper Rifle
   2. DT-12 Reserve Pistol
   3. EE-3 Burst Rifle
   4. Melee Attack 
   5. Thermal Detonators
- Bryant Clan Jet
   1. Enhanced Rebel Bowcaster
   2. SI Rebel Grenade Launcher
   3. Heavy Tri-shot Rifle
   4. Commander Sword
   5. Thermal Detonators

- Aquos Breed
   1. Enhanced Imperial Blaster Rifle
   2. SI Imperial Blaster Pistol
   3. BT-16 Spectrum Emitter
   4. Light Spectrum Shield
- Zahada Clan Jet
   1. Enhanced Imperial Missle Launcher
   2. RT-97c Heavy Repeater
   3. SI Imperial Blaster Pistol
   4. Mines
   5. Thermal Detonators
- Destroyer Breed
   1. SI Imperial Mortar Launcher
   2. SI Imperial Blaster Pistol
   3. P-180 Horizontal Tri-shot Blaster
   4. Health and Ammo Dispenser
   5. Thermal Detonators
- Hegemon Clan Jet
   1. SI Imperial Sniper Rifle
   2. E11-S Burst Rifle
   3. WESTAR-34 Commando Pistol
   4. Combat Knife
   5. Thermal Detonators
- Death Breed
   1. Enhanced Imperial Shotgun
   2. ACP Dual-Shot Cannon
   3. Wunderwaffe Death Ray Emitter (make sure you fully charge it!)
   4. Magnastaff
   5. Thermal Detonators[/spoiler]

Screenshots: [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Tips and Tricks: [spoiler]- if you let the bow blaster charge it will shoot 3 vertically aligned shots
- each of the clone jet models have no initial fuel cost... if you are ever in a squeeze for fuel, try pressing space bar repeatedly
- I would stay away from maps with cliffs, as many ai jets seem to have the confidence to hover over them until there fuel runs out... 
- The skins and mods DO apply to snowy and forest maps as well
- I find it is also very fun to only put one of the modded jet side.lvl's in and dominate the stock side
- Each unit has 5 weapons (3 primary and 2 secondary), so don't forget about the other secondary weapons even though it doesn't show up in the spawn display
- If you are experiencing any lag in single player, one thing you can do is go to the pause menu> Options > Video Options > and hit Auto Detect at the bottom of the screen. Should help balance out all the effects.
- I would not recommend playing this mod on Endor, gets pretty laggy there, for me at least (my computer isn't the best)
- One map that I found very enjoyable to play with this is Rhen Var : Harbor[/spoiler]

Credits: [spoiler]-Credits-

All modifications found in these side and core lvl's are done by me, Are§,
EXCEPT FOR:
   1) Weapons Models
      - Sereja for ACP Array Gun, Bow, DT-12, Kitchen Knife, RT97c, westar34, and wunderwaffe models
      - CodeaRez for Hyper Sniper Rifle
      - JabbaLovesLava and Delta_57_Slash for Disruptor Rifle
      - Parhicida and Darh_Z for EE-3 model
      - DarthD.U.C.K. for magnastaff
      - KINETOSIMPETUS for Imperial Heavy Repeater Model
      - Fett and Caleb1117 for Chaingun model
      - J-Dee for E11s model
      - Sky_216 for CIS shotty model
      - Vyse for vibrosword model
   2) I used Sleepkillers Dark Blue jet pack fx files for a couple units (which Phobos removed the smoke trail effect from) and then I used it as a reference to make my own jet effects, so I wanted to give him credit for that.
   3) Phobos for remote detonation assets/Hybrid Weapon ideas/Side.lvl Builders/a compiled pack of weapon assets/help whenever I needed it
AND
        4) SK for the tutorial on how to put in 5 weapons
        5) Pandemic/Lucasarts for the game and Star Wars itself

I would also like to give a big shoutout to anyone on swbfgamers who helped answer my questions by way of post or PM. Thanks![/spoiler]

check out the README for installation instructions

Feel free to post here any feedback that you may have, and if you like the mod please vote for it in the Amateur Modding Contest starting on the 28th of February  :tu:

EDIT: I uploaded it to the site instead because mediafire was being weird http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=916 1.3 update now finished, this link is out-dated
New Link for v1.3: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=917

EDIT2: I have updated the Credits section. please read. sorry for the conflict.

You guys GOTTA Play this ITS FREAKIN EPIC   :mf: 

lol ty, nice screenshot  8)

this definitely makes the gcw more interesting. keep up the good work

Looks nice. I like tye rainbow jet pack. I hope you wernt inspired by nyan cat.

Nice work Fate :)
<br /><br />Top SWBF1 Modder and Skill Clan 2009-20??

This looks worth trying. Sniping and Jets = new possibilities. Plus, the sides are actually fair.

I just now tried it out. Although I'm not a fan of backing up important stuff (I'l do side mods anytime, but won't use custom mission/core.lvls), the sides themselves are amazing. My faves were the purple jet with the chaingun (huge fan of any mod with a chaingun :D), and the red/grey/white one with the RT-97C rifle. I noticed this works with any map that doesn't have it's own sides, as I was trying it out on Rends Coruscant maps as well. One slight thing I noticed. The rebs won everytime, even when I capped all the cps, they still won. I don't know if perhaps the sides are a tad unbalanced with weapons, or if it's just that there was no reinforcement bleed, but they still won.

Overall, grand side mod. I would recommend givin' it a try on any stock map, or a modmap with no built-in sides.

And no, I'm not a judge for this competition. :P

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on February 24, 2013, 07:03:29 PM
I just now tried it out. Although I'm not a fan of backing up important stuff (I'l do side mods anytime, but won't use custom mission/core.lvls), the sides themselves are amazing. My faves were the purple jet with the chaingun (huge fan of any mod with a chaingun :D), and the red/grey/white one with the RT-97C rifle. I noticed this works with any map that doesn't have it's own sides, as I was trying it out on Rends Coruscant maps as well. One slight thing I noticed. The rebs won everytime, even when I capped all the cps, they still won. I don't know if perhaps the sides are a tad unbalanced with weapons, or if it's just that there was no reinforcement bleed, but they still won.

Overall, grand side mod. I would recommend givin' it a try on any stock map, or a modmap with no built-in sides.

And no, I'm not a judge for this competition. :P

hmm that's weird, i think i've won with empire before, but ill look into it. Ty for the feedback

February 24, 2013, 08:05:44 PM #9 Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 06:57:49 AM by Phobos
cool mod  8)

Realy fun mod. :)
Totaly new, charge adopted reticules, unexpected effects, and rainbow skins.
Specialy, I like this: Easy Way Out; Are You Serious?  :D
And some feedback, as you ask for it ;) :
1. No 1st person view.
2. "Shiney" skins has no alpha channel.
3. Melee weapon has no icons.
4. "Hegemon clan jet" unit, has no jet effect (not sure, maybe it's should be invisible, since your side, totaly funcy ;)).
If you fix everything, I am sure, SleepKiller, may pay attention on this...
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: Sereja on February 24, 2013, 11:49:24 PM
Realy fun mod. :)
Totaly new, charge adopted reticules, unexpected effects, and rainbow skins.
Specialy, I like this: Easy Way Out; Are You Serious?  :D
And some feedback, as you ask for it ;) :
1. No 1st person view.
2. "Shiney" skins has no alpha channel.
3. Melee weapon has no icons.
4. "Hegemon clan jet" unit, has no jet effect (not sure, maybe it's should be invisible, since your side, totaly funcy ;)).
If you fix everything, I am sure, SleepKiller, may pay attention on this...

@Fate: I can help with bug #3, there are several stock icons you can use, and a simple method to create custom ones that look like stock. They can be stored in the side LVL like the other tgas.
#4 could be cause by a number of problems, possibly LUA or client-based.
#2 might need updating the TGA to add alpha channel
#1 well i dont really mod first person views but you could just use stock ones

February 25, 2013, 06:00:38 AM #13 Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 06:07:48 AM by Are§
Thanks for the feedback! Yeah i just noticed i forgot to call on the right jetpack for my scout_troopersnow

And i will work on those other things, im not very familiar with the alpha channel process tho  :shrug: although i will definitely get those icon's in, and maybe the first persons. Does anyone use first person anymore? lol

I also just noticed that the core localization doesn't show up on mustafar, possibly on other mod maps as well? ill look into it

any mod maps you run through the addon folder are going to have their own core which superscedes the stock core (which is what urs replaces). i dont think it loads localization from both cores but i could be wrong.