Sereja's Death Star: Interior

Started by Sereja, February 07, 2013, 11:48:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
This is my converted version of SWBF2 map: Death Star: Interior.

link:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=f943b40addc5ab088c48da7836357c4d&action=downloads;sa=view;down=907

pic:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Features:
1. My models, effects, reticules and huds; hex edited sides;
2. most weapon are chargable;
3. killable jedi;
4. 5th weapon added;
5. 2nd, and 3rd locals added;
6. decreased effects sides added;
7. SWBF2 sound effects added;
8. working (in most parts) SWBF2 turbolaser effect;
9. magnetic sealed garbge room.

Instalation:

1. Put the 010 folder in to your C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\AddOn folder

My map, as usualy, overload by effects, so, if you use slow PC, you have to use my "decreased effect sides": from my Decreased_Sides folder, put them, in to your C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\AddOn\010\Data\_lvl_pc\Side folder, make backup first.

Easter Egg contest: just find my avatar pic, and you win!

KNOWN BUGS:

1. Muzzleflash effects become appear in random places. Not sure, but looks like this bug was added by SWBF creators.
2. Muzzleflash effects, in some reason absorbed by reflection regions, so, may dissapear.
3. Charge weapon sound not works: com_weap_charge for GCW, and bowcaster_charge for CW. Reason unknown.
5. Magnetic lock, works only in certain spots of garbage room. Reason: it sure take some infantry count memory, and if I make it more solid, it may increase "infantry meditation" percent.
4. During turbolaser fire effect works, it may cause appear of some "black spot" (origin unknown).
Well, in some theory, it may cause because, when reactor energy translated to plasma rim linze, it cause collide of the electrons, and as result, micro black hole, may appears...  Anyway, till now, I have no other, more realistic explanation for this...

Tester: Kit Fisto.

Enjoy!
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

:o I might be gone for a few days from playing all of these modmaps! :D

Sweet! The DeathStar's Laser effect works!
Very cool indeed!

Looks cool !
Btw, I love the way u count ! : 1, 2, 3 , 5 and 4 xd
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Very nice map, love the effects.  :tu:

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Then you will like a lot of the other conversions Sereja has done!! You should check them out!

Thank's! :)
Laser effects, wasn't realy hard at all. They works fine, in almost stock SWBF2 condition. Much harder, was to make sound delay, for it.
By the way, my turbo laser, not just an effect, like it was in SWBF2. Now, it realy can kill!

The map works solid (aside from some varied graphical issues, but no biggie), except the turbolaser wasn't on when I walked by (but that's not an issue for me). I know you said you couldn't get the trash compactor to work, so I ain't mad about that. I don't really have a complaint that's major, just stating a few bugs on my end. Other than that, great conversion.

I think, turbolaser stop works, because, big msh models, always dissapear, in close view, when they are part of the effects. You can see the same, if you come to close, to the arena electric fence, on my Nar Shaddaa map. Not sure, if there exist some parameter line, to fix that...
Actualy, I never try, to fix trash compactor. I just make blaster deflect effect (magnetic lock) on the garbage room walls.

Quote from: Sereja on February 08, 2013, 11:34:13 AM
I think, turbolaser stop works, because, big msh models, always dissapear, in close view, when they are part of the effects. You can see the same, if you come to close, to the arena electric fence, on my Nar Shaddaa map. Not sure, if there exist some parameter line, to fix that...
Actualy, I never try, to fix trash compactor. I just make blaster deflect effect (magnetic lock) on the garbage room walls.

Ah, I see. Well, like I said, wasn't too big of an issue, the conversion itself is solid though. I look forward to seeing that one Naboo map you had planned though, the Gungan City one. :D

Oh, yes, "Naboo: Otoh Gunga"  :). It's still very unfinished. Lot of new models have to do, plus, have try figure out, how to make custom music...

Sorry for bumping, but I wanted to say this, and I figure this is the best place to say it.

I like your Death Star map, but is it possible to do what you did with your Nar Shaddaa and Naboo maps where you added sides with characters you couldn't normally play as?

What I'm getting at is-I really like your Death Star Trooper/Imperial Navy Trooper (the unit class that looks like a Rebel Soldier, but in black). I noticed you can play as an Imperial Gunner, but not as the Imperial Navy Trooper. Could you make an adjustment available for the Death Star map to switch some units around so I can play as him? Also I think the Imperials should be using the pistol that the Separatist Droids usually use because that is an imperial pistol in SW canon (Scout Trooper excepted)
In the Soviet Army, it takes more courage to retreat than advance.