Ares V1 Side Mod

Started by Are§, January 20, 2013, 11:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
This mod is a side mod for the GCW era. All factions have same weapons and teams have all the same units, but every weapon and most unit skins have been modified. *Skins and ODF changes do not include "snowy" planets*

This mod is online compatible as long as the server host and all players have the side mod in. If enough people like this mod, I'm sure we could have Phobos or Led host a server using this mod so we could play online (which would probably be even more fun than single player). Please post feedback (positive or negative) on the SWBFgamers forum here, as this is my first full side mod, so i'd like to know what you all think.

Enjoy!

Preview Pictures:
[spoiler]   [/spoiler]

External Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?9h40jpyd2xy507a

This skins are nice, will the skins still be there if i join like the pla server?

No, since the side.lvl has other modifications in it that would make it incompatible with a regular swbf server. But I could upload a side.lvl that only has the skins if you want

That would be nice, please do :-D, my favorites are the jet and the pilot-, jet pistol so fast :D

Here are the imp.lvl and all.lvl with only my modded skins in them, at Peanut's request.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mo5hg4mfftk2pj4

Epic Skins Fate!!!! :D :)
<br /><br />Top SWBF1 Modder and Skill Clan 2009-20??

Meh... Lool im jk these are 2pro
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Neat mod, Fate. Will you be modding more often now?

Yes, i actually already have a few other projects in mind.. expect more guys. Remember, your feedback is very helpful, so I know what you guys would like in mods to come.

Here's some "feed back" and tips.
Well if I were you, I'd really crack down on the Imperial troopers skin, I love it like it is (beautiful neon green!), but if the trooper MSH (models) could be "speculaired" using Hex editor (fairly easy to do), that would be the best skin I've seen in a while.

Also, I like how you changed the laser textures, and if you change the animation bank for pistol odf to refer the animation bank that is in the Rifle odf, it makes the pistol looks so much more cool!

Important tip for guns:
-Rapid fire can get dull alot of times, so if you want to keep things interesting, do NOT over power your weapons!
-Instead, (pretend you're dealing with blaster rifle), make it have a little bit less damage than the sniper rifle, but shoot slower than it would originally shoot.

-3 round burst pistols are neat as well, you can change that by the
SalvoCount = "3"
ShotsPerSalvo = "1"
SalvoDelay = "0.15"
InitialSalvoDelay = "0.0"
SalvoTime = "0.0"
lines, if you Have a Salvo Count of 3, it will fire 3 times in 1 click, you can make the gun have more delay time between fires as well, and salvo delay is delay between the shots.

Important things about the actually "people."
-Try not to change the speed of people too much, too fast or too slow is VERY annoying.
-Too many mines or grenades per unit is quite noobish (IMO), so try not to do that for best results.

I hope this helps, and may the modding forces be with you!

Yes thank you very much for the feedback. And i am familiar with how salvo count works (all_trooper has a three round burst rifle and all_probedroid have 4 round burst blaster).

And i would just like to say that the point of this mod way to over power the weapons, mostly because i wanted to play around with the values for my first mod, but your insight is duly noted!

And yes, i also found that the added speed to some units wasn't necessary and sometimes caused animation problems, ill be sure to leave that out of future mods unless it's needed.