Script error BFbuilder.

Started by RepComm, December 03, 2012, 02:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
When ever I click "Create New World" in BFbuilder or 0 BFbuilder Pro, I get this error. *attachment*

I have BoPc Fix installed, i have bfbpro-zefix-bound-psc-parted fixes installed, and am using unsupported_swbf_modtools version of BFbuilder.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks.

Try putting the BFBuilder folder in a folder named "C:\Lucasarts"

So that your path looks like "C:\Lucasarts\BFBuilder".

Quote from: tirpider on December 03, 2012, 03:03:24 PM
Try putting the BFBuilder folder in a folder named "C:\Lucasarts"

So that your path looks like "C:\Lucasarts\BFBuilder".
It looked like it was going to do it, but then the same error poped up.
But I am on a Windows 7 x86, so my Battlefront folder would be in
C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/
rather than C:/LucasArts/

Regardless of where your Battlefront folder is, the BFBuilder suite likes to live at C:\Lucasarts\BFBuilder.

Win 7, 8, vista, x64, each have thier own issues and fixes to get them working, but the above is common to them all.

Quote from: tirpider on December 03, 2012, 03:10:10 PM
Regardless of where your Battlefront folder is, the BFBuilder suite likes to live at C:\Lucasarts\BFBuilder.

Win 7, 8, vista, x64, each have thier own issues and fixes to get them working, but the above is common to them all.
Hmm, I guess it wouldn't be a location path issue then, it doesn't like to create reguardless of where it is...
script error shown in my picture says error in char 1 line 1, how can you have an error so short into the script?
Is this a known bug? Or just my PC acting up.
Edit: Oh, and thanks for responding, people don't usually seem to like trying to fix my modding issues.

I'm actually pretty sure it is a path issue.
Every solution I have seen has started with making sure the BFBuilder is in the C:\Lucasarts folder. It gets OS specific from there.

I'm not finding win 7 information on site.
There is this : Breakdown's Modding Guide [PC- Only]
But I can't find any win7 specifics in it.

Haven't checked GT yet.

Surely someone here is running win 7 and modding.. right?

Quote from: tirpider on December 03, 2012, 03:26:49 PM
Surely someone here is running win 7 and modding.. right?
Sleep Killer :P He has EXACT same version as I do.

This is from breakdowns modding guide

and if you have trouble with this on windows 7, try these directions (from Bamdur)

To munge on a 64 bit pc:

1. Open Bfbuilder
2. Select Munge
3. Type @set path=C:/windows/system32
4. Type munge
5. Let it munge
6. Get your map out of Bfbuilder/addon folder
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

December 03, 2012, 03:34:32 PM #8 Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 03:36:56 PM by tirpider
Then there is this

:P
-edit
But that doesn't fix bfbuilder not making your project file.

If the path is right, then I can't imagine what would keep it from working.

December 03, 2012, 03:43:00 PM #9 Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 03:45:18 PM by -RepublicCommando-
Quote from: tirpider on December 03, 2012, 03:34:32 PM
Then there is this

:P
-edit
But that doesn't fix bfbuilder not making your project file.

If the path is right, then I can't imagine what would keep it from working.
Lol, obviously munging isn't the problem (although it doesn't munge anything accept the mission, and sound LVLs with this script problem)
Especially because I wrote that "this"

Edit: I believe this is the part where @Sleep Killer comes in.

I run win 7 and it works fine. I don't quite remember the answer to the script error, but I'd start with downloading the BoPC fix.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Ah, I just skimmed through the rest, I didn't think I missed anything. Hmm.. I wish I could remember how to fix this..
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Snake on December 03, 2012, 04:19:55 PM
Ah, I just skimmed through the rest, I didn't think I missed anything. Hmm.. I wish I could remember how to fix this..
Me too :P , I'm just glad anyone responded in the first place, but if there is a fix, I will personally credit everyone that helped me with this in EVERY map I make from now on out of pure gratitude!

Well I don't have the BFBuilder error code list and what they mean book handy. So I will just take a few wild stabs in the dark here. For starters you have correct permissions set on your LucasArts folder. (Which should be absolutely located C:/LucasArts/BFBuilder. Although the partition it self probably doesn't matter too much.)

Here is an example on my computer.

Your user account should have complete authority over the folder. To get to where I am in the picture you go into the folders Properties, then into the security tab and then you click Edit. Incorrect folder permissions can cause older programs to freak out.

PS. My user account name is my alias not my real name. Just throwing that out there.