The Run-Around

Started by Led, November 11, 2012, 08:04:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Recently you requested personal assistance from Glu Mobile Customer Care. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

If you need further help, please do not start a new ticket, respond to the same thread for a faster reply from our Glu Mobile team.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Subject
Star Wars Battlefront masterserver

Discussion Thread
Response Via Email (Michael)   11/10/2012 06:53 PM
Thank you for contacting Glu Mobile Customer Care. We apologize for the delay.

We do not provide the support response for Gamespy servers, we only handle questions involving Glu Mobile games. Please continue to contact Gamespy regarding these issues.

Regards,
Glu Mobile Customer Care.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

From IGN:

This is pasted from this link:
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/cant-log-in-to-powered-by-gamespy-games-read-this-please.452589253/

Please note, IGN and Gamespy no longer own Gamespy Technologies as of 2012 August 6. Check with Glu Mobile's support site for assistance on all Gamespy Technology matters from now on.

I think we may be  :censored: . Has anyone tried gamespy anyway or no because the thing about Glu.
I'm not multi-clanning I just have lots of affiliates.

Ya, i got the exact same response from Glu as you did Buck.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

Quote from: Buckler on November 11, 2012, 08:15:37 AM
I have not, care to do that for us?
u could paste the same message here for email gamespy technologies directly
http://www.poweredbygamespy.com/about/#cformsform

OK, i did so.  Here is what I put in:

The PC star wars battlefront gamespy master server appears to no longer be accepting server listings.  Could it be restarted for us, or otherwise fixed?

IGN and Glu both deny having anything to do with the issue or being able to help.

To paraphrase a famous movie line, Help us gamespytech, you are our only hope!

And I also contact IGN support:

http://www.ign.com/support/contact

Here is what I said:

The PC based gamespy master server for star wars battle front (the original, not SWBF2) appears to be unable or unwilling to show game servers since 11/7/2012.  IGN says to concact Glu, Glu says to contact IGN.  Please help to restart the service for this game on the master server.

Thank you.

Has anyone gotten news from Gamespy about this yet?  :confused:

Ugh, it sounds like we need someone inside the system.

Even though GLU and IGN are making us chase our own tails, Gamespy still exists under the umbrella of GLU so wouldn't it be better to find a direct contact to Gamespy instead?

This is all setup like it was planned to happen... Maybe someone knew that everyone was going to be ticked off that the servers are down (or maybe gone for good). And they didn't want to hasstle around with a bunch of teenagers, and technology that was developed 4/5 years ago...

My guess, although I don't like it, is that they are gone for good.
Edit:: I may be wrong, feel free to correct me :P

Clicking around links and looking for support solutions, it looks like they have thier hands full making various changes here and there.

I suspect there were parts that didn't make it through the sale. (Notice how ign is completely rebuilding thier login stuff.)

It would be nice if they had some sort of dev blog that chronicled thier progress.

If they won't respond to our nice questions we should star making the company look bad! By putting posts on THEIR website saying, oh this and that sucks, they won't fix anything even when we ask nicely! What horrible customer service! I hope no new game uses this!      You get the idea. :P
Could that be a new approach to this problem?