Started by tirpider, October 16, 2012, 03:02:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Stormtrooper with ep3 v2 Jetpack

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=770

Sereja - concept/design
tirpider - editing
Pandemic - source materials

A kitbash of the following:
SWBF2 rep_inf_ep3jettrooper.msh (Pandemic)
SWBF1 imp_inf_stormtrooper.msh (Pandemic)
and the various tga's, .options, and lowres models that they came with.

Changes:
- Used the "OverrideTexture compatible Stormtrooper" as a base.
- Added Jetpack
- Renamed jetpack chunk to make it OverrideTexture compatible.
- I used a trick for the shadow. The ep3 jet shadow is embedded in the body shadow of the ep3 trooper. I got lazy and just deleted the uv for the lowres jet modl, added a wght chunk and merged it as a segm with the stormtrooper shadow. One of my few 'lazy inovations' that actually saved time and worked out better than doing it the 'hard' way.

Possible future edits:
- Different Jet/Backpack?
- Bunny Ears?

To make use of the override texture, the following line needs to be in the unit's odf
(replace texturename with the name of your texture)
OverrideTexture  = "texturename"  // body
OverrideTexture2 = "texturename"  // Jetpack

It uses the stock tga's by default.
Imp_inf_trooper.tga
rep_inf_ep3jettrooperjetpack.tga

-tirpider (tirpider@yahoo.com)
visit http://www.swbfgamers.com/

That's realy nice work! Now, we can add imperial jet trooper, as regular side unit, and be sure, to not step out of logic canons! :tu:

Bunny Ears? I cud help you with this! :D

Seriously, it's cud be nice, if one of your next projects, will be imperial NAVY... ;)
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: Sereja on October 16, 2012, 03:26:43 AM
That's realy nice work! Now, we can add imperial jet trooper, as regular side unit, and be sure, to not step out of logic canons! :tu:

Bunny Ears? I cud help you with this! :D

Seriously, it's cud be nice, if one of your next projects, will be imperial NAVY... ;)

This is my goal. :)
I am hoping to go through the entire side, making them Override_Texture compatible, so that we can have Legion options for the Imperials, without having to hex texture names for every legion.

The Override Texture conversion on these is a bear and takes a solid day, but once it is done, swapping parts goes a lot faster than before because everything is already set-up. The envelopes are cleaner too. Makes remapping parts go as fast as java will let my spreadsheet open and close.

The next unit was going to be the Scout, but he can wait.
Any particular Piece of Navy that needs attention?

Well, as you can see, from this pic (first model):
[spoiler][/spoiler]
my NAVY helmet, look's nice, as addon, on Luke's body. So, I think, it just need to be connected as it is.

October 16, 2012, 04:25:48 AM #5 Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 04:49:01 AM by tirpider
Ah, I understand.
I think there are a few Imperials that could wear that, actually.

By the way, great pic.

-edit
:)
I don't believe I have your hat.

Oh, great, and I do not need to reupload it.
Quote from: tirpider on October 16, 2012, 04:25:48 AMBy the way, great pic.
Thank's, it's from my Nar Shaddaa model casting, but I guess it's out of date - Talz become much more fatty this days...
Quote from: tirpider on October 16, 2012, 04:25:48 AM
I think there are a few Imperials that could wear that, actually.
Yes, creators of SWTFU, made new trooper model, and call it "NAVY'. I guess, those model was already maded, and released. I never use it, becouse, in some reason, it takes lot of game memory (as many other custom models), and turn all other units around in to lowrez.

I would like, someday, to see all the figures featured on the following link in SWBF.
Imperial Navy Commander
[spoiler]

I think the Scanning Crew guy (in gray) kinda looks like Johnny Carson. [/spoiler]

The helmet is pretty awesome.

Thank's, just hope, it will not takes much memory of the game, as some of my models...
Well, I sow those pics, and notes: some of the imperial NAVY, has a "pilot gloves". So, another varition, cud be: my helmet, Luke's head, and AT-ST driver body...
Oh, and I am also, already upload female officer head ;).