Author Topic: Problem with Zero Editor (typical Runtime error)  (Read 5559 times)

Epifire

• Master Modder
  • Frequent Poster
  • Didn't know I was a Mandalorian did ya :P
  • Awards Admin for SWBFgamers.com ICW Tournament
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
Re: Problem with Zero Editor (typical Runtime error)
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2015, 09:31:39 PM »
Windows 7 Ultimate, no luck, virtual PC doesn't do any better, are we doomed then? Gametoast is also offline apparently.

I have a machine running XP just for the purpose of Zero Edit and BFBuilder, because of all the compatibility crap.  8)

However one thing (not sure if anyone else mentioned this) is Zero Edit can have issues with multi-core systems. I don't think it'll actually solve the problem you're facing directly, but I always have to set my affinity for it in task manager to only use one. Just a general tip for people running that on modern systems.

VanFanel1980mx

• Grand Moff
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2015, 12:05:41 PM »
ZE for SWBF1 or SWBF2 ?
ZE for Battlefront II, never tried the one for Battlefront I.
I have a machine running XP just for the purpose of Zero Edit and BFBuilder, because of all the compatibility crap.  8)

However one thing (not sure if anyone else mentioned this) is Zero Edit can have issues with multi-core systems. I don't think it'll actually solve the problem you're facing directly, but I always have to set my affinity for it in task manager to only use one. Just a general tip for people running that on modern systems.
The problem is, the thing pops the runtime error way before I am able to set affinity, I think there is a program that can create a batch for that, maybe I will need to try.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 12:07:18 PM by VanFanel1980mx »
When you create a mod and get no feedback it feels cheap, leave a comment or tell me to go elsewhere.

shelljonathanea

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2015, 09:08:26 AM »
I using window 8 and the error say You must have Star Wars Battlefront 1 Install but it is already install like Did I do something wrong or what?

Led

• Administrator
  • The Chosen One
  • The 82nd Element
  • Awards Award for extensive modding contributions and/or donations to TWD Battlefront Special Award for players of the EA Reboot of SWBF Special Award for those that play the original SWBF
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
  • Tunngle ID: _PLA-Led
  • Origin ID: plaled
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2015, 09:20:55 AM »
I using window 8 and the error say You must have Star Wars Battlefront 1 Install but it is already install like Did I do something wrong or what?

Use the BOPC fix.  It is will the mod tools kit I put together with the various fixes and patches:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1219